Page 460 of 585 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 5849
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I already arranged for one to be ordered as my Christmas present. Thanks, though.

(And when I said I wanted to see it in person, I meant more that, for that price, I'd rather pick the one with the best paint application out of several. Ain't gonna happen that way. Oh well.)
    Nicely done.

Oh, I see. Yeah, you don't get a choice - you might get stress marks on the waist armor joints, you might not, it's one of the most annoying things about rare TFs with such a dodgy QC department on Hasbro's line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got Blurr (my 2nd one) off eBay and he arrived today.

Very nice figure! I love how his guns store in holsters in what were his car doors!

I also opened Kup finally and I transformed him. He looks better than Blurr, but he's actually not the nicer of the two figures.

I do mean to display these 2 in robot mode with MP Rodimus, but I've settled on placing the two deluxe car characters on pedastools in the display somehow (or fake terrain parts) to increase their height a little next to Rodimus - who should be taller as he's not Hot Rod in this scene.

To complete it, I am holding out for MP or LC Galvatron and Cyclonus - possibly a Scourge figure. I didn't think about this the other day when I saw another Deluxe (satellite) Soundwave, from ROTF, but I think I could use him in the scene, too - maybe.

I only own one Satelite Soundwave and plan on buying 2 of each for HA, DL, and Cy from the Mercedes version in DOTM.

Another Satelite figure could be cool - this one to display in robot mode.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Rodimus arrived about a week ago. Despite the promise of getting him here within three days, it took over a week. Eh, shipping was free, so who can complain?

The box was tossed into a shipping box (with a toy for Baby Chux that we'd added on to get the free shipping) without padding. So it was dinged up a bit. The window was also creased pretty badly, and there were multiple stickers--some of them, no joke, Post-It Notes with some sort of internal message on them--affixed to the front. That sort of unprofessionalism was a bit of a shocker from a major store, even one with as spotty a shipping history as TRU.

I got an invitation for a survey, and made sure to tell them that, when they're selling $70 exclusives geared toward grownups that they apparently didn't ship to their stores in sufficient numbers, 99% of their customers would have returned that mofo immediately. Mrs Chux theorized they were shipping any damaged stock out first, knowing there was a strong chance of getting returns they'd have to replace with the undamaged ones, just to get the damaged ones into the hands of some people who wouldn't mind, but with the potentially massive shipping costs they'd have to eat, that doesn't make sense to me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I picked up my first TF's in a few months...Cyberverse Guzzle and Deluxe Darksteel.

Post it notes??? Unbelievable!

I haven't been able to find Guzzle.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's so weird how TRU has this duality towards collectors - they try to cater to them all year round, yet they miss the mark in product selection and in stocking so badly most of the time. Then they pull that sort of "ruin the collectible in shipping" crap after jacking up prices to snare collectors, as well as insisting to the manufacturer that they get quality collector-friendly packaging. You see it in the way their employees deal with collectors on the floor too. The whole thing is a confusing mess.

How is Darksteel? I saw him at Burbank Target when I got Air Raid the Strange, but the colors put me off, and I'm not a huge fan of the mold since I bought Sideswipe. But I got the feeling then and there that I might be a little unfair, and ultimately the only thing that kept me from buying anyway is the weak selection of repurposed accessories.

Guzzle has been hard to find, as well as Legion-size Flak. Both aren't really worth the trouble, they're "ok" but not worth the money.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I find Flak all the time.

I just got Guzzle and saw 2, bought 1, at Wal-Mart last night.

I've opened Flak but haven't gotten to Guzzle. Give me a few minutes as I plan to look at him this morning.

In any event, I wanted a Decepticon tank, so I won't be using him in robot mode. Hence, I only bought 1.

Cyberverse I'd like made:

Movie 1:

Megatron as Commander Jet
    Starscream as Commander Jet
    Barricade in black (include Frenzy mini boombox as prop)
    Bonecrusher as Commander
    Brawl (just repaint Guzzle)

Jazz Cyberverse Legion

Movie 2:

Megatron as Commander Tank

I think that's all they need to do. The Legends stuff from ROTF could be re-released as Cyberverse to get Devastator, etc.

Maybe Sideswipe needs a hardtop and Sideways a Legion figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I find Flak all the time.
    Literally the first time I saw Flak was last week, the figure has been out for months, and I've been looking dutifully. It's quite rare up here.

I just got Guzzle and saw 2, bought 1, at Wal-Mart last night.

I've opened Flak but haven't gotten to Guzzle. Give me a few minutes as I plan to look at him this morning.

In any event, I wanted a Decepticon tank, so I won't be using him in robot mode. Hence, I only bought 1.
    I don't think Guzzle looks much like an Autobot in robot mode, aside from the faction logo of course.

I think Hasbro has run-aground with Cyberverse Commander line, the new guy from the SW design team convinced them to take a chance on the concept of 4" Transformers collectible like SW, but Hasbro didn't plan out even half a year's worth of product, and now it's languishing as it waits for Prime to pick it back up next year.

I think with the economy being the way it is, the Cyberverse line, as well as even the small SW Transformers (though I don't know anyone who buys them myself) is a smart way to go.

The action-figure play pattern is well established, and reducing the price point for Transformers for more kids to get into it was a good move.

$6-9 Transformers that actually do something is a much better value than for what you get from Star Wars figures, wouldn't you agree?

Hey, the Junkion mold includes two posts in the robot mode's butt that snap into two slots in the seat of the motorcycle! Also pegs and holds in the sides of the bike and legs of the robot that don't quite line up.

Junkheap does have a new head after all. It's too bad, really--I doubt anyone will buy him except collectors, and every collector will display Wreck-Gar sitting on him, so no one will ever notice the head.
    Tommy, close your eyes.