Page 400 of 580 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 5799
    I've only seen HA Barricade once, and it was at a Walmart 3 hours away. I couldn't afford it that day, and haven't seen it since. hopefully the BOGO cleans out the inventory so I can finally purchase one.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I finally decided to buy HA Bumblebee today and they forgot to pack instructions with him.

Fortunately, transformation wasn't that complex.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    How are so supposed to handle August if TF Generations and SW Vintage (along with Pursuit of Cobra) are all being launched then?
    Save your money now.

August might be cheap for me as I'm not interested in buying a majority of the stuff they are coming out with.

I want:

HA Mudflap
    (2) LC Starscreams
    Deluxe Ironhide

Regular paint design Voyager Optimus Prime (though I really want to wait to see what TF3 Prime might be made in the Voyager size before I purchase).

Scout Class BumbleBee and SideSwipe, Mudflap, Skids, Jolt (maybe) - if only they'd make them.

Another Voyager Starscream - though I'll wait and see the TF3 products.

As for Star Wars, I'm mostly going to be buying Clone Wars - and not that much of it. No Vintage or AT-AT for me, but extra Cloud Cars, etc.

I finally decided to buy HA Bumblebee today and they forgot to pack instructions with him.

This is a great and fun figure! You just got him now? I've had to own 2 of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    I've only seen HA Barricade once, and it was at a Walmart 3 hours away. I couldn't afford it that day, and haven't seen it since.
    I just saw him sitting at a few stores (not shelf-warming, as there was only 1 of each: Skids, SideSwipe, Barricade.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post

That's a weird one. Don't forget to tilt the doors, fold up the lower portion of the roof, that stuff is easy to miss. There's something about the legs too, but I can't remember what.

So, what do you think of it?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got WFC Bumblebee and Prime in the mail last week from TRU.com.

These are two very cool deluxe figures. If I had to choose my favorite though, it would definately be Prime.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the 22nd to get the WFC game. We also have generations figures coming out. Drift and Thrust are two I am definately buying on sight...not to mention Leader Starscream.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I got WFC Bumblebee and Prime in the mail last week from TRU.com.

These are two very cool deluxe figures. If I had to choose my favorite though, it would definately be Prime.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the 22nd to get the WFC game. We also have generations figures coming out. Drift and Thrust are two I am definately buying on sight...not to mention Leader Starscream.
    I'm definately getting Thrust. I don't remember Drift, so it will be a purchase on sight condition.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Drift? Does he mean Dirge?

The classic 2nd wave of Seekers were Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Drift is a new G1 character made for the IDW comics. He's quite the Mary Sue in just about every way, and to say he's one dimensional would be a gross understatement. He's a former Decepticon ninja who became an Autobot for some reason and just walks around with his swords and broods, never actually doing anything of any importance despite his being shoved into the forefront of every story. (Really, they fired Simon Furman for this POS fanfic crap?)

This said, however, the design is quite nice, and very much in keeping with G1 aesthetics, so I'll get the figure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Saw the War for Cybertron Prime and Bumblebee at TRU today. But I passed on them. They had about 30 of each (give or take a couple), and were $12. I figure I can wait for WM or Target, where they'll be $2 cheaper.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Saw the War for Cybertron Prime and Bumblebee at TRU today. But I passed on them. They had about 30 of each (give or take a couple), and were $12. I figure I can wait for WM or Target, where they'll be $2 cheaper.
    At TRU until the 3rd, TFs are buy-one-get-one-half-off.

Today I hit 3 TRUs and found the following new items:
    Hunt for Decepticons leader-class Hooker Prime
    HoD Jetblade
    HoD Legends Ravage and case-mates

Generations WFC Prime
    Gen WFC BB
    Gen Thrust

PCC all 3 wave 1 two-packs

and both new SWTFs, Yoda/Nu-class Republic Attack Shuttle and Captain Rex/Freeco Bike

Of that, I bought...

