Page 244 of 566 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 5655
  1. #2431
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Even at $30, I still wouldn't want the Ultimate BB. At the risk of sounding like Tycho, he's not to scale with any of my other TF's and I don't like BB that much that this would be a must have for me.
    And you'll need to get that discount so you can spend $60 and get 2 of them so you won't have to change the one you have from robot to car and back again.

    It's like I've been explaining to you guys: Transformers are not made to be transformed. It's better to buy real Transformers, because they CAN be transformed, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. If you get 2 of your favorite ones, you can display them in each mode and not chance breaking them or loosening their parts.

    I'd say there are a few that actually ARE safe to play with - such as Leader Class Optimus Prime - or Scorponok (but it's pointless to transform him anyway). Masterpiece (20th Anniversary) Optimus Prime is also a really solid toy and can withstand being played with.

    But hear me out: all Hasbro has to do is sell cases of these to Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-Mart, and those stores will keep ordering them as long as the cases sell through. If the toys break (especially after your return priviledges expire) they get to sell you another one, as most people won't take it up with Hasbro, and the item might not loosen up or break before your return priviledge expires.

    I know I sound crazy buying duplicate Transformers so I don't have to transform them, but I'm going to start making sense when you break your toys and have no one to cry to.

    With Ultimate BumbleBee, I've seen him and played with him loose now, but I was not convinced it'd be a good purchase for me - and yeah, the size / scale is also inconvenient like Figrin pointed out. If they made an Ultimate Barricade, perhaps I'd be all over both of them. That'd be pretty cool actually, with flashing police lights and strobing headlamps, not to mention having a Transformer that calls you "a Ladiesman" because that's not going to happen in real life.

    But there you go. That's how it is. Until all are one.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  2. #2432
    Tycho, that works for you because you buy so few TF's and because you're so paranoid about breaking them

    Dating back to when I was a kid, I've never broken a single TF. And though I've only a fraction of what someone like JT might own in terms of a TF collection, getting 2 of each would definitely have made me broke.

  3. #2433
    Eh, I just pick a mode that looks good and leave 'em in it. All my Classics are in robot mode except for Grimlock (he prefers being a dino, don't ya know?), Prime is in robot mode, and my Alternators are pretty evenly split.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  4. #2434
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Eh, I just pick a mode that looks good and leave 'em in it. All my Classics are in robot mode except for Grimlock (he prefers being a dino, don't ya know?), Prime is in robot mode, and my Alternators are pretty evenly split.
    I transformed my Alts once then left them in vehicle mode. That's why I got them in the first place. The Alts I couldn't get were the SDCC versions.

  5. #2435
    I want a Leader Class Blackout and a Leader Class Bonecrusher!

    NOW!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  6. #2436
    Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel View Post
    Man, I had no idea there were three until I finally saw a Scout class Arcee at Target the other day.

    You'd think they'd at least change up the accessories between Elita One and Arcee!

    Thumbs up for creating the new mold, it's a good design, but thumbs down for beating the mold into the ground.
    These are such "quick & dirty" repaint entries that I can't see them dumping the accessories at this point, though they ABSOLUTELY should since that Energon oversized crossbow is a snore, and while they're at it, how about dumping the energon chip and corresponding spark crystal tube in her chest, it hampers this figure's lines in both modes. I don't know why they thought Target would want a second repaint of a 2-year-old figure.

    Oh - and I picked you up an 08 BB last night.
    Awesome, thanks! Man, I don't know how you guys are finding these BBs, must be amazing timing. I hit the stores and no matter how soon it's been since stocking, never a BB.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Also, slightly off topic, have any of you read anything about the Kiss Players? I thought it was just some ridiculous name for the later BinalTechs. I just read some info about the series, and it may be the single most disturbing, uh, anything. Ever.
    Yeah, some fans are REALLY bothered by the concept, it seems pretty dippy to me but nothing to rant and rave over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It's like I've been explaining to you guys: Transformers are not made to be transformed. It's better to buy real Transformers, because they CAN be transformed, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. If you get 2 of your favorite ones, you can display them in each mode and not chance breaking them or loosening their parts.

    I'd say there are a few that actually ARE safe to play with - such as Leader Class Optimus Prime - or Scorponok (but it's pointless to transform him anyway). Masterpiece (20th Anniversary) Optimus Prime is also a really solid toy and can withstand being played with.
    Totally wrong, the only broken TF I've gotten lately is Dlx Brawl who is designed very badly, translucent plastic gearing was a horrible plan.

    I know I sound crazy buying duplicate Transformers so I don't have to transform them, but I'm going to start making sense when you break your toys and have no one to cry to.
    What you are talking about is packratting, I suppose it's not a surprise from you since you buy endless amounts of the worst new SW figures for dioramas you're considering making at some point in the future without messing with the figures now. But it's a bad habit and unrealistic, then you also have the chance you break BOTH your figures and then what? Now you're out double money. Plus, we can always go to your house and break your figures for you.


    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Dating back to when I was a kid, I've never broken a single TF. And though I've only a fraction of what someone like JT might own in terms of a TF collection, getting 2 of each would definitely have made me broke.
    Yeah, I have nearly every figure from the last 11 years, that's over a hundred, almost none of them have had issues.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #2437
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, some fans are REALLY bothered by the concept, it seems pretty dippy to me but nothing to rant and rave over.
    To me it looks absolutely disgusting. Preteen girls merging with Transformers by making out with them, then being ejected naked and covered with goo? And they fight Megatron lookalikes with extremely phallic tongues?

    But it's not so much anger as the thought that, soon, this will be the biggest joke on the internet. It just needs more exposure here.

    Or maybe it really doesn't.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  8. #2438
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Or maybe it really doesn't.
    No... not so much.

    It's super creepy. I look at the whole Kiss Players thing as being the end of an era. Takara is dead, and whatever TakaraTomy has become, I don't exactly understand. Well... I do, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to.

  9. #2439
    Wait a minute - Tycho, you haven't actually begun work on any of these dioramas that you're always talking about?

    I'm definitely up for coming with JT to your place and demonstrating how indestructible TF's are by drop testing them!

  10. #2440
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    But it's not so much anger as the thought that, soon, this will be the biggest joke on the internet. It just needs more exposure here.

    Or maybe it really doesn't.
    In TF circles, it's been done and played out for a year or so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO