Page 393 of 584 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 5839
    Cracked open Arcee, and I really like the design of her, and of the other Animated figures I've seen. I realize it involves sacrificing some realism, but they have a nice balance of posability and relative ease of transformation.

I had to pull out Hot Rodimus so that Chux Jr could see "her boyfriend."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chux, it amazes me how, with no effort, you nabbed two of the most sought after Transformers toys currently in release. You, sir, are bad ***. Can I have some of your karma?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I'm not sure about the comics which I don't follow, but in the 1986 movie, Arcee's "boyfriend" is Springer.

Arcee didn't seem to respect Hot Rod that much. "You probably didn't understand the situation!"

I bought Mudflap and Skids combiner set that transforms into an Ice Cream Truck so all of you can "suck my popcycle."

I haven't opened them (of course) so I wonder if that moniker is on the reverse side of the toy? It was on the passenger side of the vehicle in the movie because Michael Bay is awesome!

BTW: I'd like one more Scout Class Motorcycle for my scene I'm making of the Shanghai Sideways chase.

I have Reverb (red Decepticon) and the green Autobot bike (name eludes me). I'd like a blue one on that scale, though I'll consider the bike that comes with HA Mudflap and Simmons when they release that. They don't look like they'll match in scale. In any event, the goal is to make the Arcee Triplets in 3 different colors. In the movie, I think they were pink, blue, and green (or purple?) I'm going to go for red, blue (or purple), and green if I can get them. Scout Class bikes seem to work in scale with Deluxe sized cars. I elected not to buy the Ice-Cream Truck 2-pack with white Demolisher at TRU, as then I'd want another (Voyager Class?) Optimus Prime for the whole Shanghai sequence and the spending would just go on and on.

I love Optimus Prime, but I have many Optimus figures now and I'm sure if I just wait, TF3 will come out with a new Leader Class that I'd want to buy instead.

- Can't wait for LC Starscream!!!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I always interpreted it as a sort of brother-sister relationship between Springer and Arcee. There was a lot more tension between her and Hot Rod--maybe not quite a relationship, but more sexual tension than you normally get between robots.

IDW had an interesting take on her. All Transformers were male until the "undead" Jhiaxxus decided to experiment on a captured Autobot named Arcee, making him a her... and making her homicidal and obsessed with killing Jhiaxxus.

Chaddy, neither Arcee nor Bludgeon are especially tough to find out here in the IE. I don't know if it's lower demand, or fewer scalpers. I actually found the Wheelie Legends wave once, but stupidly didn't get them. I've decided never to pass on a Transformer I want, as I still haven't found those again at a reasonable price, even on the aftermarket. I don't have much to spare this month (we paid for our airline tickets for vacation), but might be able to get some extras come April for anyone who's still needing them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    For me, it was the late 80s through the mid 1990s. For the first part of that phase, I made exceptions for GIJoes and Transformers, picking up a few choice figures (Bludgeon, Thunderwing, trench knives Snake Eyes). I kept up with all the filecards and could rattle off what was available at any time, though. The "too cool for toys" strangely did not affect McFarlane toys for a while, since they were "collectibles," and I had to snatch up a Phantasm because Mask of the Phantasm was so awesome. After SW re-debuted in 1995, I actually held off for a few months, then slowly started up, picking up some choice Batman figures as well (any Bane or Azrael I could get my hands on, among others). I didn't even realize Beast Wars was a sort-of continuation of G1 until it had been out a while.

Funny thing, though, I bought a lot of Transformers from a guy who was a hardcore TF collector in 1999, including G1 Megatron and Galvatron, whom I'd never had, and got Beast Wars Prime (the gorilla). That's still quite an impressive figure, even though there's nothing to display with it. When the prices dropped, I also got TransMetals Megatron and the dragon Megatron (Beast Machines?), because they were just too cool to pass on.
    I remember buying the 1st wave of Spawn figures, when they were simple action figures in design rather than barely-articulated statues. There were even vehicles in the line. Spawn's cape was held on via a tab into the middle of his back, and the cape closed via hinging molded into the cape which immediately created stressing coloration. IIRC, that was among the first lines to get me back into toy collecting, that and the TNG line and the Batman:TAS line (I missed out on the Phantasm figure and movie at the time). GI Joe had driven me away with the early '90s line after line of utter failure, bright colors, scale changes (EXTREME!!!), and nerf vehicles. I remember getting back into Joe with the TRU re-releases and the 12" figures and accessory sets.

