Page 456 of 596 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 5956
    Perhaps the dog figure (Steeljaw) could be posed eating a scaled human figure that resembles Michael Bay?

I heard about Leadfoot's problems from my scalper-friend since he's also a collector and opens his personal toys. He said the same thing about the chest, JT - good review though. So thanks.

I am still going to pursue 2 of these figures however. I like the Wreckers and I think the cars with numbers on them remind me of the G1 days with Smokescreen, Jazz, Wheeljack (?), and others who had racing numbers on them. That's probably why I like them - and I've occasionally been to some NASCAR races. There's some exhilleration to it that I can identify with.

So I'm looking to get all 3 Wreckers in all reasonable sizes:

Cyberverse - just needs Roadbuster (confirmed for release soon)

Deluxe - Leadfoot confirmed - in some Target exclusive 2-pack with Twin-Twist (EU) I think

Human Alliance - Target Exclusive Leadfoot, Top Spin's status here unknown (but I'd want him for sure)

Hopefully, if Hasbro makes a HA TopSpin, it will warrant a better review.

BTW, I've seen my scalper-friend's Leadfoot and I think they way the designers tried to put the front wheels together in the robot's chest, sort of like how the Batpod transforms, is actually a pretty decent attempt at something new and creative. That they attempted something other than the routine transformation can still be commended.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Two different things:

1) Found Windcharger again last night at Ross. No Grapples, just the Scout-class figures.

2) If I still have seen absolutely no trace of Rodimus Prime, should I start worrying? I'm thinking no; all the TRU exclusives have hung around for a bit here (even Animated Arcee wasn't hard to find with some persistence, a fact that now makes me regret not picking up extras to help some folks out). Even as awesome as Grimlock was, I think the price tag made him last a while... and I have a feeling most collectors (no kids biting on this one, I suspect) want Grimlock a lot more than Rodimus.

Windcharger, yay! You know I'm down!

Surprised you didn't buy the PCCs at all, they do suck though.

I found 3 HA Leadfoots the other day, stashed one of them and then my grandma went into the hospital so I forgot all about it. I haven't decided if I'm going to return the defective one I got and replace it just because I can, or if I'm going to just take the cash.

Steeljaw has an opening mouth, but it has a permanent goofy tongue hanging out of it and a ridiculously cartoony expression.

Leadfoot is so very bad, I can't picture them making Topspin in HA, especially with the best one, Roadbuster, selling slowly right now.

I have my defective Leadfoot holding Steeljaw's leash, but it connects to Sgt Detour's back so he's now the prisoner.

BTW, both Leadfoot and Roadbuster sport a holographic, numbered NASCAR sticker to confirm that they are genuine licensed NASCAR product. How ironic is it that NASCAR has expensive anti-bootlegging stickers for their official products when the entire sport started with bootleggers racing from the cops?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got the Huffer PCC when he first came out. He's decent enough as a small Transformer (though I wish the second head looked better; it's not too disproportionate in terms of size and looks much nicer than the small head, but it's just positioned oddly when the figure doesn't have his add-ons).

Like I said, one of my cousins got a set (the early Combaticon set, IIRC), and I helped him open it. The gimmick is lousy. I'm not against the idea of non-transforming drones snapping onto the central figure, but it didn't stay together and was about as poseable as one of my original 1980s Transformers. Not worth even the $13 I saw them at Marshall's for. For a few dollars less, I'd consider getting them.

I have a bunch of the first 2 waves, got them when they were on sale. They are crummy, I agree, and Huffer is one of the least offensive. But if you saw the Dinobots and Constructions on sale, I am pretty surprised you didn't partake, you are a G1 kind of fellow.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I picked up HA Leadfoot but have not opened it yet. If it really is that bad, at least I can still return it

I've seen no trace whatsoever of Masterpiece Rodimus

There were three Masterpiece Rodimus at my TRU last week. Based on past Masterpiece projections, I expect them to sit for a while.
    Grimlock was there for months until they clearenced them.

Ultimate Optimus Prime is making it's rounds as well. Not too sure on this one.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The local WM has a big outdoor toy clearance going on. Of all the shelfwarmers from various lines, the only Hasbro figures they put on clearance were the Rescue Heroes, which have been out a whole, what, month?

For $5, I seriously considered getting Prime. If any of the three are still there next time I go, I probably won't be able to resist. He's so darned cute!

I remember Grimlock took a long time to be findable after Comic-Con, and then trickled out, then finally sat. I suspect Roddy will do the same, but he is a few bucks cheaper, I think.

Ultimate OP looks really bad from all the reviews I've seen.

WM is weird about clearancing, I bought a Superman figure that they got in less than a week before, but at every other store it wasn't clearanced. It was up to the individual store's toy section manager to determine what went on clearance, and for how much off it could be (they are given a new clearance budget once a week, I believe, which makes new clearances and new clearance prices every Friday - my local WM has clearance tags on stuff for FULL PRICE to avoid eating into their budget).

I liked the Rescue Heroes I played with at Botcon, but I have read BRUTAL reviews of OP and Bumblebee.

A head's up for anybody hunting for the Transformers Masterpiece Rodimus - a buddy of mine in Florida said they just started showing up in his neck of the woods, en masse, at $59.99 (laaaame! $10 price hike) and that the joint where the hood meets the headlights at a small U shape, half of the ones he's seen so far have had this joint showing significant stress marks. So keep an eye out.

Thanks to Chux for getting me a Windcharger after I had given up. It's a nifty little figure, nothing super awesome, just nice color and sculpt. Not exactly perfect on the head, but good enough.