Page 343 of 595 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 5945
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This Starscream is a DIFFERENT and BETTER mold than the Voyager from the last movie. I bought it, too. Good choice.
    That is what I had heard...plus I watched an online review of it on youtube and really liked what I saw.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

So, it looks like Premium is dead. Tycho has been going on about not getting figures in case they do premium versions, now they're pointing to their Human Alliance figures as an alternative:

Can we expect to see a "Premium" figure series in the upcoming movie line similar to the line from the 2007 film?
    At the moment, there are no plans to offer a premium series line. Rather than offering more new decos of existing molds, you can expect to see more new molds in the realistic movie styling than you did in Spring of 2008 following the first film.
    http://tformers.com/transformers-has...1707/news.html

I want a Leader Class Blackout and / or LC Bonecrusher from the first movie.
    They said no to Blackout. Bonecrusher isn't in the new film, seems even less likely they'll bother. Not like there's a ton of $45 figures in these lines. And none are secondary characters. So they know fans want 'em, but not enough broad demand to make it happen.

This Starscream is a DIFFERENT and BETTER mold than the Voyager from the last movie. I bought it, too. Good choice.
    If you don't mind the tattoos or the bigger hands and guns sticking out the back of the jet mode, or the gimmicks mentioned on the cardback that were cut.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw some yesterday. One was Demolisher. What mentally handicapped third grader with two fingers and a broken crayon is designing these things? This isn't a Transformer. This thing doesn't even qualify as a damn Go-Bot!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just opened my Sideways figure, and I must say that out of all the deluxe TF's I have purchased, he is definately my favorite. He has a few issues (some loose joints, etc) but overall he is a very cool figure. I would definately recommend him to anyone who is looking to pick one up.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    \

They said no to Blackout.
    Did they say WHY?!!! Blackout was very visible in the first movie in two key scenes (the attack in Qatar and when Capt. Lennox took him out in Mission City). Also "Grindor" looks like the exact same thing - same kind of large helicopter. So who cares which one they make? I can pretend it's Blackout.

Bonecrusher isn't in the new film, seems even less likely they'll bother.
    That doesn't mean a new Transformer wouldn't sell. It's a cool new toy regardless of when it appeared in a movie. I mean they sell a repaint of Jazz and call him Smokescreen. When was Smokescreen in a movie? (granted he was an established G1 character - but to especially NEW fans, Bonecrusher is an established movie character).

Not like there's a ton of $45 figures in these lines. And none are secondary characters. So they know fans want 'em, but not enough broad demand to make it happen.
    Leader Class Brawl anyone?

If you don't mind the tattoos or the bigger hands and guns sticking out the back of the jet mode, or the gimmicks mentioned on the cardback that were cut.
    Tattoos are less offensive than the major robot kibble with the first Starscream.

J&H, it's good to hear about SideWays.

I just opened Sideswipe, and he is way cool.

The only complaint I have is the chest panel keeps coming "unlocked" from the torso piece. I have him standing upright so its not a big deal really.

This is the only figure from ROTF that the mech alive things actually makes sense on...when you move his legs his battle armor (the blue pieces inside his legs) move.

Very cool figure and he looks cool fighting Sideways.

Did they say WHY?!!! Blackout was very visible in the first movie in two key scenes (the attack in Qatar and when Capt. Lennox took him out in Mission City). Also "Grindor" looks like the exact same thing - same kind of large helicopter. So who cares which one they make? I can pretend it's Blackout.
    They don't really need to, its pretty obvious. There's much less demand for the larger and more expensive figures, so they will typically be characters that are important ( Optimus Prime, Megatron) or characters that interact with important ones (Jetfire, Starscream). Blackout and Bonecrusher were just underlings, they won't get made in the leader scale. Each line only has about 4 to 5 leader figures any way, and one or two of those are almost always repaints. So really, the fact that the line just started and we already know theres going to be four new leader molds is pretty great.

And Grindor looks the same because he is the same mold. Not going to happen as a leader.

Well, he is a helicopter and THAT is different.

The one thing you didn't address, Adam, was that they made LC Brawl. And he is a tank, and that is different.

