Page 495 of 582 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 5814
    I don't want MP Cyclonus, and after seeing the mediocrity of MP Sideswipe, I don't think I want MP anything else if it's that expensive and mediocre.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Mediocrity of MP Sideswipe?

I got mine the other day; he's pretty damn near perfect. I've seen some people have had paint issues but still admit the figure is fantastic otherwise.

I'm still not finding TRU MP Prime but I did get an FE Vehicon in the process.

Also received FE Optimus and Bulkhead in the mail. Voyager Dreadwing along with deluxe Kup and Vehicon should be arriving from HTS pretty soon.

I really like Deluxe Kup - you're talking the Generations one?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

TRU just billed me for MP Prime and the sent an email saying they had to delay and wouldn't know when he's shipping, could be a month. I don't really know what the hell the point of that was, maybe they got in an early batch and billed everybody, then realized they didn't have enough to go around and Hasbro wasn't clear on the timing of the next batch, but that's just a guess. I'll hold on, if I see it in stores I'll pick it up there instead but won't actively hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Mediocrity of MP Sideswipe?

I got mine the other day; he's pretty damn near perfect. I've seen some people have had paint issues but still admit the figure is fantastic otherwise.
    Glad to hear you like yours. It looks mediocre to me based on images and info out there at its $70 pricetag, it's smaller than an Alternators, doesn't have working doors, has a bulk of kibble under the vehicle mode tail, lacks die-cast metal and rubber tire elements, and has those weird hollow boots, so at the $70 plus import right now that comes off as mediocre to me.

Bran, you gonna open FE OP and Bulkhead? I'm curious how the US releases on those are, I want them both.

No Tycho, he means Kup from the TF:Prime line, based on the Ironhide design.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

No Tycho, he means Kup from the TF:Prime line, based on the Ironhide design.
    Well, I liked that one too, especially since the original was a RED Ironhide like back in the G1 days. I always liked the character and Peter Cullen created the voice for him as well Prime, back in the day.

I think when G1.5 came around, Kup was supposed to be the surrogate Ironhide.

Ultra Magnus was a brave and courageous soldier, but he didn't exhuberate a lot of smarts from experience the way Kup did.

Don't get me started on Rodimus Prime....

Actually, if Kup and Ultra Magnus led the Autobots in the G1.5 era, things would have gone a lot better - with Springer as a field sergeant / air commander.

Hot Rod / Rodimus ought to have been left high and dry on a repair bay auto lift in his alt mode with his transformation cog removed.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I saw the FOC Combaticons today. Grabbed them all and tossed them in the cart (they had one of each), then noticed the shelf tag. $15.47. I had almost $80 worth of figures in the cart, and they were five figures who didn't look like they were worth that much. I put them all back. These Deluxe suckers were $10 two years ago, and they've shrunk since then, too. I might eventually get the four limbs and display them with the old Classics Onslaught (who's scaled properly, even if they don't combine), but, holy crap, that was way too much for those figures, especially with Swindle being the only Combaticon anyone gives a fart about.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I agree with your post to a large extent.

Michael Bay's movies might have injured interest in the Combaticons, too:

Megatron became Onslaught by alt-form (in a way)
    Blackout and Grindor replaced Vortex and were both destroyed
    Devastator was still incorrectly named - because it was Brawl even on the toys and then the "real" Devastor came in ROTF
    There has not ever been a space shuttle (for Blast Off) but if there is one, it should be Astrotrain anyway.
    There is not Jeep, however Hound would be a great Autobot choice, so maybe Swindle could be a HumVee to change it up.

That the Deluxe are now $15 in a bad economy means what?

1) Hasbro deliberately priced the movie Deluxes at or even below cost to generate new repeat business - kind of like giving out free samples of cocaine to hook in new addicts.

2) Hasbro's costs went up so they passed them along to us.

3) Hasbro's employees are living beyond their means, so they want us to bail them out. C'mon - buy Bruticus to pay for Aaron Archer's flat screen. You know you want to!

After tax, more than $16 apiece. $80 for a combiner with an undersized torso is way outrageous. That's convention exclusive pricing there, not what I expect to see at Walmart.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

BTW, why is it that Hasbro has never done a proper TF/Joe crossover line? That'd seem like a major no-brainer. Sure, there'd be some major tooling costs for the TF's, but Joes could be existing parts, and they could sell them at a higher price to make up for the new, larger molds.

Tell me you wouldn't drop $100 easy for a 3.75"-scaled Generation 2 Megatron that transforms and comes with Cobra Commander (and, heck, to make the deal sweeter, kitbash a Dr. Biggles-Jones from the ROC Cover Girl and Rex Lewis, too).
    Tommy, close your eyes.