Page 402 of 581 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 5810
    Actually, it was the windshield thing. It just doesn't want to actually meet with the hood. I really wish they put some text in the instructions. I know I've said it before, but it could clear up some of the more ambiguous panels.

The riding thing was my daughter's idea. "Hey, he can ride his friend!" What's really cool, though, is that she identified them as Optimus Prime and Bumblebee without me mentioning it. And she can't identify the movie pretenders who use the same name, so she knows the "real" deal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

There is no windshield or hood really, they flow together, so I don't really know which part you mean. The panel with Bumblebee's head underneath, or the higher up panel behind that? If the latter, that panel is the one that won't clip down without the hands in the right orientation and the shoulders locked into the forearms.

They used to have textual instructions, but cut them for multilingual issues and because they sometimes got rather bizarre in description. They should bring that back though.

That's funny that she wanted BB to ride OP's alt mode, and recognized both. That's awesome she knows real BB and OP from Pretenders.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You can't deploy his shoulders that way, I tried. There's a sculpted stop to allow the hinge to fold the opposite way to accommodate this.
    You're missing something, then. I've go him transformed like that right now. If I knew how to attach a picture, I would.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I found Thrust at the local TRU this morning, didn't want Battle Blade BB or Ravage or Jetblade so I went with HFD Ironhide.

Obviously I had not read JT's review.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    You're missing something, then. I've go him transformed like that right now. If I knew how to attach a picture, I would.
    Ok, I see what you mean. I transformed him that way, and it does technically work, but it is forcing a joint that's not supposed to move in that direction to do so, and it's a very small joint (the one that holds the wing to the hinge), so it's moving in the realm of joint tolerances. I don't want to find out the hard way that the play in that joint snaps off the wing, plus there's no paint on that side, so I'm not going to risk it. But you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I found Thrust at the local TRU this morning, didn't want Battle Blade BB or Ravage or Jetblade so I went with HFD Ironhide.

Obviously I had not read JT's review.
    You paid $6 for Ironhide, he sucks but $6 is better than finding out at full price.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Holy crap, I just transformed Dlx Ratchet to go with Dlx Ironhide, and wow is this a bad combination. Ironhide, who fares much better than that Ratchet turdburglar, is a full head SHORTER than Ratchet. In the movie-verse, Ratchet is at least 2 heads shorter than Ironhide. (As a side, I got out m1 voyager Ironhide, he scales quite well to dlx Ratchet in bot mode. Too bad voy Ironhide still sucks after 3 years.) Yet Dlx Ironhide is much more together and has better color and sculpting than dlx Ratchet, in every mode and in every way really.

Ratchet's myriad of annoying problems actually makes me like dlx Ironhide better in some ways, but he's still got enough issues to make me not recommend him. That said, I like Ironhide more today than I did when I got him, not only are his issues more interesting to ponder, but his transformation is a little fun now that I'm off-instructions, and he seems to have presence somehow. Dlx Ratchet never caught my attention that way, I can tell you plainly.

Tycho, as to scale against dlx Ironhide, scouts wouldn't work for the characters you've been talking about, they'd be far too big against him. Legends Bumblebee and Jazz might scale to him well, but you'd need a scout Ratchet which ain't gonna happen, and Voyager Prime is a bit too large to scale against dlx Ironhide.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Holy crap, I just transformed Dlx Ratchet to go with Dlx Ironhide, and wow is this a bad combination. Ironhide, who fares much better than that Ratchet turdburglar, is a full head SHORTER than Ratchet. In the movie-verse, Ratchet is at least 2 heads shorter than Ironhide. (As a side, I got out m1 voyager Ironhide, he scales quite well to dlx Ratchet in bot mode. Too bad voy Ironhide still sucks after 3 years.) Yet Dlx Ironhide is much more together and has better color and sculpting than dlx Ratchet, in every mode and in every way really.

Ratchet's myriad of annoying problems actually makes me like dlx Ironhide better in some ways, but he's still got enough issues to make me not recommend him. That said, I like Ironhide more today than I did when I got him, not only are his issues more interesting to ponder, but his transformation is a little fun now that I'm off-instructions, and he seems to have presence somehow. Dlx Ratchet never caught my attention that way, I can tell you plainly.

Tycho, as to scale against dlx Ironhide, scouts wouldn't work for the characters you've been talking about, they'd be far too big against him. Legends Bumblebee and Jazz might scale to him well, but you'd need a scout Ratchet which ain't gonna happen, and Voyager Prime is a bit too large to scale against dlx Ironhide.
    You know, I had picked up that Dlx. Ratchet on a number of occasions, esp during the recent price drops but always got a bad feeling about it and put it back.

You know, I had picked up that Dlx. Ratchet on a number of occasions, esp during the recent price drops but always got a bad feeling about it and put it back.
    Good call. I can't believe I've been burned twice on Ratchet. The voyager was just bland and slightly annoying, the deluxe seemed better but turned out to be a massive insult, a crappy figure, and a terrible transformer. It's like a licensed knock-off almost. And for no reason, they gave him really tall legs to further mess things up. And the interaction with movie Lockdown is crap, the gun doesn't fit well on Lockdown and Lockdown's removable engine doesn't fit on Ratchet.

JT, it's a good thing I never liked Bayformer Ratchet.

We've not really talked much about the Botcon coverage yet but there are some promising deluxes coming like Tomahawk the Apache chopper. Blurr is coming as well but I think I like the animated Blurr much better.

JT, it's a good thing I never liked Bayformer Ratchet.

We've not really talked much about the Botcon coverage yet but there are some promising deluxes coming like Tomahawk the Apache chopper. Blurr is coming as well but I think I like the animated Blurr much better.
    I'm looking forward to the Transtech Cheetor remold of Animated Blurr!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!