Page 439 of 582 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 5813
    Perceptor is now mine as I found one at Target this morning. I ordered Kup and Scourge from HTS yesterday so I guess I'm caught up for the time being.

Aren't Thundercracker, Grapple, and Wheeljack out, with Warpath soon to follow?

How tough would it be to get a Target exclusive Revenge of the Fallen Shadow Striker? I didn't see too many on eBay, and have no interest in the Bumblebee. However, I opened Kup this morning and watched the movie with my daughter this afternoon, and, well, if Hasbro isn't going to re-release Wheelie, I might just have to buy one and paint it myself. Shadow Striker looks to be considerably cheaper, even getting the full set, than getting Wheelie. It's just, like I said, I have no interest in the Bumblebee and don't want to give it to my kids, since that might make them question my telling them that the live-action movies are bad. (I'm more concerned with them watching movies with gratuitous nut shots, leg humping, and masturbation jokes than anything else, no matter how much I hate those movies.)

Kup, by the way, is one of the nicest Transformers figures I've seen. Some minor kibble issues, but the fact that he can be posed in a variety of positions and remain balanced is a major plus. I can just imagine him telling my Classics Optimus Prime that, at his age, he feels like a piece of ****. (Look it up on YouTube if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

I just have no clue who the repaint head could be. Gears, maybe? Trailbreaker? The mold could actually work for Arcee, but the head in the instructions is definitely not her.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

OK. I need:

Ultra Magnus - a good, poseable figure - probably that darn City Commander custom kit figure. I guess he's to scale with Deluxe Kup and Blurr? (Maybe)

If there is another, smaller Ultra Magnus, he can go with my Deluxe Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Rodimus figures.

Rodimus Prime - masterpiece, to go with the above figures.

Cyclonus, Galvatron, Scourge (Leader Class or Masterpiece) - un-maid, unannounced, as of yet.

These are my most-wanted Transformers.

Along with Leader Class Blackout.

I will be buying the Leader Class Ironhide. I think he will be on scale with a Human Alliance Jazz. Maybe I'll buy an extra Human Alliance Barricade for them to fight?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I can just imagine him telling my Classics Optimus Prime that, at his age, he feels like a piece of ****.
    That is a great clip. "From now on, you will be piece of **** "
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Kup arrived from HTS today.

I've seen listings on HTS for Thundercracker and Wheeljack but they're "out of stock" so I'm not sure if they were ever in stock in the first place or if they're there just as placeholders on the page.

Placeholders, as with Windcharger.

I got Kup from HTS yesterday, and my RTS Lugnut from the same order just shipped right now.

Kup is an oddity, the vehicle mode is nice but way lacking in paint to highlight its sculpt. It's not much of a throwback to the G1 alt mode, but it's got charm. Transformation is a tad odd and can be frustrating, especially back to alt mode when the spring-loaded chest elements don't cooperate. Bot mode is nice but the face is a really odd expression, the limbs aren't as thick as Kup's should be, and the shoulders are a mess. Still, some good stuff here, and the base deco is a great nostalgic color.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tranformers Generations...Where are they?

I have not seen any new Tranformers in any of the major retailers since January. We have plenty of Revenge of the Fallen crap, but I would really like to finish out my Generations.

I have found nothing new since I stumbled across Jazz and Tracks at Kohl's by accident.

Does anyone know what the deal is?

A large part of the problem is that the "Reveal the Shield" figures share an assortment number (?) with the same Revenge of the Fallen garbage that's been rotting for well over a year. What retailer is going to order new stuff when stuff with the same stock number didn't sell?

They also seem to have put quite a bit more faith in their War For Cybertron figures than actually panned out. I've seen some of the newer figures, but, mostly, it's WFC Prime, WFC Bumblebee, WFC Megatron, and WFC Cliffjumper. (Soundwave seems to sell better, probably because they never released a "normal" Soundwave.) Then there are figures that most folks aren't familiar with (Straxxus/Darkmount, Skullgrin, and Thunderwing--I love 'em all, but they weren't exactly released at the height of TF popularity back in the day), and that bizarre "Classics Bumblebee with movie paint scheme." That Bumblebee, the more obscure figures, and the WFC figures are the vast majority of what I see. (Of the newer figures, G2 Laser Prime appears to be poised to move into that territory if they ever ship enough of him.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I still haven't found Wreck-Gar, Thundercracker, Scourge, Wheeljack, and now one of the other sites is reporting that the basic assortment, already released in Canada, Windcharger and Rumble, have been canceled in the US due to the big retailers not ordering. Hasbro got too ahead of the market in '10 with Movie/RTS, Generations, PCC, the kiddie lines, and Legends and Basics fighting for space on pegs. Now we're left with a disastrous mess.

I received RTS Lugnut from Hasbrotoyshop last week. It's an interesting figure, at first it's like "wtf?!?" because it's mistransformed and parts are floppy, but correctly transformed it's not too floppy (the shoulders dislodge a little too easily) and pretty interesting. Bot mode is pretty beefy, a tad kibbly behind the head and on the back, but fairly decent otherwise. The articulation is an oddball, but works with some thought, and the fact that the arms are made out of the wings is most impressive. Unfortunately, the singular weapon is the lamest, most tacked-on piece of junk ever, just a crappy missile-launcher flipping out of his back, nowhere near as good as the battle mace of the Animated figure. This non-animated version doesn't have giant bombs for hands, instead he has 2 large flat fingers and a large thumb on large forearms which spring forward to punch of kill everything (the instructions and packaging are totally ignorant of this, they think it's for transformation ). Oh, and oddly, this figure suffers basically the same problem with the chest-window-split as the original, only here it's rubbery so it's a little more annoying. Transformation is interesting. Alt mode is ok, but exceptionally wide at the wings with lots of detail, while the body ends up a tad sloppy on the lower midsection. Still, a nifty figure, and it grows on you over time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If I can't get Rumble, I will be very perturbed. Possibly perturbed enough to say, "Eh, I don't have a full set, so why bother actively hunting any others?" I'm serious. I'm sure a number of other folks feel the same way. Hasbro runs a pretty significant risk here. Making Wheelie, Warpath, and Cosmos nigh unavailable is one thing. Simply not releasing Rumble in America could lead to riots in the streets. I exaggerate, but not by much. They probably could've gotten away with not releasing Windcharger, but Rumble is a different story. I hope he winds up here somehow. I don't know if they do the "online shared exclusive" thing, but the aforemetioned Legends in a set with these Scouts would be a possibility that might actually excite people.

Forgot to mention a while back, but, thanks to Metalmute, I have the Rodimus vs Cyclonus comic. It's definitely a Furman story, with all that means, and fits nicely within the framework of the 1986 movie. The only weird thing is that characters are drawn with their 2011 character models (except Magnus, for some reason). I can understand why they did it, but it still seems weird to have a cut scene with totally different-looking characters.
    Tommy, close your eyes.