Legends Ravage is decent, the only Ravage I bought from ROTF and my only Legends figure. If they had jointed the front legs' knees and the head, and the tiny gap in the midsection were closed, this would be a really good figure, not just a "nifty legends figure". That midsection gap probably has a designer cursing the factory tool-designer for missing the point by a coulple millimeters, but it's not a major drawback really since he's already a bit skeletal in general. The feet are jointed, the hips are jointed, the tail is on a hinge, the guns rotate as a pair. Alt mode is a Ravage-is-a-plane thing, it works better than it deserves both for the scale and the concept since it's mostly just limbs folded around, but I had low expectations.

PCC Huffer by himself is ok. I chose him because his bot mode proportions are more normal, and his mustard yellow base plastic color has a realism to it, and I liked his blue minicon better than the others. Alt mode is a truck, it's helped tremendously by the dark mustard yellow, and then has some black and silver accents, an orange hood, dark blue painted windows, and plenty of sculpted rivets. The sky-blue combiner points at the tail help nothing though, and there's a few spots around the midsection where there's bare elements that slow down excitement (not even kibble, just spots where it's not truck). It gets away with a good amount though, the round back of the head is visible in the front bumper for corn's sake, but it doesn't fail it. Transformation is simple, Scout class stuff. Bot mode is ok, has some good and bad. The whole underside of the truck is the chest and torso, it comes off a bit slab-y and the dark blue paint there worsens that without properly hearkening back to the G1 character (it intends to, even down to the yellow stripes on the chest, but somehow misses the mark, and the tiny off-center, slightly rotated Autobot logo in the upper left chest is a major afterthought). The head is new, black with a little silvery blue lower face, and wearing silver sunglasses that somewhat call back to the G1 toy. The proportions are mostly normal TF/humanoid, although the shoulders are set far back which annoys me. Sculpting is a mixed back, the hands have a very interesting sculpt that hints at Bayverse styling, there are some spots that have simplistic sculpting though, and a few that are just kinda blank. Articulation is good for a scout-class, double-hinged elbows are the highlight, although the upper arms run into the shoulders when used so you have to think around it, but it's not too bad. In the middle of his chest is a flip-up minicon hard point and they sculpted lines around the base to give it a little gun-looking touch, I like that.

Huffer then transforms into a PCC core, with a very weird head, reminds me of comic book art, and sports big yellow horns and blue light-piped eyes. The arms fold back and lock into place to make it look less like a lazy transformation, and the legs fold on an inner hinge to actually transform a little. I don't have any limbs to connect him to yet, but 2 things already bug me: A) the connection points are these blue blocks pinned into place, and some of the blocks are stuck at slightly off angles. And B) the shoulders are set higher and further back than even the regular figure!

Caliburst is a bland little clear blue minicon. His regular alt mode is a gun emplacement on sculpted gearing, it's meant to be plugged onto the back of Huffer's truck mode. It's ok, I would like it more if the arms pegged together so when you raised the gun, 1 arm didn't get left behind, and the legs are just kinda "there" folded around to make a base, and they get in the way of rotation in alt mode although they seem to have designed the base to fold down just enough to clear the rotation. Then it arbitrarily rotates the gun around and folds the knees up to make a gun that plugs under Huffer's right arm, it's a bit lazy and fat but it's a gun. Unofficially, the legs can fold back and there's 2 small tabs that seem to have no other purpose in any other mode, so I think they're meant to make a small gun grip that actually fits into the odd shape of the hands (which are just shy of the 5mm powerlink hole). There's a 3rd mode, armor that plugs onto Huffer's chest, it looks ok but again the legs just are kinda "there", and in all 3 alt modes they don't lock down, they just use ratcheting knees and friction of the ball-jointed hips, if they had made the legs lock down I think I would have liked this whole set more. Anyway, the armor was a good idea, but the legs stick out the front and have to cover the minicon head, but the legs are easy to accidentally dislodge so it just looks like Huffer is wearing a minicon on his chest. Caliburst's bot mode is a very clear blue minicon, basic Minicon styling, a sideways hardpoint on the outside of each foot and a 3mm hole on the inside of each foot - why 3mm and not 5? I dunno. Otherwise, he's pretty simple, high shoulders and set a little far back. Oh, and he has a gun his entire height plugged under his left arm, the cannon is gray and has a separate blue tip.

