Page 420 of 582 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 5812
  1. #4191
    In Wal-Mart tonight, they had the 80's animated series "final chapters" with Rodimus Prime on DVD for $20.

    I don't think I'm going to pick this up, but Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee, Cyclonus, Scourge, and more Astrotrain and Soundwave is cool.

    However. there are these guys Rodimus Prime and Galvatron that kind of wreck it for me.

    I don't know. Maybe I'll bite. I'm not sure yet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  2. #4192
    Picked up PCC Sledge w/ Throttler yesterday.

    After the disappointment that was Icepick w/ Chainclaw (2 names that make little to no sense with the figures), I was sorta losing all interest in picking up the last 2 new Commander figures from wave 2. Then I saw Sledge yesterday and it looked decent enough to give 1 last shot.

    First, Throttler. Throttler is purple. His head is a 5mm hardpoint and has a silver face of little detail. His limbs have detail, and he looks alright for a clear plastic minicon. He has thigh rotation. He transforms into a giant drill bit, the kind used to make tunnels and such, and he ACTUALLY TRANSFORMS! It's a miracle, he actually has parts that lock together, and his chest rotates around to center the bit mode (the instructions don't know about this, but the assembly makes for no other possibility). As a weapon, he's a drill bit. The instructions don't realize his peghead can be used to peg under Sledge's forearm, so they think his weapon-mode is chest-based or shoulder-based, not their finest hour - "behold, my powerful boutineer!" Because of the cone alt mode, his limbs are triangular which makes for adequate coverage in armor mode, but it's really still just wrapping a minicon around a robot.

    Sledge is a balanced figure, normal-length torso, arms, and legs. The arms have big kibble on the sides, but the wrap upwards at least. The head has blinders on either side which are doors that close for the combiner head, the face inside is a face though, not some cheapness. The torso has a big cutting wheel sticking out, and a cockpit with a hardpoint on the side. Articulation is decent for a scout-class but not outstanding. Interestingly, to use the minicon-as-armor, the cutting wheel is retracted and the cockpit unfolds to become a chest (this is also what you do to make him a Combiner core, more on that later).

    Sledge's transformation to a backhoe is very interesting and perhaps a little more ambitious than a scout could pull off, but the backhoe arm fully works (if a little loose). The sides of the torso fold down and around, the legs fold under. The only problem I have is there's nowhere for the head's blinders or horns to go so the combiner face remains deployed under the cockpit. It's not a great-looking vehicle but it's alright, and it has treads, a cockpit, a cutting wheel and plow in the front, and a backhoe arm in the back.

    Combiner mode rotates the head around and closes the binders to reveal more of a visor-eye non-face that Transformers has seen before. The shoulders rotate around diagonally with the arms running straight back (although I like them folded down to act as lats), and the legs fold in slightly on a new joint. The combiner core is alright, it's a bit narrow though, and the legs can de-transform a little due to springs on the tread panels. It's not mind-blowing, but the combined bot looks a bit different from the others with the core keeping things so narrow, so that's unique (some of the other cores are wide, so this is an intentional thing). On mine, the PCC peg-cube joints are very stiff which can be an annoyance with the limb engineering problems.

    All in all, still not a great line, but at least Sledge & Throttler are adequate transformers on their own without massive compromises.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  3. #4193
    I finally found Lord Straxus (no aliases for me!) and Cybertron Megatron today. Which means I'm only four behind, right? (Dirge, Blurr, Soundwave, and Red Alert, unless someone else has snuck out.)

    BTW, did Banzai-Tron ever actually come out, or is he still forthcoming? I was going to pass, but now I'm considering him if I ever find him. I really dig the sculpt, and he was somewhat important in the IDW-verse before it went south.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  4. #4194
    Gotta say, I'm loving these little inside jokes on the Classics/Universe Classics/Generations decos. Straxus is M17--awesome! (It shouldn't take more than a quick Google search to see why that's cool.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  5. #4195
    Glad you dig Straxus.

    Yes, Banzaitron is out and VERY easy to find in my area. It's a voyager-class, make sure you're checking the new boxes for those.


    I haven't talked about WFC Megatron or Soundwave yet. I don't know what it is, I cannot seem to find expression for them. They're both good, they both have drawbacks, they're both acceptable despite that, but somehow they don't move me to orate upon their pros and cons.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #4196
    Don't give orals to pros or cons, JT. It's a risk to your health.

    Meanwhile, I finally opened SeaSpray (Voyager) as I've had him since July.

    Getting Breacher was the motivation.

    Man are they awesome!

