Page 296 of 566 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5653
    Hasbro said at SDCC they currently have no plans for further MP figures.

Read a little review of Powerglide on shortpacked, it seems that my view that his legs are misproportioned may come from his legs not being fully extended in 'bot mode. Hmmm..

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Scored Onslaught today. I went to two Targets, and both had him. No Powerglides, though.
    Chux, how do you like Onslaught? And is he 24.99? I'm on the fence with him so I'd like to hear what other SSG'ers think before plunking down the cash for him.

So, I still have to write up my TF panel writeup for ActionFigs, and to be honest I'm kinda not feeling it anymore because Hasbro wouldn't pony up digital resources the way they did for Star Wars, and I don't have the visual references I was counting on to carry the article. Either I'll have it underway or done tomorrow, or tossed on its ear entirely.

Today I hit a pretty decent TFU jackpot. TRU Culver City had Dlx Galvatron, and Ultra Onslaught and Powerglide.

Galvatron is wild, one of the best tank efforts ever and easily one of the most creative transformations of all time. Bot mode looks pretty good, some stuff gets in the way of motion on the right arm, but it can be worked out. There seems to be an abandoned second alt mode, with legs and a weird hook, going for a cannon emplacement thing, no mention in instructions but it ain't so bad.

Onslaught is pretty cool, very beefy and a little chunky in bot mode. Alt mode has good detailing and looks tough, and once everything's worked out it holds in place (except for the top shield accessory, which is only thinly held in place). Transformation is edging towards simplistic but lots of panel movement keeps it interesting. The turret cannons are too small and pop off way too easily. But articulation is good, even sports wrist articulation, and he seems incredibly stable. Electronics are cute but could be better, though the reflectors for the machine gun lights are a good touch.

Powerglide is very cool. The vehicle mode is pretty decent, a little undercarriage stuff but pretty minor compared to most jets, mainly stable (the wings can rotate out of position but that's about it). The main button cycles through 3 different sounds, 1 for each press, and the cockpit and engines light up with each. The nose gun is big and kinda cool, but the missile sticking out the back is "meh" and the gun keeps the landing gear from working quite right. Transformation is amazingly clever, and right when stuff feels like it's just gone nuts halfway through, that's when the transformation sound occurs! Granted, the instructions leave this flopping so it can make the transformation sound over and over (and each depress triggers the transforming-back sound), but if you change the order of what goes where you get a very satisfying single use on the sound. Bot mode is a real beefy, buff guy, the shoulders are set far back like he has something to prove. Everything holds together nicely, I actually tossed him in the air twice and the second time accidentally dropped him about 7 feet with a miss, NOTHING was dislodged or broken. Bot mode is as tall as MP Starscream! In this mode, the button only sets off the machine gun sound. Articulation is very good (although non-articulated wrists, oddly), there's even a little tilt to the feet which the design wouldn't seem like it could do. Color could use a little more red, and some weathering, but the all-red Japanese version I think would really hurt this figure unless it goes really dark. The only element that doesn't do what you tell it is the stomach panel, this one seems like it should wedge in further but doesn't, and can walk itself out with play, but it's not that big a deal. A real nifty set all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I saw Powerglide in person in Hasbro's display and he's awesome. He IS smaller than I'd wanted him to be in jet mode, but I like him a lot and will gladly purchase him.
    In bot mode, he's as big as MP Starscream.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewilw View Post
    Really? I saw powerglide at a local target a few days ago and was actually surprised at how large it was. I thought it would be smaller. On the other hand, Onslaught was actually smaller than I thought so I guess it evens out.
    Onslaught has bulk which evens him out with Powerglide, they're both roughly the same size. Onslaught's maybe a head shorter than Powerglide, but he does sport a big ol' shield.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The back of the box seems to imply that you can remove part of the flames from the sword and stick it out of his mouth but as the sword is attached by screws, I don't really see how it's possible which is a shame because that would've upped my grade to A.
    From what I've seen, the WHOLE sword pops into his mouth to do that, it's pretty basic.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I didn't get anything new lately, but a guy at the Con had Masterpiece Megatron for $80 , so I finally have that bad boy to torment my Masterpiece Prime and kick my Masterpiece Starscream's butt.
    Glad I didn't see that, I would have been tempted. I really don't want the figure much, but seeing it for "almost reasonable" would have left me kicking myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Read a little review of Powerglide on shortpacked, it seems that my view that his legs are misproportioned may come from his legs not being fully extended in 'bot mode. Hmmm..
    I found 1 and 1 of the Ultras today. His legs do telescope which gives him better height, but there is a different proportion issue in that his thighs are pretty thin compared to the rest of him, he is a beefy bruiser in every other way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You're thoughts on Galvatron have pushed me over the fence, I think I am going to get him at this point. It will be a bit before I can get him or the ultras though, gonna take a bit to recover from last weekend. :P

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

From what I've seen, the WHOLE sword pops into his mouth to do that, it's pretty basic.
    No, that does not work because Grimlock's mouth isn't large enough to accomodate the sword's handle. It is doable but the end result just looks like Grimlock in circus trick mode eating a fiery sword and not actually breathing flames. Boo to Hasbro for printing on 2 places on the box "removable burst of flame!"

Congrats on finding Galvatron, Onslaught and Powerglide. Hopefully I'll find them soon as well.

Also found the ultras today. Haven't opened them yet, but I can't wait.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I'm a member of the "Masterpiece" Powerglide owners club now. There were also 3 Onslaughts but I passed for the time being.

Powerglide more than makes up for Tankor and I just might have to give him a rare "A+".

Daaaaamn! I can see where there's room for improvement (the milky-silver plastic parts don't quite lock down in bot mode, there could be a paint wash to add something, the wings could hold in alt mode better - although they work fine as is, they could be better) so I'm shocked to hear such a high grade even though I think very highly of this entry.

I found TFA Oil Slick at Target West LA today, bought him. I dig the bike mode, but colors are a little dodgy (not bad, just not great). I love how the saddlebags fold up to hold the barrels, but the barrels are a total WTF accessory - the chain one at least has chain cool though. Transformation has some ok stuff but is generally too simplistic, though I do like his legs folding 180 into themselves for a lot of added bot height. Bot mode has some wicked charm, but could stand a little more creativity in stuff that's not the head (the head could have used a different color for the eyes, but is otherwise quite keen). All in all, not shabby but not Prowl.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Daaaaamn! I can see where there's room for improvement (the milky-silver plastic parts don't quite lock down in bot mode, there could be a paint wash to add something, the wings could hold in alt mode better - although they work fine as is, they could be better) so I'm shocked to hear such a high grade even though I think very highly of this entry.

I found TFA Oil Slick at Target West LA today, bought him. I dig the bike mode, but colors are a little dodgy (not bad, just not great). I love how the saddlebags fold up to hold the barrels, but the barrels are a total WTF accessory - the chain one at least has chain cool though. Transformation has some ok stuff but is generally too simplistic, though I do like his legs folding 180 into themselves for a lot of added bot height. Bot mode has some wicked charm, but could stand a little more creativity in stuff that's not the head (the head could have used a different color for the eyes, but is otherwise quite keen). All in all, not shabby but not Prowl.
    Well, I did say "might" give and not "will have to give" So I'm reading that a lot of TF collectors don't really like Powerglide so what do I know anyhow? Some of them seem to like Animated Soundwave so again, what do I know?

Who the hell doesn't like this figure? TF fans annoy me sometimes, this is an awesome figure. We may not agree on how many nits to pick, but it's not in question here that I know of.