Page 419 of 591 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 5907
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I have a friend who found Red Alert and Straxus. This means there are six whole Deluxes I haven't seen yet (counting Soundwave and Megatron). If I don't find them soon, that could be one expensive trip if more waves come out.
    You know, Chux, if you're that behind, it might be financially advisable to order a case online. The cases can sometimes be as cheap as retail from the right place. And if there are doubles of some of the newer figures, I'm sure you could find someone to split it with.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I'd be more worried about having doubles of the guys who are clogging pegs now, particularly Cybertron Prime and Bumblebee.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd be more worried about having doubles of the guys who are clogging pegs now, particularly Cybertron Prime and Bumblebee.
    Sure, but check out the cases. You might have to pre-order to get a good ratio, but there are some non-Prime/Bee cases. There's a part of me that almost wishes I'd waited to buy my Meg/Soundwave/Alert/Darkmount set since there are some good cases with those figures as carry overs coming soon.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Since we're rounding the corner into the last few months of the year, I was thinking we could start looking at what's been particularly stand-out so far in TF in 2010 to help the end-of-year discussions along when we get there. I believe these are the lines with product that came out in 2010...

• Animated
    • Movie 2
    • Generations
    • PCCs
    • A few Crossovers of no real note

Is that it, or am I missing something?

Here's my list so far, broken down by line.

Movie 2...
    Skystalker
    Mindwipe!
    Breacher!
    HA Jazz!
    HA Barricade
    Leader-class Starscream!

Animated...
    Arcee

Generations...
    Straxus!
    WfC Bumblebee
    Drift
    MP Grimlock!

So far, not a bad year, but a bit of a long break towards the middle hampered momentum.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nice to hear. I'm looking forward to that one.

Skullgrin is going to be a Straxus repaint, right? Does he at least have a new head? I skipped Banzai-Tron (truth is, I didn't look for him so I'm not sure that I've seen him), because such a poo-poo character being a Bludgeon repaint is lame. But Skullgrin I always thought was cool for whatever reason, so I might bite on this one if the head is different.
    Skullgrin is a repaint with a new head that looks like this: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Generat...-Skullgrin.jpg
    IMO, that head is a bit too small for the body, it has to be to fit in the cavity that Straxus' larger, squarer head fits in.

The instructions on Straxus actually show Skullgrin's head in the drawings, which gave it away ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I found Generations Dirge and Blurr at Target this morning.
    Great gourds! How are they? I can't believe I missed your stashing post yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    You know, Chux, if you're that behind, it might be financially advisable to order a case online. The cases can sometimes be as cheap as retail from the right place. And if there are doubles of some of the newer figures, I'm sure you could find someone to split it with.
    Unfortunately, every case assortment for waves 3-5 don't contain all 6 figures he's missing. Wave 3 has Straxus, Megatron, Red Alert, Soundwave. Wave 4 has Dirge, Blurr, Megatron, Soundwave, Red Alert. Wave 5 will have Red Alert, Dirge, Thunderwing, Skullgrin, and WfC Cliffjumper.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Since we're rounding the corner into the last few months of the year, I was thinking we could start looking at what's been particularly stand-out so far in TF in 2010 to help the end-of-year discussions along when we get there. I believe these are the lines with product that came out in 2010...

• Animated
    • Movie 2
    • Generations
    • PCCs
    • A few Crossovers of no real note

Is that it, or am I missing something?

Movie 2...
    Skystalker
    Mindwipe!
    Breacher!
    HA Jazz!
    HA Barricade
    Leader-class Jetfire!

Animated...
    Arcee

Generations...
    Straxus!
    WfC Bumblebee
    Drift
    MP Grimlock!

So far, not a bad year, but a bit of a long break towards the middle hampered momentum.
    I know you don't agree but I would put Animated Rodimus on that list. I liked Legends Longhaul as well.

As for Blurr and Dirge, I like Drift better than Blurr. I would've liked for him to have his own alt mode mold. Instead of Drift's long sword, Blurr comes with a rifle, while the two knives for Drift are replaced by blasters for Blurr. I don't really think of Blurr as the sniper type so I could've done without that accessory.

About Dirge, the flaws of this mold have been well documented so there's no real need to get into that. Unlike Thrust, the colors are really sharp on Dirge. As far as Classics seekers go, this one and Ramjet are probably my favorites.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

I don't purchase all this stuff but I'll vote where I can:

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Movie 2...

HA Barricade
    Leader-class Starscream! (I think JT meant Starscream instead of Jetfire, too.)

Generations...

Voyager SeaSpray
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, I meant Starscream, I haven't been sleeping that great lately. Jetfire didn't even come out this year.

Seaspray is not a Generations figure, it's a movie figure. Why? I have no idea, it's only got chicken legs in common with them.

I wish Rodimus had turned out a little better and made my list, but it doesn't work for me well enough to put it up there.

I left Bludgeon off my list because technically he came out at the end of last year, but I didn't get him until February of this year, so I may have to revise that. Not sure though.

I saw MP Grimlock for the first time the other day. What a great looking figure. I really wanted to pick it up, but I just couldn't justify the 70 bucks considering I don't have MP Megatron.

I also saw Leader Class Starscream. What is up with the voice in him. It's horrible.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I like the voice on Starscream. It's the voice actor from TF: Animated, but aiming more for the Chris Latta G1 sound, which I think he got about 90% there.