Page 501 of 578 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5778
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    ALSO, some enterprising fan from Asia figured out a fairly easy mod to Springer to give him a pretty convincing third car mode. There are a bunch of takes on it, this being one of them: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ml#post8089564
    That was badass!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Anybody want the GDO Swerve I picked up last month for $12 plus tax? Otherwise he's going back to the store, I realized once I got it home that I didn't really want it, it didn't say "Swerve" to me.

Picked up GDO Brawl (Scout class). I loved this mold with Breacher, and having the same mold in military green with brown makes it even better. Breacher's head works well as a Decepticon, and the colors work excellently (all green in vehicle mode, balanced mix in bot mode) - it reminds me of Full Armor Gundam a bit. The only problem is that he's not really "Brawl", they should have used a different name for this character.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Went to TRU to get a Thomas the Tank Engine set, and saw the China/TRU G2-styled Megatron. He looked amazing. I will not deny that. And, at $22.99, he was rather reasonable for the scale.

However, I had to pass. Kickarse G2 head or not, this is the third use of this sculpt, and I have both the previous versions. It fits Bludgeon like a glove. It fits Banzai-Tron pretty well, too (not like the guy ever did anything except in the IDW version of the comic, and I think he died pretty quickly there). But it's not Megatron. Megatron is simply not a master of Metallikato, and the mold does not suit him.
    I think they saw that this was a tank and G2 Megs was a tank so they didn't care that the underlying robots were vastly different, that this mold is too spindly for Megs.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Also saw a total of 6 TFP Vehicons at two Targets. A few months ago, I wouldn't have imagined being able to army build them so easily (I passed them all up btw)
    That's exactly how I felt at Target La Brea last week seeing 4 of 'em after getting my 2 the day prior. And I also stopped at the 4 I have, leaving all 4 on Target La Brea's shelves. So crazy. And then I go into Target West LA yesterday and all the Vehicons are gone, it's just 3 pegs full of those stupid Bumblebees again only now with DVDs. What the HELL was Hasbro thinking reissuing that figure? The market already spoke loudly that they didn't want it in any colorscheme or even as a different character, and yet here we are again back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I went to 6 different area stores this weekend and found nothing. In fact, my TRU finally broke out the Kup/Wheeljack/Warpath wave. So I'm assuming I see the Combaticons around July of 2014.
    Ouch, I've noticed TRU is finding a lot of old stock with Generations but that's really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Laserbeak is pretty cool. Reminds me of his Cybertron mode from G1. I have him hanging out with my X-9 Jaguar from Beast Wars.
    Agreed, although I don't have that BW figure. Maybe I should get LB together with my Japanese Cybertron Starscream and WFC Soundwave... oh, I forgot, that figure is lost in the sea of unpacked boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    While out of town for the holiday, I got into some of my older figures which are being stored at my parent's place. I could not believe the quality of plastic and paint apps (not to mention the afforementioned size). Compared to the FOC figures... I'm very angry with Hasbro. Raise the price and cut the quality? We should not be supporting that. I have been so far removed from the older figures, I didn't realize how royally we were being screwed. I am genuinely considering only buying Japanese MP's from here on out.
    Welcome to the party, late but still glad to have you. I have been feeling similarly about the downhill quality and pricing situation the last couple months, but I don't do Japanese MPs so for me it'd be essentially nothing.

If you get Generations Cliffjumper, BE CAREFUL. I'm not sure if it's a carryover from the Prime mold, but the plastic is incredibly brittle. I actually broke off (not snapped off ) the front grill assembly when trying to decipher those ridiculously unhelpful instructions. I was able to fix it to my satisfaction (so I don't have to risk not finding another); it seems solid enough to transform carefully and I rarely transform them from robot mode anyway. But he's also got stress marks in other spots that I don't even remember touching during transformation (like the pipe-ish connector-looking thing under his right hand).

