Page 326 of 582 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 5815
    Hm, if there were more coming out, they should have been at Toy Fair..

Devastator looks like crap to me as well.

Figgy B, what do you like about Inferno? I passed him up, he looked too plain for $20 in package.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Devastator looks like crap to me as well.

Figgy B, what do you like about Inferno? I passed him up, he looked too plain for $20 in package.
    JT, Inferno actually has a lot of nicely sculpted details. However, they didn't really bother to paint and accentuate the details and so that's why he looks "plain" (still many, many times better than Universe Hound, if you ask me).

There's a neat little automorph style gimmick that pops the head out - pull the left siren light towards you and the head pops out. Scale wise, I think he works pretty well with Universe deluxes. Leg/knee articulation is actually pretty good and you can even flip the bumper forwards to accomodate more poses. The shoulder kibble from the front side panels of the fire engine, while on first glance seem extremely limiting, are actually hinged in such a way that you can rotate them to the sides of the arms to help out in the arm posing department.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna stay passing on this figure, while it sounds nice, it doesn't really sound like something I'm looking for in a $20 TF. If it had been $10, easy purchase choice, but alas...

We have another TF Q&A deadline on Sunday night, so everybody go submit your questions in the other thread.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got shipping notice from HTS for Animated Wreck Gar.

I just noticed what's off about Inferno - NO LADDER.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosskman View Post
    I just noticed what's off about Inferno - NO LADDER.
    This doesn't change the fact that Haskara made a gross oversight by not including a ladder, but it sugar coats the pill a bit: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...10&mode=retail
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I've been playing with my movie Ironhide figure.

I wish they'd painted his eyes better. I don't have the premium format one.

But I like Ironhide's character. Always did.

IIRC, Ironhide's eyes are unpainted on the first version, they're relying on light-piping to show the detail, then use an incredibly dark color of plastic. Smooth.

I found TF:A Samurai Prowl and bought him. I was surprised to find he's more recycled parts than new, but it's the new upper legs, head, and faring that make all the difference. His sidecar pops onto his back and folds around to become the samurai armor, it doesn't legoform, pretty neat. The head and shoulders are limited in movement by the armor, but it's still a cool set. The blade stars are gone though, perhaps with some work you could recycle the ones from the first figure.

You can recycle the blade stars with no work at all. The Samurai Prowl blades are removeable, but they don't open up. It's the same port size, however, and the blade stars fit in quite nicely.

Samurai Prowl is a very interesting figure in that there's enough "new" here that I feel like he was worth buying even though I own the original Prowl, but there's enough that's the same that if I didn't have the original Prowl, I could buy this one and not need the other. And I don't really feel like I was gyped by the original Prowl, since there's a certain attention to detail and quality that's understated in this one (plus, I'm not loving the swivel thigh on the ball joint - it SEEMS like it would be awesome for articulation, but it's actually making him more difficult to stand and complicates the transformation considerably.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!