But to your other point, yes I too am very glad they are doing 4 LC figures Prime, Megatron, Jetfire, and Starscream.

However, last time, they did do 3: Prime, Megatron, and BRAWL.

I would think Blackout / Grindor would be most impressive because a helicopter is so different.

You have: a semi-truck, a Cybertronian jet, a tank, an F-22 Raptor, and an SR-71, when all is said and done. While cars would be too small (or a classic rock 'n roll band ) a helicopter is another great concept for a LC figure - and I think it would sell at the $45 pricepoint.

Another character (not yet in the movies) for the LC could be Astrotrain. A triple-changer leader-class would be incredible.

On Ransack, this morning I figured out a much nicer attack mode, it's a Gerwalk mode and it looks great. Just do the attack mode wings and chest, fold the head in, fold the waist back, and bend the knees forward, it's swank.

Oh, and for regular bot mode, Ransack is packaged with the landing gear "wheels" folded up, they're on hinges, but the instructions don't mention this anywhere, they get in the way of the arms that way, and they allow the propeller to spin which looks bad and will lead to breakage. However, if you follow the instructions and leave them down, maybe fold them out a quarter inch for leg movement, they don't get in the way of the arms and they block the prop from spinning.

I'm reading DvD's reviews on the wave 1 scouts
    http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/RotF/Scout1

For Depthcharge, he mentions extra tabs to swing down the radar tower part way. In fact, the actual joint for those parts has another tab for the same thing. He feels it's not for attack mode, but I would disagree with that. While there could be a stable, flat foot made from this alternate position, the legs would have to stick WAY far forward to use it, to the point of instant instability. However, it also creates a flat surface for the boat hull and closes off the back, which is what the pontoon-like Attack Mode could use. So, an interesting find.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I saw some yesterday. One was Demolisher. What mentally handicapped third grader with two fingers and a broken crayon is designing these things? This isn't a Transformer. This thing doesn't even qualify as a damn Go-Bot!
    Yeah, that toy reeks of lazy design, I played with it at the show, it's small, light, low on parts, and boring as hell. And that's all before the ridiculous wheel design.

They did not say way, but they did not really NEED to say why either. They made the toy they did, it wasn't a particularly good seller the first time around. Adam's post covers it.

Grindor is a straight repaint of Blackout. Judging on what I've heard, there won't be much of him in the film. Just not important or exciting enough to warrant a pricey toy.

That doesn't mean a new Transformer wouldn't sell. It's a cool new toy regardless of when it appeared in a movie. I mean they sell a repaint of Jazz and call him Smokescreen. When was Smokescreen in a movie? (granted he was an established G1 character - but to especially NEW fans, Bonecrusher is an established movie character).
    It's different when it's a $12 toy than a $45 toy.

Leader Class Brawl anyone?
    Sure, but Brawl has more battle scenes with the Autobots, and is the last big bad buy for the Autobots to defeat, Bumblebee nearly loses his life on that battle. And the tank scaled well to the deluxe cars, makes for a better ground battle than Bumbelbee vs Tiny Tank Man.

Plus, Leader Brawl fills the hole in expectations from crappy leader Megatron. Here, you get a mean-looking big tank into robot toy for $40, rather than a POS pointy thing that doesn't turn into anything but a rearrangement of parts.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I just opened Sideswipe, and he is way cool.

The only complaint I have is the chest panel keeps coming "unlocked" from the torso piece. I have him standing upright so its not a big deal really.
    I have heard others say that. On mine, the torso actually has a "false lock" feel to it where it's not fully seated and pegged in, so if I push the torso back in after completing bot mode, it stays well. Dunno if yours is like mine tho'.

Another character (not yet in the movies) for the LC could be Astrotrain. A triple-changer leader-class would be incredible.
    Oh man, I'd hate to see how badly they'd screw up that design. Astrotrain is one of the few G1 figures I own.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There's an ROTF sale this week at TRU.

Deluxes are 7.99. Not sure about other classes as I don't have the circular with me right now.

Edit - voyagers are 17.99.