Page 213 of 588 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 5874
    Yeah, get him if you see him, and you like the reasons I listed. I suspect some fans just won't be into him 'cause he's a deluxe or 'cause he's a little weird, but if you can get by that and want something unique and fun, he's not a bad pick.

Did I mention my Bonecrusher figure has a lot of flash on the parts? I can't remember if I said it here or somewhere else. Anyway, it does, causes some minor gapping in a lot of places but no real significant issues. Just an interesting aside, not a problem per se - I can always shave it off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Tycho, you gotta be kidding me! of all the new TF's to get, you buy Scorponok???
    Actually, I've opened him now and have him on display with my big Autobot vs. Decepticon battle going on atop the right hand side of my desk here. Scorponok looks great. He's attacking Wheeljack's Alternator, while Sunstreaker's Alt is about to run him over like Kup did to Kickback in the 1986 movie. Hound's Alt is backing them up, but Starscream MP-03 is about to blast him. Then Ravage's Alternator will leap on him.

Meanwhile Jazz's Alternator (Meister) has charged Megatron MP-05, rather foolishly. Mirage's Alternator is racing to a support position. Optimus Prime's MP-01 has just transformed but is ranging his weapon waiting for "The Touch" to start playing out of my soundsystem before he does anything to help Jazz.

I have Alternators Smokescreen, SideSwipe, and Tracks put away in the closet. Decepticons, currently outnumbered by Autobots, get first priority with my limited space. Autobots I'd still buy include Ironhide, Ratchet, and BumbleBee if they were offered at the quality level I'd desire.

Decepticon MP-06 Skywarp will be joining my battle as a fighter jet in September.

I'm fairly certain that if I could find the TRU exclusive re-release of G1 Soundwave, he'd look good with this group, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I still can't get over it, Tycho, you talk trash about us (good naturedly i think) being blind unsophisticated TF followers and yet you pass up everything in the Classics line only to buy Scorponok whose robot mode looks more like a 2nd beast mode - robotic medusa tailed scorpion monster. that wouldn't have been acceptable in the Beast Wars or Beast Machines lines and shouldn't be now.

I noticed that TRU upped their prices on Robot Heroes to 5.99. Last week they were only 4.99. It's also interesting that their price for the Leader class is 39.99 which is cheaper than Target's sale price this week.

I got Bonecrusher from Target today...gonna open it up right now.

My Optimus Prime is watching you!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 039.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	15524  
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I still can't get over it, Tycho, you talk trash about us (good naturedly i think) being blind unsophisticated TF followers and yet you pass up everything in the Classics line only to buy Scorponok whose robot mode looks more like a 2nd beast mode - robotic medusa tailed scorpion monster. that wouldn't have been acceptable in the Beast Wars or Beast Machines lines and shouldn't be now.
    Scorponok is not likely a real Transformer (in the movie continuity). He's a drone launched by Blackout.

The robot mode was only conceived of by Hasbro because they wisely thought it would be lame packaging a toy under the Transformers logo that does not even transform.

Their choices were:

1) Not make Scorponok at all - save for that accessory piece with Blackout

2) make him, but not make him transform or do anything

3) make a robot form for him, though some fans like me will never use it*

*the robot form does look like crap!

Now if you watch the scene with him that's been featured in every trailer, he's sort of the size of a car and a bit larger than the 3 soldiers he's chasing in the preview. That puts him on a nice scale with my Alternators I'm so fond of. So I bought him.

I barely have any Decepticons, so it's nice to add someone original (I skipped all the repaints with an exception planned for Masterpiece Skywarp).

So that is that.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Scorponok is supposed to be one of the most massive, nefarious Decepticons ever. Doesn't matter what continuity. The guy definitely ain't no drone.

What is the point of a Transformer in this "realistic" movie universe who transforms from a giant robot scorpion into a different giant robot scorpion? Does that strike anyone as a fanfic written by Robin Flantdig?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Help me Optimus Prime, you're my only hope!

I have this uncontrollable urge to buy the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet and a pile of those pathetic Starscream action figures. Then donning the helmet, and setting up a digital recording for use on YouTube, proceed to open and smash all the Starscream action figures with a hammer. I'll add energon battle axe sounds in post-production.

I'll shout things like "One shall stand and one shall fall!" and "This is the end of the road!"

I think I need to do this or I'm going to have a complete mental breakdown.

Then still wearing the Optimus Prime helmet, I'll run stark naked, streaking at the beach while shooting people with those foam darts from the Optimus Prime arm cannon blaster.

When they come to take me away, I'll reveal how Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg put me up to it all.

When the judge asks if I have any final words, I'll say, "Until all are one!"

Yes folks, I am losing it. I want this Transformers movie and it better not suck!

21 more days! (early July 2nd screening - hey I better start sleeping outside of a movie theater with my Sunstreaker action figure!)

- Oh - and I can't stop listening to "The Touch!"

I am touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    [B]I am touched....in the head.

I think thats what you meant.

Double-post here - because I'm so awesome! I just got a new digital camera for my research trip but as I am learning to use it, I took the following awesome photo of my Transformers as I display them in battle.

I don't know why, but MP Megatron seems to look smaller than Optimus Prime in this photo. He's not. He's about the same size. But I think I am Prime-centric in my focus. It would figure.

Pictured are:

MP Optimus Prime
    Alt Hound
    Alt Mirage (as car)
    Alt Jazz (they called him Meister)
    Alt Wheeljack
    Alt Sunstreaker (as car - looks like movie BumbleBee sort of, huh?)

VERSUS

MP Megatron
    MP Starscream
    Alt Ravage
    Movie Scorponok
    Alt Rumble (as car)

Not Pictured (due to space primarily)

Alt Smokescreen
    Alt SideSwipe
    Alt Tracks

This is all my collection. The best Transformers collection possible.

At present, I only plan to add MP Skywarp (in jet mode) come September.

Dig it!

Grrr. Please be patient. My picture was at too high of resolution for these forums. I'm trying to dull it to reduce the memory used.

Here you go Tychomis Prime...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tycho_tf.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	15534