Page 436 of 578 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 5779
  1. #4351
    so I've been on a Transformers kick lately and have made a couple of purchases within the last 2 weeks.

    Combiners Series Bombshock with Comboticons - love the new redesigned look of the combiner robot... it's no Bruticus but it's still way cool. Bombshock is a nice addition as well.

    Scout Class Breacher and Oil Pan - again nice looking vehicles but Breacher is amazing as both a APC and a Robot. Oil Pan is okay is robo form but better in vehicle mode.

    Generations Optimus Prime - not as hard to transform as Bumblebee was but a nice Prime to add to the Prime Shine. I'm thinking of investing in another so that I can display both in Vehicle mode as well as Robot Mode.

    and I recently purchased a series of WST combiners... I got Devastator, Defensor, Bruticus, Menasor (combination of the stunticons and the technobots), Six-Liner, Six-Wing, Superion, Landcross, Six-Builder and Lion Kaser. they look really neat and they transform the same way as the orignal G1 versions did. they are a little larger then the WST scale but about 2 sizes smaller then the G1 versions. still they are a nice addition to the ever growing Transformers collection.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

  2. #4352
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    so I've been on a Transformers kick lately and have made a couple of purchases within the last 2 weeks.

    Combiners Series Bombshock with Comboticons - love the new redesigned look of the combiner robot... it's no Bruticus but it's still way cool. Bombshock is a nice addition as well.

    Scout Class Breacher and Oil Pan - again nice looking vehicles but Breacher is amazing as both a APC and a Robot. Oil Pan is okay is robo form but better in vehicle mode.

    Generations Optimus Prime - not as hard to transform as Bumblebee was but a nice Prime to add to the Prime Shine. I'm thinking of investing in another so that I can display both in Vehicle mode as well as Robot Mode.

    and I recently purchased a series of WST combiners... I got Devastator, Defensor, Bruticus, Menasor (combination of the stunticons and the technobots), Six-Liner, Six-Wing, Superion, Landcross, Six-Builder and Lion Kaser. they look really neat and they transform the same way as the orignal G1 versions did. they are a little larger then the WST scale but about 2 sizes smaller then the G1 versions. still they are a nice addition to the ever growing Transformers collection.
    I've never heard of these WST combiners. Do you have any pics? Where did you get them?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

  3. #4353
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I've never heard of these WST combiners. Do you have any pics? Where did you get them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I've never heard of these WST combiners. Do you have any pics? Where did you get them?
    they are Japanese knockoffs of the Combiners series of Robots. they are okay and roughly in scale with the WST Transformers. I'll try to take some pics of them tonight and see if I can post them on the site.

    the plastic on these is real cheap so the connectors some time break off. as such i already have to fix Menasor and Six-Wing.

    also finally got around to transforming Skids and Mudflap as the Ice Cream Truck. it's a neat little set. I got one back over a year ago and didn't get a chance to sit down and check it out. finally took it off the shelf yesterday afternoon and decided to play around with it without using the directions.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

  4. #4354
    I've been finding Perceptor (kind of really cool, but I don't need to buy him, I think) and Deluxe Optimus Prime, Wreck-Gar, re-pack of the classics BumbleBee Deluxe, etc.

    Sergeant Kup - whom I'm after - does not appear to be shipping with them.

    My intentions are to get a Deluxe Scourge (not out yet, right?)

    The Masterpiece Rodimus Prime (not out in the US yet either, right?)

    Search for an ideal Deluxe or Voyager Galvatron (any suggestions? Or wait?)

    And look to Japanese knock-offs for specialty Voyager Springer, Deluxe Arcee, and Leader or Masterpiece Ultra Magnus (that completely transforms and doesn't just add armor like the less than stellar one we got in the 80's).

    I'd also love LC or MP sized Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Sourge, too. Hope we'll see those.

    Damned stupid Generation 1.5 got me hooked into 2 scales even. I am so weak...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  5. #4355
    Saw Wreck-Gar at two different Targets today. One each. One Target had two of the movie-styled Bumblebees (why, God, why?), and the other had the G2 update Prime (again, why, God, why, though at least I can see some appeal with this one). No sign at either store (or any other store) of the first wave.

    Still haven't seen Jazz at normal retail. Since it's been about two months since I saw him the first time, I'm worried.

    Of course, "normal retail" has gone from $9-10 to $12 in that time, so I figure I'll go to the K-Mart, where I'm sure one is still languishing at $13, and it's not such a dramatic markup.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #4356
    I've not found Jazz nor Tracks nor the most recently released waves at retail. I saw scouts on clearance at Target though and got Crankstart for $7.55.

  7. #4357
    I finally got Jazz at K-Mart. The Deluxe figures were marked as on sale for $10.99. Not sure if this is an unadvertised special for this week or a price drop. I'll crack him and Wreck-Gar open tomorrow and post some thoughts on them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  8. #4358
    They had Jazz, Wreck-Gar, Percepter, the first ever Tracks I've seen, amongst others at Target this morning. I bought a Deluxe Optimus and I'm going to track down a Deluxe BoneCrusher from the first movie for him to fight.

    There was no sign of Sergeant Kup, whom I really want, though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  9. #4359
    Opening these two at the same time is a bit of a mixed bag.

    Jazz is a massive disappointment. He seems like not a lot of effort went into designing him. Visually, he looks more like a character from Animated, with the more basic color scheme. Transformation is simple, and suffers greatly when there's nowhere to lock the upper body in place. The speaker gimmick is weak and looks pretty awful in both robot and car modes (at least the way they picture it; I found a different configuration for robot mode that doesn't look too bad). The instructions say the speakers are interchangeable and show him holding one as a gun, but I'll be damned if I could figure it out.

    Wreck-Gar is the opposite end of the spectrum. The figure is bloody awesome, and the only drawback I can see is the attachment on the back side of his battle axe.

    Trouble is, Jazz should've been among the first waves of Classics way back when, and is long overdue. He's always been one of the most beloved and important characters in the line, and for them to botch him this badly, especially when they could've simply retooled the feet on the excellent Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen mold... especially since that's how they more or less how they did it 27 years ago! Wreck-Gar, to be relatively minor and to feel like he's only being made now because several other movie figures have come out or are due soon, really shines.

    I'd say that, if you're only buying one, get Wreck-Gar. Of course, if you're buying any Transformers at all, then chances are good that you simply like Jazz more as a character.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  10. #4360
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Opening these two at the same time is a bit of a mixed bag.

    Jazz is a massive disappointment. He seems like not a lot of effort went into designing him. Visually, he looks more like a character from Animated, with the more basic color scheme. Transformation is simple, and suffers greatly when there's nowhere to lock the upper body in place. The speaker gimmick is weak and looks pretty awful in both robot and car modes (at least the way they picture it; I found a different configuration for robot mode that doesn't look too bad). The instructions say the speakers are interchangeable and show him holding one as a gun, but I'll be damned if I could figure it out.
    Jazz's transformation isn't especially simple IMO, it's based on the original transformation but the lower legs rotating around gives it something to do IMO.

    The speakers clip onto the barrel of the gun, that's what you were seeing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO