Page 295 of 586 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 5851
    Yeah, I don't know about the size and everything.

I passed on some of the Voyager class movie Decepticons because I didn't like the size. Starscream for one - even though his exclusive repaint at Target is really tempting me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I had already spent a ton of money over the past few days but I lucked into all of the Transformers Animated that I've been hunting for weeks and bought all 4 of them. Of course it helps that I had already budgeted for them.

So for a mere $7 and change, I got TFA Snarl, Jazz, Soundwave plus 2 Kashykk Troopers and a Juno Eclipse for $1.66 each. I forgot that I had a $25 Target gift card lying around so I used that along with the $5 off coupon from the McDonald's TF happy meals.

I also lucked into a Grimlock at WM.

Quick thoughts on each one:

Grimlock would be close to one of the best Grimlocks except for his underbelly being completely exposed. No wonder all the shots of him in dino mode are from the side. I wonder why they didn't just copy the underbelly flaps design from the Classics version. Also the knees in dino mode extend backwards like they do on most dinosaurs which is fine except that when you transform him, it makes his arms look strange. Nonetheless, it's still a worthwhile addition to the collection. I'd give him a B+/A-. The back of the box seems to imply that you can remove part of the flames from the sword and stick it out of his mouth but as the sword is attached by screws, I don't really see how it's possible which is a shame because that would've upped my grade to A.

Animated Jazz - A solid "A". Neat looking alt mode, simple but effective transformation. The seam line problem found on a lot of recent Autobots be they Animated or Classics isn't found here. When removed the exhaust pipes become energy nunchuks which was a really, really nice touch. One more thing, Jazz actually has hands! *coughcoughmoviejazz*.

Slag/"Snarl" - Solid "A" as well. I read reviews calling him a brickformer but this was yet another well designed deluxe (wish he could've been a Voyager). Neat alt mode, no belly exposure. I always wanted Slag as a kid but inexplicably picked the real Snarl, the stegosaurus over him.

Soundwave - I didn't want to like him as I wasn't crazy about the alt mode and liked Laserbeak's alt mode even less (and this is from someone that does play guitar and should think this is the coolest thing ever). However, it too is well designed and perhaps because it's a darker color, the seam line problem is minimized enough that it's not a problem at all. They didn't bother to paint Laserbeak's eyes which is a real downer. I give the two a B+

edit: I may need to rescind Soundwave's grade and give him a lower one. The color scheme of the alt mode looks like something out of Tron. Bot mode is very clunky looking and the shoulder kibble is so great that it hampers the shoulder articulation. The face is flattened in such a way that it appears almost 2-D. The revised grade is now B-.

I didn't get anything new lately, but a guy at the Con had Masterpiece Megatron for $80 , so I finally have that bad boy to torment my Masterpiece Prime and kick my Masterpiece Starscream's butt.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I didn't get anything new lately, but a guy at the Con had Masterpiece Megatron for $80 , so I finally have that bad boy to torment my Masterpiece Prime and kick my Masterpiece Starscream's butt.
    Whoa! I would've ponied up the money had I seen it. I'm not sure which day you got it on but had you shown it to us at the Thursday luncheon, I'm sure most of us would've been drooling at MP Megs and not drooling over the Philly cheesesteak sandwiches.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

I didn't see it until Saturday. It was marked at $85, but the guy brought it down to $80 when I seemed a bit hesitant. Funny thing is, the guy running the booth said he didn't want to have to take anything back on Sunday afternoon, but he actually marked it up to $90 on Sunday, and refused to take anything less than $14 for a GIJoe Duke/Red Star 2-pack.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, you got the most amazing deal at Comic Con that I heard of, Chux.

Congrats on Megatron!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

$14 for Duke/Red Star???? Hahaha.

I'm like the lone person on SSG that never saw any of the Viper/Spirit wave at retail and the Snow Job wave only once and yet even I can find the Duke/Red Star pack quite easily.

Scored Onslaught today. I went to two Targets, and both had him. No Powerglides, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Is there a final word on MP Thundercracker and if he is being released in the U.S. as MP Starscream was? I would buy him at $50 but not $100.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

There's never "a final word" on that. You just have to watch the TF news.

But Skywarp was never released in the US yet and has been out longer on the Japanese market. You'd think that'd be telling for Thundercracker's fate.