Page 484 of 580 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 5799
    Today I saw Shadow BB, Star Hammer, Energon Drill, Cyberverse Commander Nightwatch Optimus and Ultra Magnus. Only bought the latter.

Oh I also saw those movie deluxe Optimus w trailer on clearance at Target.

I posted this in the wrong thread, so I will replace it with "looks like Knock Out is becoming easier to find - saw three at North Hollywood Target yesterday, along with the usual red and yellow blur."
    Last edited by Chaddymac; 07-08-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    That's a very good and in depth review, JT. I don't have the Star Hammer yet (I have the driller w/Knockout), but have been thinking about getting it. Based on what you have said here, I will probably pick it up soon.

Speaking of Wheeljack, I think he may just be the best deluxe in the Prime line so far. Vehicon is nice, but Wheeljack has everything going for him..a great transformation, awesome alt mode, the storage of his weapons, etc. I love that figure.

I feel the same way about Dead End, since he is basically the same, just with awesome jack-o-lantern halloween colors.
    Thanks!

Wheeljack was my first TFP deluxe, so it's basically his fault I kept buying, he was good enough to convince me there's more to the line. Turns out he might have been lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Completely agree with your review JT. Definitely worth a buy if you like the cyberverse system, IMHO. And I particularly enjoy having transforming robots who pilot ships. Always have. One of the reasons I loved the Master concept.
    Right on!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Today I saw Shadow BB, Star Hammer, Energon Drill, Cyberverse Commander Nightwatch Optimus and Ultra Magnus. Only bought the latter.

Oh I also saw those movie deluxe Optimus w trailer on clearance at Target.
    How is UM?

Ha ha, what a surprise, those boring trailers didn't move.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I posted this in the wrong thread, so I will replace it with "looks like Knock Out is becoming easier to find - saw three at North Hollywood Target yesterday, along with the usual red and yellow blur."
    Yeah, KO is everywhere on this side of town, like 1 or 2 per store.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Any questions for Transformers team? We have a short interview with them in 2 days, but nothing yet to ask. I can come up with some, but I'd rather represent you guys. So if you have any, post 'em here:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...rvel-TF-GI-Joe

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I saw photos today of Dreadwing with his better transformation, definitely seemed more tolerable that way. Do his arms lock onto the sides of the legs/jet engines that way though, or are they just "there" via friction?
    They do peg into the legs in jet mode.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Any questions for Transformers team? We have a short interview with them in 2 days, but nothing yet to ask. I can come up with some, but I'd rather represent you guys. So if you have any, post 'em here:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...rvel-TF-GI-Joe
    ...damn. Just now saw that.

Got Zombie Cliff, Joe Shockwave, and Bruticus at SDCC, more comments coming but first tastes...

Zombie Cliff's packaging is awesome, and the blister inner package is hand-painted.

Shockwave's box is HUGE!

Bruticus is a mixed situation, some good and some not-so-good, but the instructions for each figure neglect to show you how to transform to combiner mode, only out of it. Brawl is transformed differently in Hasbro packaging and photos than he should be which greatly affects his stability. Scramble-citying works nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    They do peg into the legs in jet mode.
    Ugh, awesome, another figure Hasbro doesn't understand.

...damn. Just now saw that.
    Drat, oh well.

I picked up Terrorcon Cliffjumper at SDCC as well and am rather impressed by it. Of all the FE molds that I own (deluxe Arcee, Starscream, BB, Optimus, Megatron), I think I like Cliffjumper's mold the best. And now by comparison, the deluxe TFP CJ is even more disappointing.

Getting back to your question, JT, Cyberverse UM is okay, much better in bot mode than in alt. Truck mode utilizes the axe/cannon to cover up a gaping hole towards the back.

I passed up Shockwave/HISS so I hope JT's upcoming review doesn't make me regret it.

With Hasbro's news that the FE stuff will be back later this year, I can hold out hope that I will finally get a CJ, Optimus, and Bulkhead.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I got FE Vehicon from a friend who was traveling through Singapore. I have to say, he's a lot cooler than I thought he'd be. I don't have the RID version to compare, but he's a really awesome toy. I'm glad I have him. Maybe he can just be Makeshift when I get the RID Vehicons I pre-ordered on BBTS.

Our SDCC interview with Hasbro Transformers is up:
    http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...mers-Interview

Also, my own TF site's interview is up:
    http://www.tfviews.com/news/main/hasbro-q-and-a/1375

I just today opened up SDCC Zombie Cliffjumper. The packaging is so good I knew the item inside couldn't live up to that, the light pours through the clamshell's hand-painted face in the eyes and mouth and open wounds, it's so cool. The figure itself is alright, it's much better than the RID version but the mold is panel-esque and fiddly, although it's also clever in some ways. The head looks good, the light-piping doesn't work in natural light, it needs a flashlight to push through the VERY purple lighting, which is odd because the chest doesn't have that same problem despite being the same plastic - I think it's the smaller path that's bent. Paint is good, transformation is cool, chest is hollow from the side. All in all, outstanding packaging, fair figure.