Page 409 of 581 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 5809
    Hmmm...maybe I should have bought MP Grimlock at SDCC...

I finally found Drift, or Mary Sue Maximus as some of you were calling him I think? Alt mode is great but I don't think I like bot mode as much as some of you.

I also got Seaspray in the mail but I've been so wiped out by SDCC that I've only transformed him once.

I ordered a Comic-Com Blaster from HTS yesterday. Never had him as a kid, but always wanted him. Will look great next to my TRU Soundwave, whom I also failed to get as a kid, and actually paid more on amazon several months ago since it was the only place to find it at that point (I hate the fact that the chest piece sticks out to hold two tapes, but the Comic-Con version was even pricier). I was gonna get that Grimlock, but having seen the pictures, I'm not really THAT impressed.

Now, if they would just release a Commemorative Edition Devastator/Constructicons set, I would be really happy!
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I'm temporarily bypassing the conversation starting at 4071 so I can post this link to pics from the Chinese Transformers convention:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...g-jazz-170308/

Legends:
    Goldbug!
    Gun Megatron!!!

Scout:
    Windcharger (red Mustang clone)

Dlx:
    Special Ops Jazz (realistic Animated)
    Perceptor (a halftrack and kind of a fatty)
    Scourge (wow! A delta-wing futurey jet)
    Thunderwing (reminds me of Energon Megatron, but those feet sticking out the back are "no")
    "Turbo" Tracks (wow wow wow! And I think he's a Mazda!)

Voyager:
    Grapple (remold of Inferno, good)
    Lugnut (realistic Animated character, but very different I think)

Power Core Combiners:
    Construction 5pack
    Dinobot 5pack (!!!!!!!!! That thing is going to sell a million copies)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm guessing Legends Meg won't be available stateside.

"Me Grimstone! Cheap knockoff Grimlock! Me Grimstone get butt kicked!"

JAZZ!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!
    THUNDERWING!!!!! Makes me want to break out into the T Rex song. "Do ya thing, oh, oh, Thunderwing!"
    Tracks, Perceptor, Windcharger, Scourge, and Grapple! Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back again!

Oh, next year will be a good time to be a Classics collector.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

More pics, including Legends G1 Prime and Starscream, at Tformers:
    http://tformers.com/transformers-1st...4021/news.html

And a look at Masterpiece Rodimus Convoy/Prime:
    http://tformers.com/transformers-new...4022/news.html

Chux, there's no reason G1 Megs can't be released here, they just don't want it to be a realistic-sized gun. This should be no problem. Naturally it'll be super hard to find.

Grimstone isn't meant to be Grimlock, the thinking behind these PCCs is that Constructicons, Dinobots, those sub-groups that we know, those characters in them are just a taste of a larger army of them, and some can combine, some can't, some need drones to combine while others can be full combiners. I thought it was a fair bit of reasoning.

Yeah, Generations is going to be where it's at until Michael Bay's abortion of a movie comes out and puts the line back on hold.

BTW, Stealth Force is on pegs now, I spotted Megatron at Target last night, the least-stealthy of the bunch. But I like this line, it's vehicles transforming into armored vehicles, not robots. Also, there's a report that the new SWTFs are out including the TX-130 tank.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picking up where I had left off...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Funny, I was totally the opposite of you on Acid Storm. I dig the color scheme, and he looks nice as a background Seeker. I just wish either A) he'd been Sunstorm, or B) they'd release Sunstorm. (Preferably B, but after a wide-release Thundercracker.)
    Background seeker is what he is, but he's only in 1 episode in the background and he's not even the same deco there as the toy.

PLEASE NO MORE SUNSTORM! Talk about an overblown, overused background character! G1 mold as Sunstorm, Titanium 6" Sunstorm, Universe Sunstorm, Animated Sunstorm, Minicon Sunstorm, Armada-mold Sunstorm... Make it stop!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    And, today, they marked him up another $5, but he's still unavailable for order.
    Yeah, that really bummed me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    At Comic Con, JediTricks was there and witness to me asking Brian Wilks (formerly from the Star Wars Team) about:
    "Wilk", not Wilks.

1. Leader Class Blackout (A: If a helicopter is in Michael Bay's next movie - yes).
    That's not exactly what he said. It depends on the next movie, but not just if it's there, it has to be of some importance and to capture the attention of the larger consumer base. This is the same thing said about movies 1 and 2 Blackout. Don't get your hopes up TOO high just yet.

2. Human Alliance / Nemesis Decepticons like Sideways and Rampage and Scrapper. (A: Wait and see. There will be some surprises. They'd like more Decepticons in the HA line.)
    I can confirm this is the gist of what went down, no confirmations of anything but they understand the need, and I don't know if "there will be some surprises" is the right way to express it, makes it sound more definite where Wilk didn't even confirm the future of the line.

3. Scout Class BumbleBee, Sideswipe, Mudflap, Skids, etc. to accomodate Ironhide and Ratchet being scaled down to Deluxe. (A: They really like Bumblebee and how every version of him sells.) I read into the answer a positive result.
    This one I think you are reading too much into it, and I think I told you this right then and there.

Today I will ask in front of all the fans at the Hasbro TF pannel.
    Man was that a bummer, I sent Tycho up there at the right time to get in line early enough, but they stopped questions AT HIM! That was a disappointing panel all around though.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I should have bought MP Grimlock at SDCC...

I finally found Drift, or Mary Sue Maximus as some of you were calling him I think? Alt mode is great but I don't think I like bot mode as much as some of you.

I also got Seaspray in the mail but I've been so wiped out by SDCC that I've only transformed him once.
    That's how I'm seeing Grimlock now too.

Surprised you like the alt mode over the bot mode, the alt mode has some charm but IMO is too narrow and bloated at the rear end. The bot mode isn't particularly special in sculpt, but in attitude based on how it can move.

I want to get Seaspray but I keep blowing it off.

I'm not dissing the reasoning of the Power Core Combiners, but "Grimstone"? Dude, that is an awful name that reeks of "let's come up with something that's reminiscent of Grimlock."

I think Sunstorm--especially the weird "god Transformer" from the Dreamwave series--is overrated as a character, but the basic design is good and, hey, I can use all the Seekers I can get. If they do any more "generic" Seekers, I'd go with Sunstorm first, then get into new color schemes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh yeah, the name is dog crap. I suspect they were gonna name him "Brimstone" and then realized they JUST came out with a figure with that name, so scrambled.

I think the character is highly overrated. As for the figure, the only one I haven't felt was a hideous eyesore was the Animated version, which was mostly a darker orange, and it was still not that great-looking in my book. Too much yellow. And more seekers like this? http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rainmakers.jpg We already have Yellow and Blue in Sunstorm and TC... ok, I'm cheating but I really want them to make Thundercracker and finish the damn main 6. Get TC out then do whatever the hell they want, but TC is likely not coming anytime soon unless it's right after Dirge because next year we have Thunderwing and Hasbro doesn't want to confuse casual consumers with similar-sounding names (Sideways and Sideswipe apparently didn't bother them tho').

I got Human Alliance Jazz with Capt. Lennox at Target this morning.

They also had the Deluxe Prime and BumbleBee in their Cybertronian alt modes from the new video game.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, how funny, I bought HA Jazz at Target today as well.