Page 404 of 588 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 5875
    Did the new Transformers have a street date too?

I saw all of the new transformers except drift and thrust, including the arialbots and the combaticons at TRU last week. But 4 days later, everything was gone. Everything. and not gone to where there were holes on the shelves, almost as if the section was condensed and new stock was removed.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wow, that's crazy. Any images yet?

If you say so. I think I made a case for some fairly big things, it's a good figure but by no means what I'd call amazing. So what else would you list under "best figures of the last couple years"?
    No images of Blurr-as-Cheetor yet. But I imagine greatness.

As for Drift, you identified issues, but I always start with "Is this toy fun?" and work from there. I think the toy is loads of fun, so I can forgive things like visible lines. Afterall, it's a transformer. they transform. there are going to be lines.

I also really like Bludgeon, though he has his problems, and Movie Lockdown, though he has his problems, too. But I'm so freaking in love with the classics-style figures, it's crazy. I can't stop buying them, even the repaints.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Decided to take a couple quick shots of Starscream for scale. I used a Legends figure, and 1 each short and tall examples of Deluxe-class. You can click each image to view it larger (it's half the size I shot at, which is still mighty big, but easier to upload)...
    Starscream landing:
    http://yfrog.com/f/3mstarscreamlandingj/

Starscream standing:
    http://yfrog.com/f/izstarscreamstandingj/

I really don't like the pose I used for the standing shot, but it gives a sense of the enormity of the figure. (Plus it shows off the cool pose I have Drift in. )

I do however like the pose I used for the landing shot. I wanted a fist for the right hand, which it cannot do, so I preferred to fold it all the way over. This pose was just to show off how far the shoulders and hips can go and still be useful, there's no cheating in the pose. I love how even though the figure is bent way down, it's still dwarfing Ironhide and Drift, and Ravage is totally minuscule.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    spotted the new Mini transformers last night at TRU in East Brunswick... they have the mini Ravage, Fireburst Optimus Prime and a repainted Bumblebee. I'm tempted to pick up the Ravage but the rest are easy passes....
    Legends Ravage is decent and works well with scale to deluxes and Voyagers, although I paid $4 for mine and am not sure it's worth the $5 they normally were charging (my store claimed they're $6 on sale for $4 at the time, I really hope that's wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Did the new Transformers have a street date too?
    Yes, Hasbro's 3 core lines - SW, TF, GI Joe - all have that stupid 1st week of August street date coming off of disastrous ends of '09 and beginnings of '10.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    No images of Blurr-as-Cheetor yet. But I imagine greatness.

As for Drift, you identified issues, but I always start with "Is this toy fun?" and work from there. I think the toy is loads of fun, so I can forgive things like visible lines. Afterall, it's a transformer. they transform. there are going to be lines.

I also really like Bludgeon, though he has his problems, and Movie Lockdown, though he has his problems, too. But I'm so freaking in love with the classics-style figures, it's crazy. I can't stop buying them, even the repaints.
    Well, I will hold off excitement on Cheetor until I see it, don't want to get my hopes too high, especially since it's exclusive.

I can like almost any Transformer given the right circumstances, but considering how much money goes into collecting these, if I buy something and review it, I don't want to BS anybody by gushing over it simply because it tickles my fancy at the moment. My reviews are meant to be from a naked-eye point of view, I say nice things and I point out the ones that will bug me and other collectors. I give it a grade based on all that stuff, it doesn't mean the seams on the hood will ruin the figure, but it does mean they affect my enjoyment.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It disturbs me when you use the phrase "tickles my fancy" and "naked" in the same paragraph. Otherwise, I respect you.

I also love that pose you put my new FAVORITE figue in

Yes, Hasbro's 3 core lines - SW, TF, GI Joe - all have that stupid 1st week of August street date coming off of disastrous ends of '09 and beginnings of '10.
    I knew I should have picked some things up. Odd enough, there was no signs of SW being stocked.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    It disturbs me when you use the phrase "tickles my fancy" and "naked" in the same paragraph. Otherwise, I respect you.

I also love that pose you put my new FAVORITE figue in
    Yes yes, I noticed that double entendre too, was hoping you guys would be classier than to call it out... AHAHAHAHAHAHA, right!

Glad you dig the pose, it's based a little on a Drift comic art shot I was trying to recreate (his thinner limbs and different scale to the alt mode kibble, plus the lack of range in the knees, didn't quite deliver, and the sword looked better on the collar than on the shoulder as it was in the shot, so I changed it to a standing pose and threw the loose short sword into his other hand).

BTW, a buddy innocently pointed out how the flash washes out Drift, not knowing I had already spent a bunch of time dealing with that in my shots, taking several more I didn't use. Ultimately, it caused me to post the 1 flash-free shot that came out:
    http://yfrog.com/f1starscreamnoflashj

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, if you re-create any "All Hail Megatron" cover image with toys, you have to then burn the figure, eat the ashes, and spread the resulting excrement on a stray puppy that you then sacrifice to Baal, otherwise all the good comic books in history will come to live in human form and kick you in the junk.

You're so lucky it didn't quite work.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    JT, if you re-create any "All Hail Megatron" cover image with toys, you have to then burn the figure, eat the ashes, and spread the resulting excrement on a stray puppy that you then sacrifice to Baal, otherwise all the good comic books in history will come to live in human form and kick you in the junk.

You're so lucky it didn't quite work.
    Well, the pose looked more like Drift was taking a dump, so I suppose that was apt. But you miiiiight be a wee bit harsh on AHM there.

Well, the pose looked more like Drift was taking a dump, so I suppose that was apt. But you miiiiight be a wee bit harsh on AHM there.
    Confession: Never seen a picture of Drift from the comics. Now that I have, you're telling me you AREN'T ridiculously impressed with how well Hasbro interpreted that? For real? That's just... wow. Am I insane for loving this figure so much? Because I do. Right down to the Kanji on his sword, which I can't read, but I'm told says "Bad Motherf*@#%"

If anything, I was not harsh enough. Even aside from totally tossing the previous continuity out the window, that series was one of the worst comics I ever read.

Ever.

And, yes, I'm counting all those Rob Liefeld books I bought as a stupid youngster.
    Tommy, close your eyes.