Bottom line: be gentle with him. He's not as rugged as he'd have you believe.
    I opened that figure and have not had any trouble with it at all, transformed it a few times. I eschewed its instructions, having recently transformed SDCC Cliffjumper via his unhelpful instructions instead and figured it out there. Sorry to hear yours busted off, kinda curious what you were trying to do when it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It's been a common problem with the new run of FE Terrorcon Cliffjumpers so I wouldn't be surprised if the GDO version also had issues. The new run of the FE voyagers have horrendous QC problems. Prime is missing paint apps and I've read about many Bulkheads that are breaking out of the box! It's really sad, as they are both really great figures.
    Damn, I haven't even found FE Bulkhead yet and now I have to worry about it being ruined right away. Haven't found OP either but I already knew about the paint so I steeled myself there.

ALSO, some enterprising fan from Asia figured out a fairly easy mod to Springer to give him a pretty convincing third car mode. There are a bunch of takes on it, this being one of them: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ml#post8089564
    Very clever!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Anybody want the GDO Swerve I picked up last month for $12 plus tax? Otherwise he's going back to the store, I realized once I got it home that I didn't really want it, it didn't say "Swerve" to me.
    I got one, and also think he's not Swerve-y. He's become a major player in the current More Than Meets the Eye ongoing comic, and is an overly talkative, lovable loser/scoundrel type of character. IIRC, this is the only time the character's amounted to anything in any G1-based media spinoff. This mold doesn't fit the personality of him in that series, and (though it didn't actually occur to me until after I'd opened him) the headsculpt doesn't look like the original head at all. Also, the box art makes his face look "younger" than it really is (we're not talking Kup or Alpha Trion old, but at least Ironhide old), which makes it even less Swerve-y. Also, there are some flaws in the Kup sculpt that the teal-and-grey color scheme hid well (so well I didn't notice them on Kup until I did a side-by-side comparison), but the red-and-white accentuates.

I like him, but he's just not Swerve to me. Weird thing is, I would've been happy if he was red and blue, with this new headsculpt, and they called him Gears. Gears was always a curmudgeon and seemed like a bit of a "heavy" even though he wasn't.

I think they saw that this was a tank and G2 Megs was a tank so they didn't care that the underlying robots were vastly different, that this mold is too spindly for Megs.
    I figured the same. Seeing the vehicle mold, though, I'm reconsidering buying him and leaving him in tank form. Even though G2 never happened (just don't ask what happened to Destro's castle), it's still a cool design, and the garish color scheme works surprisingly well.

I opened that figure and have not had any trouble with it at all, transformed it a few times. I eschewed its instructions, having recently transformed SDCC Cliffjumper via his unhelpful instructions instead and figured it out there. Sorry to hear yours busted off, kinda curious what you were trying to do when it broke.
    The final step involving the hood assembly. You're supposed to pull the grill up slightly, fold in the two sides, and pivot the fenders. The instructions were clear as mud, and the fenders were incredibly tight. The grill is connected to the hood by way of a pivot joint involving a metal rod, which tore clean through the plastic when I tried to rotate it too far when trying to figure out what the hell to do with the fenders. Like I said, it was a clean break, and I was able to put it back on and bend the torn plastic in shape enough to hold. For me, knowing it's an issue, it would be fine, but the toy would be ruined for even the most careful child playing with it.

BTW, I also discovered I'd not fully transformed Wheelie's legs (not extending them to their full length). I noticed this when trying to balance him on Masterpiece Grimlock's back. (If you have both figures, go ahead and tell me you haven't tried to do this. Tell me, and I'll call you a liar right now. ) Extending them lets him sit on Grimlock better (though nothing close to the relative scale of the movie), but I like him with the legs not extended for general display; it doesn't look too stubby, and make him shorter than a lot of his comrades.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

FOC Generations wave 3 except for Kickback and Air Raid are up on HTS. Free shipping over $25 is still good plus the $10 coupon for a future purchase. As well, "church10" will save you 10%.

Starscream's out of stock as well. All they had were Ultra Magnus and a few I've got in Earth modes, so I'll wait. I only want Magnus to get one version with the G1 color scheme.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    FOC Generations wave 3 except for Kickback and Air Raid are up on HTS. Free shipping over $25 is still good plus the $10 coupon for a future purchase. As well, "church10" will save you 10%.
    Rats, FOC Starscream is sold out as well. They do have Sideswipe and Ultra Magnus, but I don't know if I want either.

