Page 373 of 565 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 5650
    That was the main purpose of the cartoon series as well. The difference is the series didn't massacre everybody you loved to replace them with a bunch of goofy-looking nobodies in a single episode.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That was the main purpose of the cartoon series as well. The difference is the series didn't massacre everybody you loved to replace them with a bunch of goofy-looking nobodies in a single episode.
    I actually would never complain about the media being designed to sell me toys. Mostly because it worked.

I hated the second movie because it wasn't entertaining. I got bored. The most memorable thing about the second movie was the fact that Skids and Mudflap were insulting racist stereotypes that (and this is the cardinal sin) weren't funny. There's a lot that's memorable about the original Animated movie. Petrorabbits; bah weep grahnna weep ninny bong; Prime's death scene; "One shall stand, one shall fall"; "the insecticons are in our way," "wrong, they're our way in"; a giant transforming moon - I could go on, but you can't argue they didn't pull out all the stops.

TF2? eh.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Check this out, one of the guys on my TF forums came up with not 1 but 2 very cool fanmode semi-gestalts, the ROTF Constructicons (and a couple friends) turning into Devastator:

http://www.tfviews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=424

How can Hasbro tell us they can't do something like that in real life??? The second one with Dirt Boss as the head is really nifty. Collectors would have gone nuts for something like that (with better arms, obviously, though he almost gets away with it). And what would it have taken to add a few pegs and connectors to the figs to let them do this? Not very much! Plus, he even did a little Build Hurricane thing with the chest on the second one.

Seems to me Hasbro got lazy on this and really kept fans from what could have been awesome, movie-accurate or not. And it's not like their cheesy $100 boxed version is any more movie-accurate anyway, except for the head which is a total BFD eye-roll anyway.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

For anybody who hasn't seen these yet, this guy has made a bunch of quick stop-motion videos of TFs changing and moving and transforming back. They're simple but surprisingly effective:

http://www.youtube.com/user/quizzley7

I picked up HA Skids today. It was on sale a K-Mart of all places for 29.74.

I like the fact that the seat comes with a hinge so it can fold down.
    Anyone know if they will rerelease Bumblebee with the same option?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I picked up HA Skids today. It was on sale a K-Mart of all places for 29.74.

I like the fact that the seat comes with a hinge so it can fold down.
    Anyone know if they will rerelease Bumblebee with the same option?
    I wouldn't hold my breath... Maybe for TF3.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Since ROTF deluxes were on sale at Target, I decided to pick up Gears figuring I could shoehorn him with the Universe TF's I own.

Gears looks cool. Is he?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Gears is a repaint of movie 1 Stockade, a figure I don't like but a lot of folks do. It's the simplistic robot mode and transformation that bugs me, as well as the blatant laziness of the windows. Still, I suspect you'd like him, Tycho, he's got big bruiser arms and a punching gimmick.

TRU extended their doorbusters all day, so I picked up TF Animated Megatron for $20 (as well as an AT-TE for $50 - yes, it's finally happened). Megs is pretty cool but PAINFULLY simplistic in transformation. But there are clever bits and the vehicle mode is decent. I think I would have been underwhelmed at $40, but am happy at $20.