All in all, this set is ok, but feels like there wasn't a whole lot of trying to impress, and TRU's $10 feels steep.

HFD Thrust I didn't open yet, he's got a chrome cockpit interior and very yellow tinted canopy parts. The metallic red paint on the 2 I saw had swirls on the left side on the back and robot leg rear, not sure what's up with that. You can totally see his little white face without opening the packaging.

Oh, speaking of the packaging, all the figures today used the new eco-friendly rattan twine to hold the figures to the trays. Last year, Hasbro at SDCC said in their Star Wars panel that not only is it more "green", but it has more give so won't warp toys as much as the plastic-over-metal twisties of the past, nor will it interfere with paint as much. And it's easy to cut open, and easier to untie since it's a simple knot. I believe the Leader Class Hooker Prime doesn't sport these though.

TF:Gen WfC Bumblebee is fascinating. Bot mode is pretty BB-esque, though it has quite a bit of bustle in the back kibble panel. They took some liberties with the source material, but tried to stay as true as they could, including sculpted cues. He's a little tubbier as a figure, but somehow manages to make it work out. A lot of interesting ideas are found, and what they turn into later is quite clever. Decent articulation, the backpack gets in the way of the waist and hips a little, and the transformation side-hinge thighs can be a bit annoying, and the hands rotate diagonally, but mostly decent. There is a fold-out hot pink blade in each forearm, and a slightly bee-themed pistol, dark dark gray with a yellow front, and it can be stowed in the backpack shell.

Transformation is fascinating, there are more ideas here than possibly any previous deluxe, lots of folding and sliding and flipping around, lots of clever sculpting and paint that suggests one thing then leads organically to something else. It is also very complex, and I suspect anybody new to TF (or hasn't been in it for a while) will find this exceptionally confusing. For the well-initiated, I think this will be a hotly debated
    TF scheme. There's one bit that is made overly frustrating from the instructions, where the forearms peg into the shoulders, the instructions leave this done too late so it's hard to access, and they don't seem to mention that rotating the hands makes this much easier, good job as ever, Hasbro instruction monkeys. Once you get past that, it's just a bit of panel massaging and you've got a solid cybertronian car. Transformation back is a little daunting since it's hard to remember where to start (you can start with the shell or the legs), but it all feels more natural from there, and going back and forth afterwards I found much easier than I imagined.

Alt mode is really nifty, it unifies ideas together in a very Tron-esque fashion, and looks good doing it. The yellow painted elements don't quite match the cast ones, but it's close enough for me. A few odd hot pink accents give it an electro-zip style, though it makes the Autobot logo on the car nose/bot chest hard to see. There are also some boss holes for screws and pins, but not too bad. I love the fact that it's wide, not enough TF cars are wide, this is a good Cybertronian VW Beetle. No kibble and it rolls well on a mousepad or something with a little friction. The middle and top and car windows are black opaque plastic, while the side and rear windows are dark smoke translucent. There are a few panels that leave a little gap at alignment, but nothing I'd consider major. BB's pistol stores inside the rear of the car the same as in bot mode, it works well. Unusually for a BB figure, the alt mode is a decent-sized deluxe, a little shorter front to back but wider and a decent tapering height.

All in all, I really like this WfC Bumblebee figure a lot, and I'd probably buy the repaint. It's got a lot of charm and has a very interesting transformation. I suspect this is a figure that will appeal to only certain tastes and not every collector will dig it, but it will work smartly for those who dig such things.

