Page 284 of 578 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 5778
    Wingblade, why are you still on about him? He's not that good. Just open him and play with him, kiss your $20 goodbye, and then you'll realize why Powerglide is better in both modes and in transformation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wingblade, why are you still on about him? He's not that good. Just open him and play with him, kiss your $20 goodbye, and then you'll realize why Powerglide is better in both modes and in transformation.
    A-ha but you forget, he doesn't actually transform his Transformers

Cartoon Network did a pretty good job of burying Justice League Unlimited and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, also, both of which were stellar shows.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Why do you need to even out your 'bots and 'cons Tycho? In G1 there was like 2 Autobots for every Decepticon!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Why do you need to even out your 'bots and 'cons Tycho? In G1 there was like 2 Autobots for every Decepticon!
    Good point, Adam. Do you think that's the way it actually was in the war? I mean across the board, both on earth and on Cybertron? Or because the Decepticons had won, do you think they held any majority?

With the toys, I think that the Minibots strongly contributed to the high ranks of Autobots. Also, they were civilians brought into the war, whereas the Decepticons seemed to be Cybertron's military.

Actually when you think about that last line I just posted, then it would make sense for the Autobots to outnumber the Decepticons, but just not be as powerful.

Optimus..........Megatron
    Jazz...............Starscream
    Prowl..............Soundwave
    Ironhide...........Thundercracker
    Mirage.............Skywarp
    Ratchet...........Reflector
    Hound..............Ravage
    Wheeljack.........Rumble
    BumbleBee........Laserbeak
    Sunstreaker......Ramjet
    SideSwipe.........Thrust
    Trailbreaker......Dirge
    Arialbots..........Stunticons
    Protectobots.....Combaticons
    Dinobots..........Constructicons (6 there!)
    Smokescreen.....Shockwave
    Tracks..............Astrotrain
    Ultra Magnus.....Blitzwing
    Springer...........Octane
    Hot Rod...........Shrapnel
    Kup.................Bombshell
    Blur.................Kickback

The list can go on, but I basically used characters that saw some development in the cartoon. Brawn annoyed me, so I didn't put him on the list just yet. But I have to go right now or I'll starve while sitting here listing Transformers.

Oh, I also didn't use characters that can't exist with others simultaneously - like Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge - as they were made out of parts of the other Decepticons.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    A-ha but you forget, he doesn't actually transform his Transformers
    Yeah he does, once.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I did get up early this morning to check it out and found myself really enjoying the show (maybe it was the sleep deprivation); but it seems to be more along the lines of Teen Titans than Transformers. I don't think I saw a single Decepticon in two episodes aside from a floating Megatron head.
    The new episodes "premiere" every Saturday morning at 10am EST/PST (or 9am, I get confused because it replays on Sunday's in whichever the other timeslot is). If you watch TV on a satellite, though, they'd play at 7am and 6am respectively. I'm not sure what time the show plays during the week, but 5am doesn't sound unrealistic (as that would be 8am EST).

I actually like the show. My favorite is still Beast Wars because it was so rich with story telling. But this is actually a smart, very well-written show that has a universal appeal that I would have loved and been able to follow were I still a kid. And while it constantly references the G1 show, I think it stands well on its own and, in many ways, plays much, much better.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    The new episodes "premiere" every Saturday morning at 10am EST/PST (or 9am, I get confused because it replays on Sunday's in whichever the other timeslot is). If you watch TV on a satellite, though, they'd play at 7am and 6am respectively. I'm not sure what time the show plays during the week, but 5am doesn't sound unrealistic (as that would be 8am EST).

I actually like the show. My favorite is still Beast Wars because it was so rich with story telling. But this is actually a smart, very well-written show that has a universal appeal that I would have loved and been able to follow were I still a kid. And while it constantly references the G1 show, I think it stands well on its own and, in many ways, plays much, much better.
    It's playing at 5 AM Central time, so that's 6 AM Eastern.

I actually do like the show a lot. It's silly, but it's a cartoon, it's supposed to be. I would have really loved this show as a kid.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

I actually do like the show a lot. It's silly, but it's a cartoon, it's supposed to be. I would have really loved this show as a kid.
    You know, I think Lucas intends for Star Wars to be taken this way (live action or not). And for all the PT haters, they decided (as children) that ANH and ESB were to be taken so seriously - and ROTS brings it back towards that a bit.

But TPM especially, and Ewoks in ROTJ, etc. get a bad rep from all the "serious fan camps," and they do the same towards Michael Bay's Transformers.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Actually, I made the argument a long time ago that what's lacking from the prequels is the lightheartedness of the originals. The prequels are about trade routes and embargoes and political maneuvering, all poorly-told and ham-handed, but serious none the less. Hell, the Jedi are the most humorless d*cks in the galaxy according to the prequels and it's one of the reasons there's not much impact in ROTS when they get slaughtered (that and they're all generic nobodies).

Anyway, back to Transformers news, from the Tokyo Toy Show comes these photos:
    http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/to...008/report.htm

And check out the 3rd pic, top row... it's a Nissan GTR deluxe! http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/to...8/DSC00324.jpg
    That's my favorite modern car right now, and it makes a tough-lookin' bot!