Page 314 of 585 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 5843
    I hope that's the case, but even so, it looks to be about twice as tall standing as OP, which is not all that big, it'd be about as tall as Starscream. At $140, that'd be an outrageous price to pay.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I hope that's the case, but even so, it looks to be about twice as tall standing as OP, which is not all that big, it'd be about as tall as Starscream. At $140, that'd be an outrageous price to pay.
    I'm waiting for the Hasbro import. I anticipate seeing pictures of it at Toy Fair next year. Happy 25th, Transformers.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Same here, and hopefully they'll put a realistic pricepoint on it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    My local TRU put 2 of the Primes out on the shelves yesterday. However, I did not attempt to buy one nor will I be adding it to my collection as I have my G1 version.

I have to agree with you about not picking him up. He's really nothing to write home about. I have the comic and the DVD, and I can get a much better version of G1 Prime from Japan if I want to spend the money. Basiacally, I'd be spending 70 bucks on a talking belt buckle.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Q&A is coming up again in a few weeks, so if you guys could hit the TF Q&A thread with some questions, that'd be outasight.

TFW2005 has pictures of ROTF's Soundwave figure.

His head looks like Soundwave but with Galvatron's type of crown ringing it.

Looks like he transforms into a satellite and it doesn't look like anything in particular. Translation: he's a robot with repositionable parts (that's different from a Transformer in my book).

Anyway, the pictures are clear for unofficial bootleg shots, but don't expect "Toy Fair" quality high resolution pics. Still, it's disappointing.

Who does Soundwave go with?

In terms of prior movie figures:

Leader Class Decepticons matched up with Leader Class, Voyager, and Deluxe Autobots.

Some of the Voyager Class Decepticons were in scale to each other I suppose.

Now I don't know how big a satellite is supposed to be, but not very large I imagine - unless it's like the Hubble Telescope. But besides Astrotrain or Cosmos, what other Cybertronian would Soundwave interact with (rhetorical question)? I heard he'll also use a pickup truck mode in the movie, however this toy does not look like it could transform into a truck at all.

It's really dumb that they refuse to go in a G1 direction with Soundwave. I know Frenzy could transform into a boombox, but, they've really just strayed away from what Soundwave was for the most part.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

A friend just alerted me to this important bit of history:
    Optimus Prime was named by Batman guru Denny O'Neil!

Wow. I knew about Budiansky's involvement, but had no idea O'Neil had anything to do with it.

He penned the legendary "Green Lantern/Green Arrow: Hard-Travelling Heroes," he wrote and edited some of the best Batman stories ever created, AND he named Optimus Prime. Amazing. The guy might be the most underappreciated scribe in the business.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I found Ironhide at TRU, bought him. Figgy was right, I didn't really get that until I experienced the figure for myself. It's good ideas, poor execution. Mine is bluefaced and has a paint error too, the lower part of a side window is unpainted. Alt mode is very cracky everywhere. It's also too narrow especially on the lower half, and the back end doesn't look like something you'd see on a vehicle like this. The underside is largely empty which causes the whole thing to be a little fragile, easy to cave in. Transformation is very clever, but ends up with some big problems by not thinking through a few things. Bot mode has a lot of backpack, a sunken in neck, hollow lower legs and skinny upper legs, screw holes, and stability issues in the upper body. The articulation is decent tho. The weapon is largely a brick, but the gun at least looks cool. I'd grade it a "C" probably.

Ha, I knew about Denny O'Neil's involvement, but I hadn't remembered that cover, it's really badass! Prime's much darker looking and he's crushing enemies in his bare hands! Too bad he's not crushing the geezer and child on the left, man, what the hell were they thinking putting the Witwicky boys on the cover?

This picture includes MP Grimlock next to G1 Grimlock, which is the best picture scale wise so far. It's a little small, but big enough to compare the two.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/...83722736_o.jpg