WfC Optimus Prime doesn't quite live up to BB there. He's a smaller scale bot since he's a deluxe the same height as BB, the most telling aspect is the tiny head on Prime. Out of the package, he's got mistransformed shoulders and a bunch of kibble, and his chest isn't gelling too well. Once you get all the stuff into its pace, the figure still has a bit too much kibble even when it's design touches, several panels on limbs that don't lock down and should, and I don't really know how the backpack panel should rest. There's also this feeling to me that it's Prime as a facade, like a robot wearing Prime's elements but it's all a bit too big for him - the forearms and lower legs are fat, the chest is big, the belt is thick, but the upper arms, thighs, waist, and head aren't The head is Prime though, an angry anime Prime with tall ears and cold eyes - the eyes are blue translucent, but because the light-pipe doesn't catch ambient light for crap due to size and positioning, it works only when you jam a light down on the top of his head, and otherwise it looks the same color as the tiny head around it). The chest reminds me of movie 1 protoform Prime. Although well-articulated, posing is a challenge because holding him dislodges lower leg and shoulder kibble panels, and drops the shoulders on their transformation joints, and the feet are jointed too far back so there's not enough heel to work with. There's also the hips being limited by the belt, while the belt is designed to flip up to allow full range for the legs, I don't feel it's that necessary except for sitting poses as the belt is far forward allowing around 30 degrees of motion to the hips - and careful with that belt, it occasionally likes to take vacations from its simple friction hinge. Prime sports a long blaster rifle, not his classic G1 version, this is a little more Gundamy and also a little simpler in sculpt than I am used to, but it does fold up and pop onto his back - a cool feature, but it easily dislodges and springs open, flinging itself away from the storage in both modes. Colors are standard red, blue, silvery gray plastics, but instead of yellow they used the electro hot pink again. The Autobot logos on either shoulder contrast better on Prime than on BB's yellow, but the simple tampos here remind me of a few prior Prime figures where the logos have no sculpting to make them special so they just look like an afterthought.

Transformation has some clever stuff going on, some sliding in the legs and things I didn't expect, but relies too heavily on panels, and even worse for me, requires moving parts only at a specific time or else they get in the way of something else down the line. It gets pretty complex with all the moving limbs and panels, and not in a fun way. It also breaks one of the rules I consider important - Optimus Prime's face should never be face-down in alt mode, and certainly not having his painted chin a few millimeters away from a surface when truck mode is set down, that's a no! That said, I do find the way the panels cover the front and sides to be a bit interesting, I like the pipes, and dig the belt turning into the bumper the way it does (even if it is far too close to the ground). Of course, I have to wonder why Hasbro would go to the trouble of paying to design, tool up, paint, and assemble the flip-around kneecaps that turn into tail lights if they're going to let the clowns who make the instructions throw all that money and effort out the window by ignoring it.

Alt mode is a cybertronian truck, it's a bit art deco, and conforms well to deluxe pricepoint sizing. The truck is a tad generic really but gets a few style points for trying to stay smooth and panel-y. The rear half tries to hide the robot thighs folded over as an engine, but it's not getting that job done. I sorta like this truck, the big front wheels offset by 2 sets of smaller rear wheels, the silver star hubcaps with red rims, the small silver grille in the front leading into the bumper, the big pips out the midsection, the separate front fenders, that all works. I was confused as to the lack of windows for the cabin though, I saw the small recessed silver bot chest and at first didn't get that it's supposed to be the windows, the game design it turns out uses that area and the area above it as the windows which stands out better, but Hasbro's bot design kills that, so it's a truck with REALLY small windows that can't see to the side at all, some disguise! I suspect the windows (or lack thereof) might work better at Voyager class, and some of the other elements feel like they could have worked better there as well, but I suspect this was always meant to be a deluxe. The folded up gun can be stowed on top of the "engine block", but not only does it stick up in the air a bit, but the peg is loose and the gun automorphs itself into the air quite often, so for stowing it sucks.

All in all, this is a mixed bag that I'm not sure I could recommend. A little bit works in bot mode, more in alt mode, but what doesn't work in both really doesn't work, and the same can I guess be said for the transformation as well. The scale isn't a good fit to the character, leaving robot mode disproportionate and the vehicle mode somewhat simple. And finally, there's the underwhelming blaster weapon. I think this will be a sliding scale between mild interest and frustration for most collectors.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.