Page 316 of 595 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 5942
    If you're going to be part of Q&A, the cutoff date is Sunday night (aka, tomorrow/today depending on your POV). We don't have many questions, so almost anything asked will get used.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Oh man, sucks that you had to pay TRU's 10.99 price to find all of that out. Even paying $7.77 myself, I was still disappointed. A "C" seems rather generous in my opinion.
    Wow, you are close to failing it, there's nothing about it you like? Dang, that's extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    TFW2005 posted some comparison pictures of MP Grimlock next to MP Prime.

Unfortunately, in robot mode, Grimlock is a head shorter than Prime. WTF?!

This is one of those moments when the ball was dropped.

Dinosaur mode does suggest that Grimlock is bigger in this form, but I'm nevertheless disappointed.

Did any of you have the Shogun Warriors action figures when you were kids? They were huge - like 26" figures or something: Mazinga shot 5 missiles from his hand and had a lazer sword. However, Godzilla was one of the Shogun Warriors. A lever on his neck made him flick out a tongue with fire painted on it, and his right paw would shoot off like a missile for "extra Godzilla punch-power." Other than that, Godzilla was big, green and poseable.

I had hopes that Grimlock could be about this big himself. It's a Masterpiece, so "so what" if we have to pay $200 for it to be the right size. Medicom sells Star Wars 11" figures for almost that much ($150). And a Transformer that actually does something isn't worth more? c'mon!
    Yeah, I think TakaraTomy has lost sight of what Masterpiece means. Starscream is pretty small, Megatron is pretty skinny, and Grimlock is pretty expensive.
    I'm not sure I would want a Shogun Warriors-sized one, they were 2 feet tall and had only 2 points of articulation usually (shoulder left and shoulder right), they were hollow vinyl and had limited play potential. But Grimlock should be bigger than Op, that's just KNOWN.

I cannot believe how repaint-crazy some of you guys are going.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My local newspaper's business section featured a big picture of movie-Optimus Prime on the front page of Saturday's paper and recommended him (and Transformers) as holiday presents for kids - naming them "staples of the toy industry" and "you can't go wrong with Transformers."

It seemed to suggest that if we buy more Transformers, we'll start to reverse the downward spiral of the economy. I would normally like that suggestion. I'm not sure what Transformers I'd want to buy right now.

I really need to see the return of Alternators and check out more ROTF movie figures (beyond Soundwave - who I'd like a size comparison picture for - from the actual movie - so I'll know if I want that deluxe figure of him or not).

Surprisingly those 25th Optimus sets are all gone at my local Target. Moreover, most of those TF exclusives are sold out except for the Legends multipacks. People are even buying those Movie 2 packs - why??? Haven't they been in stores long enough?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Wow, you are close to failing it, there's nothing about it you like? Dang, that's extreme.

Well, I would probably give a C- and not a Fail. Much of that is probably me displacing my disenchantment with the Universe deluxes onto this one figure. The line seems to have more misses than hits and there's little to argue against it being just a stopgap line for Hasbro.

Tycho would appreciate this especially since I'm rehashing his whole thing last year about women and TF's - so I have this G1 TF shirt from Target that has Optimus, Jazz, Bumblebee and Hot Rod on it and on 2 separate occasions, I've had people, females at that, comment/compliment on it. Both of them couldn't have been older than their mid 20's.

Can I borrow your shirt, dude?

Can I borrow your shirt, dude?
    Haha, those shirts are warming the shelves at Target for some reason.

HTS has some great $10 deals of the day on TF's!

TFU Silverbolt, Animated Voyager Bulkhead, Lugnut, Grimlock, Animated Optimus/Megs 2 pack. You can also use TF2009 to save an additional 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Surprisingly those 25th Optimus sets are all gone at my local Target. Moreover, most of those TF exclusives are sold out except for the Legends multipacks. People are even buying those Movie 2 packs - why??? Haven't they been in stores long enough?
    It's the holiday season, people are going mad house.

Well, I would probably give a C- and not a Fail. Much of that is probably me displacing my disenchantment with the Universe deluxes onto this one figure. The line seems to have more misses than hits and there's little to argue against it being just a stopgap line for Hasbro.
    Close to a "D" which is essentially a fail. I do see your point though, this figure seems like it represents a lot of the lesser aspects of the line without being ridiculous farce a la Decepticon Triple-changers.

Tycho would appreciate this especially since I'm rehashing his whole thing last year about women and TF's - so I have this G1 TF shirt from Target that has Optimus, Jazz, Bumblebee and Hot Rod on it and on 2 separate occasions, I've had people, females at that, comment/compliment on it. Both of them couldn't have been older than their mid 20's.
    Right on. Who knew that TFs were chick bait?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

More pics are up of Universe Dinobot on TFormers.com. The chest kibble looks strange in that there's a pair of claws surrounding it but at least it's minimized compared to BW Dinobots. It'll be a definite purchase on my part.

Pics are also up for a G1 repaint of Animated Shockwave as well as Sunstorm. Now I wish I hadn't bought the first animated one! Of Shockwave that is, Sunstorm is new obviously.

OK, I read up on Ironhide (TF Universe). Sucks. He looks good in the package - like the way the G1 Ironhide was always supposed to look. Yeah he's got a lot of "transformation cracks" in him, but the thing is, that indicated a cool transformation to me. No? Huh? Too bad.

OK, I read up on Ironhide (TF Universe). Sucks. He looks good in the package - like the way the G1 Ironhide was always supposed to look. Yeah he's got a lot of "transformation cracks" in him, but the thing is, that indicated a cool transformation to me. No? Huh? Too bad.
    He's not as bad in robot mode, but still not great. Just think though, we're going to be getting the mold at least one more time for Ratchet.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]