Page 478 of 588 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 5875
    Darth Metalmute - get a sunglasses repair kit. They are useful for their obvious intention, but they also have extra little screws that might work on a Cyberverse - that is if the screw socket isn't stripped or weakened instead of the screw.

Actually, Lowes or Home Depot will have those screws too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thanks. I need to pick one up for my glasses, might as well kill two birds with one stone.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Have you heard all the various incarnations of FM, JT? The original lineup is closer to early Led Zeppelin than Stevie Nicks, and the Welch era was mostly pop but produced some pretty cool prog-rock numbers (I love "Hypnotized" particularly).

I have to disagree with you if you're speaking from experience--they're awesome in all versions. Even that album with Dave Mason that most fans pretend never happened.
    Yeah, I've heard the major versions, they all are grating, although Stevie Nicks era is by far the most intolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I per-ordered the green Maketoys Giant. All of those figures are around deluxe size to maybe a little smaller. The Hercules figures are deluxe to maybe a little bigger. The result is that Giant is about an inch or two shorter than Hercules. There's a really great video review series evaluating each with a compare and contrast that was on the TFW homepage earlier this week.
    It looks like more than an inch difference: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...eviews-175230/

The thing that grabs me with Herc over the MT Giant though is the way the individual figures look, the individual figures on the MT Giant don't really fit that well with the established TF look that I prefer. On the Giant, the sculpting style, the faces and the proportions on the limbs, that sort of thing, seems fairly different. Also, a couple of those figures had gaps which I don't care for, I know some fans have no problem with that, I'm a bit picky about that one though. And 2 of the vehicles had kibble trailers which means legoforming, again, I'm picky there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I'm saving up to get those, but will probably quit half way through. Probably go which ever route is cheaper. I believe the set sold in pairs goes for 100 buck a set, so three hundred total. I thought the other set was 600 total.

I picked up Cyberverse Dreadwing two weeks ago and the wing fell off. Looks like a faulty screw. I can "snap" it back in, but it cannot be played rough with. I might fix it later but since I basically just have them on display at work and only transform him when I'm board, fixing it is not on my priority list. I do think it is a very nice figure outside of that.
    Maketoys' Giant (the green set) is going for $355 to $400, the yellow sets if you can get them go for around $130 a pop which would be $390. The Hercules figures are each $100, and there's 6 of 'em, so $600 for a complete bot. It's hard not to want to save $200 on third-party stuff, I totally feel that. I'm passing on both merely because I'm cheap.

Sucks about Dreadwing, that's really odd. Does the screw not have threads? If it has threads, the problem isn't the screw, it's the screw-hole which is a different mess. You may want to write Hasbro, see what they say. They can't promise to replace the figure though, only try to replace the figure and if they can't, then change for another figure of comparable value. Or you could hold out try to buy a replacement then return this one.

Thanks. I need to pick one up for my glasses, might as well kill two birds with one stone.
    Totally different sizes, eyeglass kits have much smaller gauge screws than TFs, like half the thickness. And finding a donor screw from another Cyberverse figure is rough, I just looked at all my Commanders and Legion, most don't have screws, they have pins instead.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sucks about Dreadwing, that's really odd. Does the screw not have threads? If it has threads, the problem isn't the screw, it's the screw-hole which is a different mess.
    The screw has threads, but its hard to try to screw it in based on the location. It looks like the the initial hole opening might be to big. I can pop it in and it stays; it's tight but not sound and can easily be removed. I'm wondering if maybe the screw isn't long enough.

Thanks for the link to the third party devastator comparisons. For as much as Hercules gets right, that cement mixer just doesn't look right. The maketoys figure Devastator head is terrible.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

For awhile, Hercules could easily be had for under 600 - including shipping. I' m not familiar with recent prices though since I finished my set at Botcon. EDIT: I see that Captured Prey sells them for under 100 individually and $515 for the full set. A good deal compared to other sites.

I "accidently" bought Yellow Giant this week as well. I was picking up the Iron Army set on tfsource and they had full sets of Giant available from cancelled preorders.. I was not going to get it since I spent way too much at Botcon but I figured this may be my last chance to get the Yellow version for a decent price. So against my better judgement I went ahead and snagged it. Both sets are really great and I agree with TJ's assesment of them for the most part. (Actually talked to him quite a bit at Botcon, really cool person)

Herc is still my fav of the two though

(Wow its been a long time since I've posted here..)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The screw has threads, but its hard to try to screw it in based on the location. It looks like the the initial hole opening might be to big. I can pop it in and it stays; it's tight but not sound and can easily be removed. I'm wondering if maybe the screw isn't long enough.

Thanks for the link to the third party devastator comparisons. For as much as Hercules gets right, that cement mixer just doesn't look right. The maketoys figure Devastator head is terrible.
    Sounds like the hole is stripped, to be sure I'd suggest removing the opposite screw (I'm assuming there is one) and trying it, if it grabs then the problem is the screw, if not then the problem is the hole. It's really difficult to find a screw that's too short to get traction though, you shouldn't need to bottom it out to get it to hold. If it's the screw, you can probably track down a replacement. If it's the hole, you can use superglue on the threads but I have a feeling it won't hold even there and you'd not like your figured glued that way - superglue leaves haze on plastics from its fumes, and chews up plastic pretty bad around the area, and can even fog translucent pieces.

I'm not seeing the issue with the cement mixer shape, care to elaborate? I hadn't noticed the more generic look of the Maketoys head, I suspect they were trying to be more cautious about stomping on the Hasbro/Takara IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    For awhile, Hercules could easily be had for under 600 - including shipping. I' m not familiar with recent prices though since I finished my set at Botcon. EDIT: I see that Captured Prey sells them for under 100 individually and $515 for the full set. A good deal compared to other sites.

I "accidently" bought Yellow Giant this week as well. I was picking up the Iron Army set on tfsource and they had full sets of Giant available from cancelled preorders.. I was not going to get it since I spent way too much at Botcon but I figured this may be my last chance to get the Yellow version for a decent price. So against my better judgement I went ahead and snagged it. Both sets are really great and I agree with TJ's assesment of them for the most part. (Actually talked to him quite a bit at Botcon, really cool person)

Herc is still my fav of the two though

(Wow its been a long time since I've posted here..)
    That's a heck of an accident. I am surprised at how many folks want the yellow MT Giant when they planned to do like 5 different colors of it. I mean, I get the yellow is more realistic, but... but it's Devastator!

WB, btw.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So while some of you are discussing your high-end 3rd party pieces, I will continue to stay on the cheap end of the fandom.

Amazon had a special on the KO Ravage usb drives. I got one for $10.47 shipped. Anyone else here have one?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Amazing how all these third parties can make obvious knockoff Transformers that are better than what Hasbro makes itself, but Hasbro usually doesn't seem to give a $%^&.

I can't fathom Warner Brothers being cool with, say, IDW or Image making Batman comics that are better than Grant Morrison's and Scott Snyder's bizarre crap.

(For the record, I love both those writers on other books. I friggin' hate them both on Batman. Of course, even Larry Hama didn't get a pass from me when he wrote substandard Batman comics. Guys like Alan Grant set that bar way, way too high.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Amazing how all these third parties can make obvious knockoff Transformers that are better than what Hasbro makes itself, but Hasbro usually doesn't seem to give a $%^&.
    I don't think its a case of them not caring, its just there's not much they can do about it at this point since all of these third party groups are based in China.

Anyone thinking about going for "Hegemon?" I'm thinking about it after my finances recover a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1qwi...layer_embedded

How do you delete a post?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!