Page 426 of 595 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 5945
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    What time and channel does the new transformers air?
    I don't have cable, so I can't tell you the when. If I'm not mistaken though the channel should be "The Hub" (formerly "Discovery Kids").
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Transformers: Prime starts on Monday night (not sure of the time), and GIJoe: Renegades starts next Friday night on The Hub. (If you had Discovery Kids, it should still be the same channel number.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I got Terradive. Interesting figure, I like the svelte profile, not a lot of undercarriage junk hanging down, but on the other hand, the view from underneath is pretty mediocre. The colors and plastic feel a bit knockoffy to me, but the design and sculpt are solid work. The transformation is interesting, complex, and perhaps a bit fragile. Bot mode is interesting, not a lot of wings which is a good change. The weapon is a long, very thin spear-into-trident which isn't terribly threatening, but is a decent style choice.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    And I opened Dirge. Aside from a serious paint chip on his chest (which was not visible in the package), he's as awesome as I expect a Seeker to be. I need Thundercracker and Sunstorm and that purple dude and my collection will be complete. (Did the purple dude ever get a name? Rainstorm, maybe, since that trio seems to have a fetish for names with "Storm" in them.)
    Sunstorm is not the yellow Rainmaker, according to Hasbro. The blue and yellow Rainmakers haven't been named yet, only the green one has a name, Acid Storm.

I picked up Dirge on Tuesday, he's alright, definitely the most garish of the bunch, but blame the original for that. I am growing really cold on this Starscream mold though, the last year of Classics has been raising the bar on design and that mold feels so outdated. But it is cool to be 1 step away from completing the Seekers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Pictures of the Megatron and Optimus Prime figures from this Happy Meal set are out now. If my math is correct these should start showing up at McDonalds on Black Friday. Below is the list of figures supposedly in the set.

• Optimus Prime
    • Megatron
    • Bumblebee
    • Starscream
    • Ironhide
    • Grindor/Blackout
    I am utterly confounded, these come out the same day as the new cartoon but they're FROM THE MOVIE THAT'S ALREADY BEEN OUT ON DVD FOR A WHILE?!? STUPID!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Hard to say. The McDonalds site is simply promoting these (thus far in the "upcoming" toys section) generically as just "Transformers". All of the discussions I've seen at this point on TF websites also appear to be stumped at this point. Did find some poor quality pics of Megatron/Optimus and the other characters though while searching. Below are the poor quality pictures of the remaining figures (I'll edit my above post to include the poor quality Megatron and Optimus pictures).
    Those are DEFINITELY from the movie, they're all movie designs, not even close to the Prime designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    What time and channel does the new transformers air?
    The Hub (formerly Discovery Kids), starts airing on Nov 26th, then a few more episodes on the 29th I think, then... more waiting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still love the Classics seeker design. How would you improve on it? Or are you just anxious for more new molds?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I just want more. I agree with JT that Dirge is a bit weird-looking, but it's not a flaw in the figure. I could never figure out why they essentially made Thundercracker with wooden wings back in the day. (The conehead bit wasn't part of the original figure, though it was easy to mis-transform them that way.)

Pretty odd that he's not Sunstorm, JT. Wasn't the name "Sunstorm" made up for that yellow "Rainmaker" Seeker? And the green one is "Acid Storm." Bizarre.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Pretty odd that he's not Sunstorm, JT. Wasn't the name "Sunstorm" made up for that yellow "Rainmaker" Seeker? And the green one is "Acid Storm." Bizarre.
    That's what I always thought.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I still love the Classics seeker design. How would you improve on it? Or are you just anxious for more new molds?
    How would I improve on it? First off, this crap with the conehead Seekers having their faces visible in vehicle mode has to go, that is just lazy design. I have a real problem with the underside of the vehicle mode being just a hollow robot chest, the chest would need to be formed another way. The legs are also extremely lazy and plain, the boots are wobbly as well, so there'd be something added to the foot design and the transformation. The wings don't have good clearance with the blasters attached to the arms, that would need to be addressed (probably via a better wing hinge that can fold back to accommodate instead of just plopping down). The landing gear is pretty mediocre, might as well address that. I'd make the undersides of the wings a little better looking. And I'd slim down their missiles and missile launchers a little, they're kinda awkward. If I could budget it, I'd add better articulation as well. I'd give the coneheads different launchers (Ramjet is the only one who has them in the Classics line). And Starscream needs a new paint job, the first one has the awful milky gray plastic head problem, the second one is a bit over the top in bright coloring.

No, there was an orangey-yellow and white Seeker in the original first episode (the yellow Rainmaker is all yellow) that a Japanese fan latched onto, eventually he was hired in an official capacity and created the Sunstorm name and character for an e-hobby exclusive set, which then got carried into the Dreamwave comic series and history.

The name "Acid Storm" was forced upon the character because the original name for the toy was going to be "Rainmaker" and when that didn't pass the legal team's approval, "Acid Rain" which also didn't pass legal.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ah. I figured they were the same guy, what with all the insane number of miscolorations in the Sunbow cartoon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Those are DEFINITELY from the movie, they're all movie designs, not even close to the Prime designs.
    What I meant was maybe those toys are supposed to be based on Prime, but they are based on an earlier design concept for Prime (sort of like that BK Russ Cargill toy was based on his early artist conception, which can be seen in deleted scenes). From what I've seen of the Prime characters like Optimus, Bumblebee, an all silver Starscream, etc., they are different from their movie counterparts. But they also appear to be at least loosely inspired by their movie appearances. Maybe early into the show's conception the Prime characters even more closely resembled their movie counterparts than they do now in the final product. It would be safe to reason then that changing a toy mold would be harder to do within the given time frame before the start of a Happy Meal promo for the TF Prime premiere than it would be to change character's appearance in the TF Prime show itself.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Given the total lack of cross-promotion on both Prime and GIJoe: Renegades, I think it's just more likely that the figures are based on Revenge of the Balls--I mean, Fallen.
    Tommy, close your eyes.