Page 442 of 581 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 5806
    I'm referring to their weird philosophy that they have to push "core characters." It's a bit more noticeable with the Joes, where they have crap-tons of Arctic Destros everywhere, because adults are burnt the heck out with Destro and Duke. But insisting on so heavily pushing the WFC Prime and Bumblebee, as well as that weird b*****d movie/Classics Bumblebee repaint, there'd be more space for stuff that moves better. They should probably also consider that a character like Darkmount, who was a comics-only character with two whole issues in this country, or one like Thunderwing, who was a pice of carp toy who rose to prominence very late in the comic book series, probably won't sell as much as, say, Jazz.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Fair criticism. Still, I'm not sure what the solution is. Pushing WFC Prime and Bumblebee were their best bets, since the figures were supported by the video game. I wish their gamble had paid off, because it would have meant greater support for the line in general. Unfortunately, I fear that the economic realities of our hobby mean we either prepare to pay way more than we want to for these figures, or we accept the next forms of entertainment as the future of the line. No more classics.

Dark, dark days ahead.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I went ahead and purchased a case from BBTS. Between my buddy and myself we needed every character in the case: Wheeljack, Thundercracker, and Warpath - 2 each & 1 of Kup & Scourge.

The whole situation is disgusting, and a big turnoff to the collecting hobby. Right now, I'm in my new place with zero figures, and Hasbro is making it WAY too tempting to keep it that way. 1 new mold per case on basics is the very essence of mismanagement and greed, expecting US COLLECTORS to continue to float their mistakes!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Did they announce a resurrection of the TF Q&A as well, or is it still MIA, presumed dead?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Did they announce a resurrection of the TF Q&A as well, or is it still MIA, presumed dead?
    I totally forgot about that. It's been so long since we got any answers. Heck, it's been a while since the Star Wars Q&A. Was it officially killed, or just suggested so?

As far as I know, they haven't. I haven't gotten anything to my site, but Hasbro's PR people are still in contact about other TF matters. Steve hasn't said anything, and none of the big TF sites have either. So I think either it's being reworked or killed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Too bad; this fiasco would be ripe for questioning.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Too bad; this fiasco would be ripe for questioning.
    Perhaps that's not a coincidence.

Registered
    Northern Virginia, in toy hell. Nothing good here.
    I'm thinking it's not. They are so dead-set on pushing these "movie toys" that they simply don't care about these RTS/Generations/Classics figures anymore, some of whom I heard about over a YEAR ago.

I'm not in the toy industry at all but I'd love to know why things are announced and it takes forever for us to get them, and THEN in incredibly limited quantities. It's almost enough to make me give up on this type of collecting altogether. Boycotting the movie toys doesn't help, since plenty of people are going to buy them so it just ends up being me going without.