Page 406 of 592 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 5919
    If All Hail Megatron had been written by someone who wasn't a glorified amateur who didn't have the chops to pull it off, and either more packed with story or condensed into fewer issues, it could've been great. This was the sort of story that should've been dark--and not simply violent--and deep; it wasn't either, so it sounds like the sort of games my friends and I would play in fourth grade.

Current SW EU is a slightly different matter. It's a repeat of earlier stories in a fashion that borders on impossible. And wanks the Boba Fett fans a bit much.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And who exactly has the chops and drive to handle this material under the TF banner right now? It's not exactly inviting a lot of big name new talent, and fans are heavily divided on Simon Furman's last few years of writing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They can get guys like Christos Gage and Chuck Dixon on GIJoe, but you expect me to believe no one wants to write Transformers?

Even Bob Budiansky would be better at it, if he took it seriously. His work on non-Transformers books from the 1980s was pretty good; likely he realizes now that the entire purpose of the book isn't to sell new toys anymore.

Heck, Denny O'Neill had a hand in creating the concept of the Transformers. It's not like the better writers hide from it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Transformers aren't people, writing for them is different, that's why it used to attract more of the sci-fi writers from Marvel, but in the '80s more of the writers at Marvel were genuinely interested in sci-fi anyway. Now days, it doesn't seem like comic publishers want writers who understand sci-fi, this isn't the '80s anymore, comics are a totally different medium from 20, 30 years ago. You can see it in the cartoons too, the G1 cartoon writers had an interest in ideas that you just don't find in the '00s cartoons. As these brands get more nuanced, they also get more niche.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Glad you dig Starscream and got your figs. Surprised you like the PCCs, do you have all 3 2-packs?
    Yes I have all 3 of the 2 PCC packs. My favorite one is the Huffer set, with Smolder being a close second. I found the 5-pack PCC sets at Target yesterday, so I went ahead and got Bombshock, which I am pretty happy with.

I also managed to find a legends Ravage over the weekend, so I am good for a while.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Yes I have all 3 of the 2 PCC packs. My favorite one is the Huffer set, with Smolder being a close second. I found the 5-pack PCC sets at Target yesterday, so I went ahead and got Bombshock, which I am pretty happy with.

I also managed to find a legends Ravage over the weekend, so I am good for a while.
    I am likely to buy Smolder today, I wish I could return that awful Searchlight though, but I guess I'm keeping him now. I think I'm also going to buy the Bombshock set as well because I'm a sucker.

JT, I appreciate your review of Brimstone. I'm giving him hard consideration.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JT, I appreciate your review of Brimstone. I'm giving him hard consideration.
    He's not in scale to anything you have in terms of alt modes and human figures, which you usually rail against. There's a lot of stretch in the front end, more than you'd see on a bike from Sons of Anarchy I'll wager (real bikers don't have choppers stretched that far, the more stretch the harder they are to control), this is more like a show bike based on a true chopper. Still, I think he's boss.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They can get guys like Christos Gage and Chuck Dixon on GIJoe, but you expect me to believe no one wants to write Transformers?

Even Bob Budiansky would be better at it, if he took it seriously. His work on non-Transformers books from the 1980s was pretty good; likely he realizes now that the entire purpose of the book isn't to sell new toys anymore.

Heck, Denny O'Neill had a hand in creating the concept of the Transformers. It's not like the better writers hide from it.
    Chux, you want Stracynski to come in and set Transformers comics back? I'd like him away from DC Comics asap.

Yes, I think Transformers needs to have more modern writing:

SideSwipe should have a drinking problem.

Arcee should be divorcing Springer and hiring a lawyer to take him through the carwash.

Because The Ark crashed, Optimus Prime should be put on probation and have his starship license suspended.

The Junkions should quit analog and become Born-Again-HD-Satellite-Followers.

Megatron should fess up and admit he doesn't really care about Universal Domination but all he's really been after is a controlling monopoly over the Energon Processing business.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.