Page 311 of 586 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 5852
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    BW Dinobot, Armada Hot Shot, and Disneyized Mickey Prime all look very cool:

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cyber...icle?mid=14962

I would have liked to see some semblance of Hot Shot's shoulder weapon given another chance though.

I love how they Disneyized the Optimus Prime truck w/ trailer mode, that looks spot on. A bit shellmastery, but I'll still get it.

I said the same on my board and a couple of 'em jumped down my throat. Apparently the designer for Onslaught wanted him to be real big, though why he didn't design a better figure with more detail and complex transformation to get there is beyond me.

I saw Swoop at Culver City Target recently, but I don't care too much about the Animated Dinobots.

Because it's $140 and has a simplistic transformation and isn't out yet.

Why would anybody bother blurring out that site's url? It's still right there messing up the pic. Some sites can be so rude.

"Why don't you win the lottery too?" You find him for me and I'll have him, I've been looking, he's hard to find despite the blue face being corrected soon and rather mixed reviews on all the sites out there.

"Give" you say? I don't pay full price for opened figures, it's one of my collecting rules. But if you're displeased, maybe we could work something out.

Geez, I'm sorry I passed on Silverstreak now, you guys are praising it to high heaven! I didn't like the Prowl mold that much, colors aside, so I figured why bother... now I'm regretting that. Of course, my opportunity was through HTS who hasn't gotten me half my friggin' order still.
    I meant I'd "give you" my review, not the figure. I may not love him, but I still paid for him :-)
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I got Silverbolt (with correct accessories), Blades, and Blaster yesterday.

Silverbolt is amazing. The transformation remains simple, but the figure is a masterpiece.

Can't say the same for Blaster, and I've not opened Blades. I think I might pass on all subsequent Universe figures that are existing molds repainted to look like G1 characters. Blaster is really quite disappointing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Target has quite a few TF toys on sale this week

all deluxes for $8
    Universe Voyagers for 17.99
    Universe Ultras for 22.49

I got an Acid Storm and animated Oil Slick from them today.

New Deluxe & Voyagers:
    http://www.tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/175

Samurai Prowl looks like the same bike plus a sidecar, but I'm pretty sure it's all new, there are a lot of little visual changes. My guess is it'll be smaller than the current version.

Waspy looks great, if simplistic.

Wreck-Gar looks keen, but like a deluxe oversized to be a Voyager.

Dinobot looks great in alt mode but a little simplistic in bot mode, and Smokescreen looks decent, I think I'll get that.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Dissing a Masterpiece Grimlock, JT?

Man, every time I doubt you're a Doombot, you say something like that. I'm watching you.
    Judge the toy for its own merits, not the merits of its name. Look at MP Megatron, it's skinny and weird in robot mode, $90? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I meant I'd "give you" my review, not the figure. I may not love him, but I still paid for him :-)
    How generous! Be careful what you say in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I got Silverbolt (with correct accessories), Blades, and Blaster yesterday.

Silverbolt is amazing. The transformation remains simple, but the figure is a masterpiece.

Can't say the same for Blaster, and I've not opened Blades. I think I might pass on all subsequent Universe figures that are existing molds repainted to look like G1 characters. Blaster is really quite disappointing.
    What is good about Sbolt?

Blaster is a mold that was contentious to begin with, some folks dig it, others don't, but the general consensus when it was released is that it largely came up lacking.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I can't believe they are releasing the Leobreaker/Ligerjack mold again. It's only ok as the kitty-arm for Cybertron Prime, its kinda cruddy by itself. AND they wasted money on a new head sculpt. If this Hasbro's attempt to homage Leo Convoy it's a pretty poor effort. Again, I'm shocked that CD Scattorshot is being used again, only half a year after the last one. At least he looks a little better than Drop Shot I guess.

Smokescreen looks off to me in robot mode, but that might be the photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I can't believe they are releasing the Leobreaker/Ligerjack mold again. It's only ok as the kitty-arm for Cybertron Prime, its kinda cruddy by itself. AND they wasted money on a new head sculpt. If this Hasbro's attempt to homage Leo Convoy it's a pretty poor effort. Again, I'm shocked that CD Scattorshot is being used again, only half a year after the last one. At least he looks a little better than Drop Shot I guess.

Smokescreen looks off to me in robot mode, but that might be the photoshop.
    I think Smokey's roof/window piece is misplaced. Otherwise, he looks alright to me.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

And what a new headsculpt, friggin' Prime as Leobreaker? STUPID! I honestly don't get why they'd release this one again, it is a piece of junk. And the coloring overall doesn't work for that mold, looks like the American Cat.

Yeah, CD Scattorshot is way overused now, too bad because a little of that mold goes a long way.

I think Smokey has a new head and the black grille changes the look a lot. Oh, and his hood is out of position in bot mode, too high up out of the groove.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    What is good about Sbolt?
    Pretty much his simplicity. He's well-articulated (not the best, but quite poseable), and a striking update of the original character. The transformation doesn't suffer for this, and his plane mode is nice--again, not the best in and of itself, but better than the original (who was one of the best of the time).

I like most that I could figure him out rather easily without the useless Hasbro instruction sheet (I've pretty much given up on using them, as they're more confusing than anything else), and could just switch him back and forth at any time. A lot like the classic Transformers. Some of the smaller Classics figures have been like this, but most of the larger ones are kinda a pain to convert.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I guess I'll be getting Universe Dinobot and Smokescreen. It looks like D-bot still has belly kibble in dino mode, though at least it's not the rib cage grill that's on all the BW versions.

I'm more excited about the Animated offerings and definitely want Wreck-Gar and Waspinator - I still insist on calling him that even though it's just "Wasp" on the show. I guess Chaddy might be the only one who knows but we have not seen Waspinator in beast mode on the show, correct? And we've only seen his Cybertronian bot (maybe alt too, I forget) mode, correct?

I don't mind "simplicity" in the Animated line as that's part of the aesthetic but at least to me, it's not a great selling point in Universe. I've picked up Silverbolt on numerous occasions at the stores but have always put him back down.

I just know that (not counting Acid Storm, who was a re-release of a sculpt I already had), I've given up on the instructions and referred to the picture on the package for at least four of the last six Universe figures I've bought. It's much worse with the larger-scale figures. It is a refreshing change to have a nice plane, follow a few simple steps, and have a nice robot.
    Tommy, close your eyes.