Page 289 of 565 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 5650
    I found all three at the TRU on La Cienega. I think Sunstreaker's as close to perfect as I can imagine, but Prowl and Tankor/Octane have issues. Tankor I expected, because triple changers almost as a rule are problematic, but it takes some finesse to get everything to lock together in all three modes, though he is solid once you get it right. And his head doesn't seem to come up all the way. Not sure if it's part of the design or if I'm doing something wrong, but it makes him seem stunted somehow.

Prowl is awesome in car mode, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to transform him without the door panels popping off (which, in a way, is a nice homage to the G1 figure - HA!). His head is also on a joint that makes it appear as if he's looking down. Again, it may be limitations in my ability to transform him correctly, but I'm pretty sure I've got it right. He's still a really cool figure and I dig the faux shoulder rockets, even if they are blandly white and unpainted.

Sunstreaker is perfect. I have no complaints and wait with great anticipation for Sideswipe. I'm REALLY hoping they find a way to give Swipe a faux rocket launcher. I remember the original sketches showed the engine accessory as being able to transform into the rocket launcher, but that was clearly abandoned at some point. Although the gray pieces ARE on a hinge and I have yet to figure out why.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ugh, I don't like the sound of "okay but could have been better" there.
    JT, the problems lie with Tankor. None of the modes, IMO, are very strong with bot being the weakest. He kind of reminds me of some of the SW TF's actually as the proportions are terrible on him. His arms are too short and the problem is heightened by the plane cockpit shoulder kibble that's protruding upwards.

The other problem is that I got Animated Voyager Prime on the same day, an outstanding figure, I might add, and so that makes Tankor even more of a disappointment. Classics Astrotrain was much, much better!

I've heard alot of bad things about Animated Voyager Prime on the TF forums, so the fact that you like him, puts my mind at ease about getting him now.

I was going to get him anyway, but it's good to hear he's not as bad as they're saying he is.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I went to Target today. They had all that Transformers Animated product and I looked at most of it (though didn't see the latest with Sunstreaker that so many of you have liked).

They also had movie Voyager Starscream in the premium format paint scheme and it looked really good and even tempting, but I know he's undersized and doesn't transform accurately. So I'll still wait for a Leader Starscream from Transformers 2.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, the problems lie with Tankor. None of the modes, IMO, are very strong with bot being the weakest. He kind of reminds me of some of the SW TF's actually as the proportions are terrible on him. His arms are too short and the problem is heightened by the plane cockpit shoulder kibble that's protruding upwards.
    Thank goodness. I expected Tankorr to disappoint, I didn't even like Classics Astrotrain, he suffers from modern triplechanger problems so my hopes are low for Tankorr. I was worried there was something more substantially wrong with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I went to Target today. They had all that Transformers Animated product and I looked at most of it (though didn't see the latest with Sunstreaker that so many of you have liked).
    Because Sunstreaker isn't in the "Animated" line, he's in the "Universe" line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Because Sunstreaker isn't in the "Animated" line, he's in the "Universe" line.
    Too funny.

So I have most of the Universe, and Classics lines figures that came out before the movie, and I was wondering if the ones in the new line are going to be worth picking up. I've read the thoughts on Sunstreaker and Tankor, but in anyones opinion, is this a line worth collecting?
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kal-El View Post
    Too funny.

So I have most of the Universe, and Classics lines figures that came out before the movie, and I was wondering if the ones in the new line are going to be worth picking up. I've read the thoughts on Sunstreaker and Tankor, but in anyones opinion, is this a line worth collecting?
    Absolutely! There are some really marvelous-looking designs coming in this new Universe line, Prowl and Sunstreaker are great starts it looks like. IMO, this line is the essence of Transformers - no gimmicks, no crazy styles, just things you might see around you turning into cool robots.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've heard alot of bad things about Animated Voyager Prime on the TF forums, so the fact that you like him, puts my mind at ease about getting him now.

I was going to get him anyway, but it's good to hear he's not as bad as they're saying he is.
    Wow, now I'm curious to find out what criticisms people have for Voyager Animated Prime. The only thing I can think of is the axe but I gave him the one from deluxe Animated Prime.

Most of the complaints I've read have been about his transformation, though I have heard some gripes about the axe as well.

Most of the complaints I've read have been about his transformation, though I have heard some gripes about the axe as well.
    Well, if you were reading Tformers.com by any chance, it seems a lot of those gripes were from people who didn't realize there was a small switch and thus made it harder on themselves to transform Optimus.