Page 251 of 596 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5956
    I picked Masterpiece Starscream up from Rosemead WM this morning, last one in stock.

The packaging, somehow I missed just opening the top flap and disassembled a lot of uselessness before realizing it wasn't that difficult. D'oh! The pose is a little stiff thanks to the trays, twisties, and clearbands, but it's not that difficult to free him. Robot mode looks good, real G1 cred in these colors but the sculpt and detailing is Masterpiece all the way. The issues that looked like they were on the Takara version are here as well - long face, kibble, long torso - but he's got a lot of positives going on to outweigh that. I was expecting the hips to be a little more movable and hands a little more useful (and less fragile-feeling) but otherwise articulation is slick - the big hip kibble does get in the way a bit tho'. The stand is nice in bot mode, and I'm glad they threw his name on there, the Japanese release looks empty without it. The stand in bot mode accommodates his alt-mode missiles, and in vehicle mode accommodates the null-ray cannons instead (if you don't leave them on, of course); underneath there's storage for the clear stand arm and the clip for the Megatron accessory from 20th Prime (no storage for lil Dr. Arkeville tho', but you can leave him in the pilot chair which folds away in bot mode).

Transformation has a lot of steps but doesn't feel as convoluted as 20th Prime's crazy torso. The instructions leave out a few little elements like clips in the way and move-that-piece-first, but generally do a good job going robot to alt, no alt-to-robot at all though, luckily it's not too hard to reverse them. I don't really get what the flip-up crotchpiece is though, that makes no sense - I guess it's supposed to be flipped down in bot mode, but they didn't. The instructions also completely neglect the panels over the engines flipping up, not much detail underneath but still...

Alt mode is very nice, thought I haven't gotten the center part to completely align, it still looks quite slick and the G1 colors make him pop. It's great to have a Starscream without undercarriage trash finally. The opening airbrake is a cool feature, as is the front landing gear - the rear landing gear is alright, I'm glad it seals up, but it's pretty basic and not that reliable. Starscream's crown is painted as an emblem under the cockpit, very nifty.

Both modes are fairly solid. Paint weathering isn't as crazy as the initial pics had it, some of the parts are a little clean but most are just right. The base color is essentially white instead of gray, but it works. The big Decepticon logos on the wings are cool, but in bot mode they're upside-down. Overall, a cool customer, and you can't leave him unplayed-with.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Overall, a cool customer, and you can't leave him unplayed-with.
    Until you break him.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Until you break him.
    If you treat your toys like fine breakables and never touch them, you're not going to get the full experience out of them. And what happens if you break your duplicate? Your triplicate? Then you're just as SOL. I don't have time or money to waste tracking down a second one of these because of the "what if's" - I try to live by the motto that it's better to regret the things you have done than the things you haven't. If it breaks, then at least I know I enjoyed it to its fullest while I had it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This is Part One of an Interview With JediTricks. The subject: Masterpiece Starscream.

I'm MichaelBayFan and you're tuned in to 6 Minutes.

MBF: What do you think of the material choices that went into his construction?

MBF: Does he feel delicate to you?

MBF: How will you display him?

MBF: Are you tempted to get another just to protect each of them from straining the plastic while transforming him?

MBF: Assuming American versions of Skywarp and Thundercracker repaints are someday on the horizon, would you buy them?

MBF: In what mode would you display each of them?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Michael Bay can eat a hot bag of ****, hopefully in under 6 minutes.

The materials are fine, nothing feels so brittle that it'll break from use, but it's not rubbery either. I abused it a little during incorrect transformation the first time around and nothing went wrong except a part popped off a peg it was designed to pop off. There's a very slight alignment issue in the midsection of the vehicle mode with a little gap where the bot shoulders and the air brake don't quite meet, that could be a materials issue, but it could be something else. It looks like the tabs on the wings have been redesigned with a softer plastic bridge hinge, they certainly don't seem like they'll break.

No, not delicate. Maybe the finger joints, those are VERY small, that's a horrible design right there actually. And they assembled the fingers so they joint out, luckily they rotate 180.

Bot mode on the stand, alongside my very small Alternators Decepticon force. Probably with the right leg lifted 1 click so it won't be so close to the missiles docked in the base. If I can get it to stay, holding the MP Prime Megatron accessory, but so far his hands are too dainty.

Another $50 for an item I may never open? HELL NO! Maybe if I find one on clearance for half that, but even then it'll depend on how flush I am with cash, and we're not likely to actually find any on clearance anyway.

No more seekers for me, I just don't care enough about those repaint guys to drop another $50 and carve another big footprint out of my meager display.

I understand there was a guy from Santa Prisca who dressed like a Mexican wrestler (and who I think may have been addicted to steroids) who bought a Masterpiece Starscream and, as soon as he paid for it, snapped it over his knee while screaming, "I must BREAK YOU!!"

(Anyone get that? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I guess no one got it. Sad. It is one of the greatest moments in superhero history.

Thanks to Tycho, I got MP Starscream yesterday. He is a really sweet figure. I've not even transformed him yet, though, as he looks too cool just standing there, holding Megatron and sneering.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Another shout out to Tycho for hooking me up with MP SS. This figure is really cool and the first MP I've bought. Now, I want to get them all!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I guess no one got it. Sad. It is one of the greatest moments in superhero history.

Thanks to Tycho, I got MP Starscream yesterday. He is a really sweet figure. I've not even transformed him yet, though, as he looks too cool just standing there, holding Megatron and sneering.
    Oh, it's a Bane reference! I don't really see Bane as Mexican Wrestlery, he's not paunchy enough and his mouth is covered by his mask. Plus, I'll be honest, Bane breaking Batman's back never really impacted me, not like Superman v Doomsday.

You gotta admit the costume is right out of La Lucha.

Bane didn't have quite the impact of Doomsday, but he's a much cooler character overall.
    Tommy, close your eyes.