Page 473 of 578 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 5772
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

What about the paint, or rather lack of paint, issue? The US release's paint has kept me from hunting it down so far.
    I thought it was the Takara version that had the lack of paint apps? Anyhow, I forgot to mention about Ratchet's extremely rubbery weapons and we're talking pencil eraser rubbery. I dearly hope that doesn't become the norm for future TFP toys.

Also, I picked up Tailpipe from Ross for $5.99.

I kind of like the rubbery weapons. They keep their shape pretty well. I like Wheeljack's swords, though, too. I dunno. For the most part, case assortment and distribution are the things I want to complain about with this line.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I thought it was the Takara version that had the lack of paint apps? Anyhow, I forgot to mention about Ratchet's extremely rubbery weapons and we're talking pencil eraser rubbery. I dearly hope that doesn't become the norm for future TFP toys.
    Takara intentionally lacks paint apps, instead including stickers and a micron figure as a kit. But the stickers at least give him more of a deco.

Also, I picked up Tailpipe from Ross for $5.99.
    Nice get. I got him from HTS a while back full price, didn't regret it unlike Drag Strip. What do you think of the set? It's got a mini-bot weapon guy. I think a repaint with a new head would have been worth getting.

So, Chaddy let me check out his MP-10 Optimus set, and it's very nice, in a lot of ways it's better than MP-1, although it doesn't have quite as many features as that figure. If it were a hundred less, there'd be no question I'd buy it, but at $250 it's still too hard a pill for me to swallow since it feels somewhat similar to the THS-02 Hybrid set just at 3 times the size. I do wonder however why the US lines aren't seeing anything remotely as good as that MP-10 figure - when MP-1 came out you could see that it elevated the lines around it, but I'm not seeing much of anything like that from the line right now.

He also detailed his MP-11 Starscream (his was not available at the time) and I tracked down photos, it looks like a really good remold. The price makes me hope Hasbro will release that mold in the US, but if I didn't already have the original MP-3 Starscream I'd probably get the Takara MP-11 one right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Botcon highlights:
    SDCC exclusive Zombie Cliffjumper using FE body but not ugly paint like the Takara version. Will ship in a box shaped like his zombie torso, and a blister pack shaped like his zombie head, put them together to get his torso.

SDCC exclusive Fall of Cybertron Bruticus in game-accurate colors. This is devious, and I will be there to partake, as the mainline paint is soooooooo ugly.

MP-10 Optimus Prime is getting a US release with his trailer and Spike! It'll be a TRU exclusive, I don't think there was word on pricepoint. Paint will be themed after TFTM.

Fall of Cybertron is getting a Voyager-class Soundwave with data disc partners, Frenzy, Laserbeak, and Rumble (although wording is confusing, it could be that only Laserbeak comes with Soundwave and the other 2 are sold separately).

FOC also is getting dlx Starscream, Kickback (the Insecticon), and Sideswipe.

TF Fan Club is getting its own exclusive figure subscription service, including Dlx Laser Prime as Scourge.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Also Ravage. Laserbeak is coming with Soundwave. Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy and Ratbat will be released in 2 packs (don't know who goes with whom).

Thanks for the correction, I actually meant Ravage when I wrote "Rumble".

The way they presented the data disc 2-packs as "Legends" was confusing in the articles I read, I doubt they'll be Legends/Legion pricepoint 2-packs or even single packs as these designs look too detailed and complex in design for that pricepoint. The Tformers article says it's Buzzsaw with Ravage, and Frenzy with Ratbat. TFW mentioned that the figure will be repainted as Soundblaster and will get a repainted disc character.

I don't really need a one episode wonder like Terrorcon Zombie Cliffjumper in my TFP collection but since that seems to be the best way to land the FE CJ mold, I guess I'm down for one.

I bought TFP Knock Out, Bulkhead and Starscream (Voyagers) over the weekend. Originally was going to pass on SS but he looked pretty good in the TFP toy diorama that's in Universal's Transformers ride, which btw is soooooo awesome! The most egregiously unbearable elements of the Bayformer films are not in the ride. The 3-D works so much better than on Star Tours and the action never lets up. Without giving up too much away, when the Megatron projection punches your Evac vehicle, you really feel it!

Btw JT, there's no sign of the Evac toys but I'll let you know when I finally have one for you. They're going to be around $20 before discount as that's what their deluxes are priced at. The scary thing is I just saw TFP deluxes at TRU at $16.49 so twenty isn't that much of a markup.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I found TFP deluxe wave 3 remnants at a few Targets over the weekend...bought Knock Out, passed on Hot Shot, didn't see any Vehicons

Also saw wave 2 of the voyagers - Bulkhead and Starscream and bought both

And the funny thing about wave 2 of the Legions is that I've seen about 5 Evacs but haven't seen Breakdown or Mirage or the Soundwave repaint.

Oh and for good measure, wave 2 of the commanders - Dreadwing and Ironhide is starting to show up at retail.

The TF ride at Universal is really awesome, btw.
    What do you think of Bulkhead and Starscream?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    What do you think of Bulkhead and Starscream?
    Haven't opened up SS yet. Bulkhead is okay, the alt mode reminds me of Reveal the Shield Perceptor. Bot mode looks great except for the exposed sides which may not be that big of a deal but Voyager TFA Bulkhead (whom I had been using as a placeholder in my TFP display) manages to not have that problem.

Overall, I would recommend

They appear to be making up for the relative lack of War for Cybertron figures with a plethora of Fall of Cybertron figures. Wonder if they'll all get released or too many Primes will ship and clog shelves?

Bruticus is a gestalt made of Deluxe figures. Oy vey.
    Tommy, close your eyes.