Page 383 of 580 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 5799
    Stopped by Walmart earlier tonight and there was 1 Human Alliance Barricade sitting on the shelf. I had to do a double take because I totally did not expect to see him there. Needless to say, he came home with me.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

JetsAndHeels: how are you liking HA Barricade and Frenzy? I still haven't opened mine, but I'm going to here pretty soon. It looks like a great set.

Meanwhile I love my little Legends figures! Figrin helped me acquire Jetfire, and now I have 5:

Optimus Prime and Jetfire vs. The Fallen, Megatron, and Starscream.

They're sitting here on top of my computer in their vehicle modes.

I intend to get the Devastator set of 6 Constructicons that JediTricks showed me when that's released. Then I think I'm good for Legends figures.

But they are so cool! It's like having GoBots all over again - with cooler characters!

I haven't tried to merge Optimus Prime and Jetfire yet. But I will sometime later. These are nice, fun little figures.

Now I'd love to find an all-black Ironhide pickup truck. And did they make Ratchet?

In keeping with scale, I'd only like to get the bigger Autobots.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I love HA Barricade. In my opinion it is the best of the HA line, along with Bumblebee. Open it and begin enjoying.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Boxed & loose pics of voyager-class Seaspray! http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ackage-169099/

This one looks pretty cool, looks like they put a lot of thought into this figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Boxed & loose pics of voyager-class Seaspray! http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ackage-169099/

This one looks pretty cool, looks like they put a lot of thought into this figure.
    This may ultimately prove to be unpopular, but I hate SeaS.P.Ray. Powerglide, while I wanted so badly to support him, ultimately came out as weak sauce. I didn't even buy the red version on clearance because I hated the mold so much after I bought it. And i don't want to make the blanket statement that the smaller bots should stay smaller - that's unfair, even if I am partial to that position. But SeaS.P.Ray looks like a movie toy inspired by G1. Which is fine if you love the movie toys, but I am largely "eh" about them. I would rather have a legends class Seaspray, modeled after the G1 version, with better articulation, than this voyager size figure.

To summarize, I find the figure acceptable as a feat of engineering; I find it passable from an aesthetic point of vie; I'm disappointed by the homage; I disagree with the movie/hybrid direction the line is taking (with the exception of Bludgeon and Lockdown who, for whatever reason, shimmer like glitter on pasties to me).
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I actually liked Powerglide a lot. I bought him (the realistic color version of the A-10) and display him fighting my Masterpiece Seekers.

Always dug Powerglide's character - showboating hotshot he was.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JetsAndHeels: how are you liking HA Barricade and Frenzy? I still haven't opened mine, but I'm going to here pretty soon. It looks like a great set.

Meanwhile I love my little Legends figures! Figrin helped me acquire Jetfire, and now I have 5:

Optimus Prime and Jetfire vs. The Fallen, Megatron, and Starscream.

They're sitting here on top of my computer in their vehicle modes.

I intend to get the Devastator set of 6 Constructicons that JediTricks showed me when that's released. Then I think I'm good for Legends figures.

But they are so cool! It's like having GoBots all over again - with cooler characters!

I haven't tried to merge Optimus Prime and Jetfire yet. But I will sometime later. These are nice, fun little figures.

Now I'd love to find an all-black Ironhide pickup truck. And did they make Ratchet?

In keeping with scale, I'd only like to get the bigger Autobots.
    Glad to hear that Jetfire arrived.

I look forward to getting Seaspray!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    This may ultimately prove to be unpopular, but I hate SeaS.P.Ray. Powerglide, while I wanted so badly to support him, ultimately came out as weak sauce. I didn't even buy the red version on clearance because I hated the mold so much after I bought it. And i don't want to make the blanket statement that the smaller bots should stay smaller - that's unfair, even if I am partial to that position. But SeaS.P.Ray looks like a movie toy inspired by G1. Which is fine if you love the movie toys, but I am largely "eh" about them. I would rather have a legends class Seaspray, modeled after the G1 version, with better articulation, than this voyager size figure.

To summarize, I find the figure acceptable as a feat of engineering; I find it passable from an aesthetic point of vie; I'm disappointed by the homage; I disagree with the movie/hybrid direction the line is taking (with the exception of Bludgeon and Lockdown who, for whatever reason, shimmer like glitter on pasties to me).
    Wow. I think it's a cool-looking figure and I don't see any movie aesthetic about it to boot. I am a sucker for sea vehicle characters though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like observing scale.

A Voyager SeaSpray might work with Legends BumbleBee, Sideswipe, Mudflap, Skids etc. Might.

I think it would be really cool if they made some kind of huge, ultimate Transformer like a submarine that would be large enough to fit a Leader Class like Optimus Prime or Megatron inside of it (in their vehicle mode).

We're talking sea vehicles here because JT brought it up.

Now as long as I'm fantasizing - how about an aircraft carrier scaled to various Starscreams:

They could do it for Legends Class Starscream, and make the carrier the size of an Ultimate figure (like that talking BumbleBee from the first movie). The carrier would still be larger, but making it far UNDER-SCALE, it could be done as an Ultimate.

A destroyer is possible as well - like a huge version of Depth Charge. Maybe a Legends Class helicopter could land on it? Did they make Legends Blackout or Grindor?

The issue with that is this: if the Naval vessel was a Decepticon, why wouldn't it try and use its power to take over by wiping out Megatron?

If the vessel was an Autobot, who'd use it? Jetfire is dead and if they bring in Powerglide - that's only one. We've already seen the Autobots prefer C-130's and air transport like that.

I don't think they should go large except for combiners. There, Devastator couldn't stay formed for long as his components like Scrapper, would get sick of acting in a collective - they're Decepticons and not prone to that. I would think an Autobot combiner like Superion or Defensor could hold it together longer simply because the D's are all too self-serving.

That being said, Decepticon combiners I wouldn't mind seeing are Bruticus and Menacor. I don't think Devastator is out of it at all. I think the rail gun blew him apart into his component team, but I don't think it killed any Constructicons.

The movie suggested Starscream ordered a retreat when Megatron was wounded and they saw Prime take down The Fallen.

Having lost the military battle, in the next movie I want to see the D's hire the ACLU to sue Prime in civil court.

One thing the movies have done well for me, is define the factions better. The D's think they are the legitimate government, as The Fallen is a Prime (turned dark side).

They see Optimus as a rebel upstart, as The Fallen, once part of the High Council, took over the legitimate government and made wiping out all other Primes part of his policy and everyone went along with it as they were too scared to do anything until Optimus showed up on the scene to lead them.

If this sounds like I'm a D - I'm not. I'm totally a fan of the Autobots. I just understand how the D's see things.

I think that's cool as it puts even more story behind the fight.

The packaging there says it works with Scout-class, which are basics. If you used Legends with it, it'd be the size of a ferry - which does exist, but has a different design slightly. This is a smaller scale, something like a military hovercraft meant to drop a single vehicle on a beach.