    First, SeaSpray is a great action figure alone (nevermind that he transforms).
    I've loved what Hasbro has done with the old MiniBots, turning them into great Voyager figures (and in some cases like BumbleBee, Deluxes albeit he's a Camaro instead of a bug, now, save for the other toy lines I don't collect).

    But first Powerglide and now SeaSpray! Both are great toys!

    Breacher was difficult to transform for me (because I was trying to follow the instructions). Once I just went with my intuition, I converted him just fine. He fits great onto SeaSpray and adds even more firepower to the hovercraft. (Mine's combined, attacking Devastator!)

    Now Hasbro needs to do Beachcomber - probably as a Legends for the best size (if they hadn't already done him). I bought Legends Hound (though I loved the Deluxe Hound that I saw in the stores from Generations a year or two back).

    Anyway, there's nothing on my Transformers buying list right now except for a 4-pack with LEGENDS Ironhide, Ratchet, Bonecrusher, and Brawl. I don't know when that's coming out or if it's been released.

    I've since added Mudflap and the Agent Simmons figure to my Human Alliance scene (and I don't remember if he's in there or not in the pictures I recently posted, but also Captain Lennox who came with HA Jazz). Legends Ravage should be in that pic. It begs for a Human (Nemesis) class Rampage with prisoner Sam Witwicky.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  7. #4197
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Don't give orals to pros or cons, JT. It's a risk to your health.

    Meanwhile, I finally opened SeaSpray (Voyager) as I've had him since July.

    Getting Breacher was the motivation.

    Man are they awesome!

    First, SeaSpray is a great action figure alone (nevermind that he transforms).
    I've loved what Hasbro has done with the old MiniBots, turning them into great Voyager figures (and in some cases like BumbleBee, Deluxes albeit he's a Camaro instead of a bug, now, save for the other toy lines I don't collect).

    But first Powerglide and now SeaSpray! Both are great toys!

    Breacher was difficult to transform for me (because I was trying to follow the instructions). Once I just went with my intuition, I converted him just fine. He fits great onto SeaSpray and adds even more firepower to the hovercraft. (Mine's combined, attacking Devastator!)

    Now Hasbro needs to do Beachcomber - probably as a Legends for the best size (if they hadn't already done him). I bought Legends Hound (though I loved the Deluxe Hound that I saw in the stores from Generations a year or two back).

    Anyway, there's nothing on my Transformers buying list right now except for a 4-pack with LEGENDS Ironhide, Ratchet, Bonecrusher, and Brawl. I don't know when that's coming out or if it's been released.

    I've since added Mudflap and the Agent Simmons figure to my Human Alliance scene (and I don't remember if he's in there or not in the pictures I recently posted, but also Captain Lennox who came with HA Jazz). Legends Ravage should be in that pic. It begs for a Human (Nemesis) class Rampage with prisoner Sam Witwicky.
    Tycho - they already released a legends class Beachcomber. The mold was just re-released as "Sandstorm" along with another Legends Hound.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  8. #4198
    On a side note, re-watching the old episodes on The Hub has taught me something: If Transformers weren't awesome toys, and there hadn't been a far more awesome comic book with the same characters, that cartoon would've bombed since it sucked some pretty serious eggs. I'm not saying I don't like it, but it really is a mediocre cartoon with some majorly lazy shortcuts in animation and storytelling.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  9. #4199
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm not saying I don't like it, but it really is a mediocre cartoon with some majorly lazy shortcuts in animation and storytelling.
    Yes, but as a kid, you might have thought it was just perfect - like me. I used to rush home from school to watch it.


    And thanks ChaddyMac. I'll have to look for it and see if I want that. Scout Class DuneRunner seems to be serving the purpose in my big Devastator scene.

    If DuneRunner is some kind of Humvee desert dunebuggy, he might be larger than the tiny Legends Class Jeep that's Hound. Then I have Deluxe Class Desert Brawl (as just a military tank) and Voyager Class SeaSpray carrying Breacher. Definitely, the Super Devastator is the one offscale most-likely, if you break him down to his component vehicles. But the Legends Devastator would never be able to hold Mudflap and Skids (Legends).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  10. #4200
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    On a side note, re-watching the old episodes on The Hub has taught me something: If Transformers weren't awesome toys, and there hadn't been a far more awesome comic book with the same characters, that cartoon would've bombed since it sucked some pretty serious eggs. I'm not saying I don't like it, but it really is a mediocre cartoon with some majorly lazy shortcuts in animation and storytelling.
    It was a 1980s kids show, it was pretty much the pinnacle at the time. There wasn't as much money involved back then, toys weren't as big a business, and kids advertising was just coming off being very restrained, and advertising in general didn't cost so much.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO