Page 493 of 595 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 5945
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I read on another board that the second shipment of Op will come in late October to mid November and be in much higher quantities. Initially, TRU ordered a limited number, but decided thry wanted to make a big push for the holidays. Rather than push the release date, they put out the initial batch and will follow up later with a more significant shipment. Do not go the scalper route!!
    Good to hear! And don't worry, I'll sooner go without than go the scalper route.

I read yesterday that Fortress Maximus is being rereleased for the Encore line. $329.99 on BBTS. Am I correct in stating that this is the equivalent of Hasbro reissuing the USS Flagg for GI Joe? I wonder if the Enocre line will have a variant Grand Maximus red colored reissue in. I think that only leaves Trypticon and Scorponok left to reissue for the Transformers on the larger side, but I might be wrong.

Does anyone own:

Deluxe Shockwave: Fall of Cybertron (think that's the current one shipping)

Cyberverse Cmdr: Ultra Magnus

Cyberverse Galaxy (or whatever the basic line is called): Mirage

How are these figures?

I'm thinking about buying them and trying to find an excuse (*really necessary diorama to create) to buy them.

I like these characters. That's why.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Shockwave is awesome. I wish he had a classic-style arm cannon, but that's a minor consideration.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have Shockwave, but not the others. Shckwave is great, but smaller than Soundwave from WFC.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I read yesterday that Fortress Maximus is being rereleased for the Encore line. $329.99 on BBTS. Am I correct in stating that this is the equivalent of Hasbro reissuing the USS Flagg for GI Joe? I wonder if the Enocre line will have a variant Grand Maximus red colored reissue in. I think that only leaves Trypticon and Scorponok left to reissue for the Transformers on the larger side, but I might be wrong.
    I would almost throw Overlord in with those. He's pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Just occured to me - would the head fit on Classics Cliffjumper?
    Good idea, but I don't know, my Classic BB is not around, and I think that mold requires a screw to get its head off. Worth looking into if you have that Classics Cliffjumper mold though, if it's not an instant swap it might be an easy custom. Of course, maybe the head is too small what with TFP figures (even FE molds) being a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    MP Thundercracker arrived this past Saturday but I think I will wait until my birthday next month to open him up.

I would love to have MP Optimus. I missed out on the preorders and despite the price tag, I'm sure he won't be easy to find in our local TRU's.
    I don't know how you can have enough patience to not open up TC. Congrats though on getting one.

No idea at this point, I suspect it'll move quick but I can see outcomes where it might not be scalper-fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    The Flagg is 7 and a half feet long. As big as Fort Max is compared to other TFs, he's only 2' tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Does anyone own:

Deluxe Shockwave: Fall of Cybertron (think that's the current one shipping)

Cyberverse Cmdr: Ultra Magnus

Cyberverse Galaxy (or whatever the basic line is called): Mirage

How are these figures?

I'm thinking about buying them and trying to find an excuse (*really necessary diorama to create) to buy them.

I like these characters. That's why.
    I have Shockwave, it's very good.

I have Cyb Ultra Magnus, it's not that great, kind of middling. Design has too much clear stuff in bot mode and is a bit heavy on the kibble. Also doesn't remind me much of the G1 character. And the shoulders don't stay in place well, the hips don't stay on well.

I don't have Legion Mirage, it's a repaint of movie 2 Sideways with 2 new holes added, so if you have that Legion / Legends figure then you already know what this is... except in red.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I don't know how you can have enough patience to not open up TC. Congrats though on getting one.
    I have a lot of things to worry about currently so I haven't really had time to sit down and open it up. Plus it would be nice to have something as great as this to open up on my birthday

I picked up Cyberverse Skyquake yesterday. Paint apps on him are much, much sharper than on my Cyberverse Dreadwing who has quite a bit of paint bleed on him.

I never owned a little Sideways from ROTF.

I think those Legends class figures (think those were the ones smaller than Scouts) didn't work for me - mostly because they were all the same size whereas characters like Prime, which I did buy, should have been much larger than Sideways (which is why I did NOT buy).

What I want is a transforming Dino (Mirage?) from DOTM in that size and now they make the slightly larger Commander Class Cyberverse, which is more appropriate for Megatron (and Starscream from DOTM should have an F-22 figure that size as well!)

But there were to be no Ferraris
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My pair of TFP Vehicons arrived in the mail yesterday. The Vehicon is an excellent figure. I paid $20 per figure with shipping and tax from HTS, so that's not a bad price - it'd have been $16 with tax if I found it in store. The figure is small like other TFP figures but the sculpt and transformation almost make the value work on this set.

Alt mode looks great, even if they did pointlessly skimp on paint (really, the grille paint mask would have cost that much more?!? C'mon! You're already using that paint either way), the ground clearance is a sliver, but it does clear - the wheels don't roll that well due to their odd hub design but they work on mousepads or anything with traction. The gun fights to attach to the fenders, it's a tight fit, but after a little effort it fits and looks alright.

Transformation is a delight. Not too many steps, not too simple. The whole thing is a shellformer, but the shell parts turn into boots and decent-looking ones at that. The arms are challenging to transform back to alt mode due to the odd jointing, but otherwise this is a good one in both directions.

Bot mode is nearly perfect. They saved most of the paint for this mode, with silver and purple in a lot of places. The eye visor lightpipes a nice purple color. The bot looks good, the arms are a bit odd at the elbow but a little posing and it gets away with it. The gun attaches to either forearm, but the left one is far easier than the right; it also has a standard peg he can hold in either claw.

I'd say this is the second-best figure in the line so far, nipping at Wheeljack's heels.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.