Page 488 of 578 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 5772
    Did you figure it out, JT? You're right - the instructions are totally for the original. Doesn't not have any of the new arm/leg transform stuff that can be a hair complicated and was the whole reason updating the mold made sense.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Did you figure it out, JT? You're right - the instructions are totally for the original. Doesn't not have any of the new arm/leg transform stuff that can be a hair complicated and was the whole reason updating the mold made sense.
    Step 5 is the last step where it matches up, step 6 is similar but clearly different, then it avalanches into 21 more steps of confusion since this mold matches very little of what's shown there. I was able to fiddle my way through transformation to vehicle mode without too much drama, but getting him OUT of vehicle mode was a challenge because the first step is really not obvious and the wing fuselage sections that are tabbed into the body aren't that well attached to the rest of the wing part. There's also some tabs at the hips which require doing things in a certain order, but that stuff wasn't too bad. Naturally after I got it transformed back to robot mode, I found these MP-11 instructions: http://cavecollection.blogspot.com/2...sterpiece.html

I will say that this is the first Hasbro MP to really look overly Hasbro, everything has a plasticky look to it and paint in a few small spots is sloppy, there's fit and finish stuff like sprue marks and the like which haven't been put to the Masterpiece level of detail. That said, it's still a big flying Seeker, and this one can stand on his own. I don't mind the goofy tail art and fuselage art as pilots sometimes customize their craft in real life, but it could have been better thought out too.

I'll post more thoughts on MP TC later.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm pretty happy with him, goofy tampos and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I'm pretty happy with him, goofy tampos and all.
    I agree. They're fun, and mostly non-obtrusive.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Ouch, that's a bummer to not see progress to the page, sounds and looks awesome. The Batwing is there as a transformer in the background even, this should have happened!!! Mirage should have been the Invisible Jet, even though he's usually a car.

MP TC is still standing, amazing! His head looks a little disembodied from the way the neck is set, it's one of those little things nobody would notice until they see it, then it's ALL they can see.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, and I was especially impressed to see Aquaman was fighting Piranacon and Submarauder. Makes me think the dude who drew the proposal knows his stuff; otherwise, where would he come up with those two?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Yeah, and I was especially impressed to see Aquaman was fighting Piranacon and Submarauder. Makes me think the dude who drew the proposal knows his stuff; otherwise, where would he come up with those two?
    Maybe he did research on TFwiki for the only G1-era sea guys. Isn't Aquaman also pulling Seaspray's head in his hand?

Could be Seaspray, now that you mention it. I didn't put too much thought into it, since there are several guys on both sides with that head style. Wouldn't make sense to behead Seaspray and beat up Submarauder, unless the Atlanteans were against all Cybertronians. But that would seem like too much plot to throw into a teaser image for a proposal, I'd think.
    Tommy, close your eyes.