I also stayed away from Transformers when it got all gimmicky and then during Generation 2, and got into Beast Wars about half a year after it came into being. I remember trolling KB and seeing the Machine Wars line and being interested, but not parting with cash. I must have though, as I own MW Starscream.

Dragon Megatron is Transmetals 2.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Cracked open Arcee, and I really like the design of her, and of the other Animated figures I've seen. I realize it involves sacrificing some realism, but they have a nice balance of posability and relative ease of transformation.

I had to pull out Hot Rodimus so that Chux Jr could see "her boyfriend."
    Awesome! They're releasing Rodimus Minor in the Animated line at some point this year, the figure looked pretty boss. Oddly, I don't think there's a Hot Rod figure or homage I don't like, I even have the G1 figure (it's a statue). The RID homage was pretty good, the Classics figure is great, even the Energon figure has charm. Titanium Series 6" was a bit meh, but not terrible.
    Animated Rodimus Minor:
    http://photos.actionfigs.com/animate...ted-class.html
    http://photos.actionfigs.com/animate...ted-class.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Chux, it amazes me how, with no effort, you nabbed two of the most sought after Transformers toys currently in release. You, sir, are bad ***. Can I have some of your karma?
    It's just that he lives in the boonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm not sure about the comics which I don't follow, but in the 1986 movie, Arcee's "boyfriend" is Springer.
    According to this entry on the tf wiki:
    Arcee has the most romantic attachments of any Transformers character: Hot Rod in the movie, Marvel Comics and Dreamwave continuities, Springer after the movie, Chromedome in The Headmasters, and Bumblebee in Devil's Due continuity. Then there is the weird affection shown toward Daniel in "The Rebirth, Part 3", but most fans won't read too much into it, for their own sanity. And now there's the suggestive nature of her relationship with a younger, sexier Ratchet in the Transformers Animated continuity.
    Arcee didn't seem to respect Hot Rod that much. "You probably didn't understand the situation!"
    Hot Rod has given nobody a reason to respect him much.

I bought Mudflap and Skids combiner set that transforms into an Ice Cream Truck so all of you can "suck my popcycle."
    You are a college graduate who can't spell "popsicle", or use the built-in spellchecker that now is in every browser.

I'd like a blue one on that scale, though I'll consider the bike that comes with HA Mudflap and Simmons when they release that.
    It's been sighted several times, photo evidence of it at a Target in Washington.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Exactly! I made 11 trips to 3 different TRU's before finally finding TFA Arcee while Chux just goes out on a whim and finds her. That means it's 11 times tougher for LA collectors!

There are over 10 million people in the greater Los Angeles area, that's more than anywhere else. But the stores don't ship product to us in significantly greater number. Hell, look at the layout of Wal-marts from the center of LA out, there's virtually none until you're nearly out of the county. It's tougher for us because the retailers refuse to recognize the greater need here based on the larger population.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Whereas, within about thirty minutes' drive from my house, I could be at twelve Targets, and the closest one is about fifteen minutes away. Wal-Marts, I don't even know all of them, but there's at least fourteen (one being two miles from my house).

Seriously, that does not make sense.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Los Angeles I believe has stricter rules about big box stores, Target seems to be doing alright here but WM hasn't gotten a foothold.

BTW, I've started a new round of voting for Transformers Q&A: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=42219

Have we all seen the preview image for Bumblebee from the upcoming Transformers Prime series?

Animated versions of the Bayformers? I think this may be a line I'll pass on.