This is a good way to get the FOC Combaticons if you didn't get in on the Target sale though.

Also, they have Airachnid dlx if anybody really wants that awful figure.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got one, and also think he's not Swerve-y. He's become a major player in the current More Than Meets the Eye ongoing comic, and is an overly talkative, lovable loser/scoundrel type of character. IIRC, this is the only time the character's amounted to anything in any G1-based media spinoff. This mold doesn't fit the personality of him in that series, and (though it didn't actually occur to me until after I'd opened him) the headsculpt doesn't look like the original head at all. Also, the box art makes his face look "younger" than it really is (we're not talking Kup or Alpha Trion old, but at least Ironhide old), which makes it even less Swerve-y. Also, there are some flaws in the Kup sculpt that the teal-and-grey color scheme hid well (so well I didn't notice them on Kup until I did a side-by-side comparison), but the red-and-white accentuates.

I like him, but he's just not Swerve to me. Weird thing is, I would've been happy if he was red and blue, with this new headsculpt, and they called him Gears. Gears was always a curmudgeon and seemed like a bit of a "heavy" even though he wasn't.
    I already have Kup and that's all I feel like I need from the mold. Gears had a camper shell and a vastly different head, so Swerve couldn't serve that role for me, I like the bed designs to be contiguous on truckformers (also why I'm not keeping Swerve).

I figured the same. Seeing the vehicle mold, though, I'm reconsidering buying him and leaving him in tank form. Even though G2 never happened (just don't ask what happened to Destro's castle), it's still a cool design, and the garish color scheme works surprisingly well.
    Eh, you already have the mold, your kid eventually will need college money more than you need another pass at that mold. Plus, I feel like taking an underwhelming Megatron on that mold will only diminish the specialness of the Bludgeon figure.

The final step involving the hood assembly. You're supposed to pull the grill up slightly, fold in the two sides, and pivot the fenders. The instructions were clear as mud, and the fenders were incredibly tight. The grill is connected to the hood by way of a pivot joint involving a metal rod, which tore clean through the plastic when I tried to rotate it too far when trying to figure out what the hell to do with the fenders. Like I said, it was a clean break, and I was able to put it back on and bend the torn plastic in shape enough to hold. For me, knowing it's an issue, it would be fine, but the toy would be ruined for even the most careful child playing with it.
    I checked my GDO instructions, despite being rephotographed with the GDO head, they're not different in steps from the FE ones (as seen here) http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemim...1&imageID=3019
    I couldn't replicate the problem you had, mine wouldn't even show flex when I tried to move it in a way other than the joint would allow, so it's possible that your grille's hinge was manufactured off-axis too close to the edge and it was destined to tear - during the Unicron Trilogy days (Armada, Energon, Cybertron) I had a number of figures with hingepins shot through the part wrong like that.

You might want to consider gluing the part closed, but don't use superglue/krazy glue because it'd bond the plastic to the metal.

BTW, I also discovered I'd not fully transformed Wheelie's legs (not extending them to their full length). I noticed this when trying to balance him on Masterpiece Grimlock's back. (If you have both figures, go ahead and tell me you haven't tried to do this. Tell me, and I'll call you a liar right now. ) Extending them lets him sit on Grimlock better (though nothing close to the relative scale of the movie), but I like him with the legs not extended for general display; it doesn't look too stubby, and make him shorter than a lot of his comrades.
    A lot of people had that problem on the original use of that mold, Jazz. I didn't buy Wheelie when I had the chance, instead stashing him for a fellow forumite, I just don't like Wheelie or that Jazz mold enough to invest in it again when I was very low on funds. I passed on Springer at the same time.

I saw a lone FE Bulkhead at TRU last Friday so those FE Voyagers are starting to hit.

FOC Starscream is on the way and I should have it soon.

I opened up TFP Voyager Magnus and I guess I like the mild better than some people but his rifle/hammer is exhibit A for why mech tech weapons must be done away with. While the concept of being able to convert the gun into a hammer wasn't a bad one, it's just too bulky and unwieldy and UM's ball jointed shoulders just aren't designed to be able to carry a weapon that large.

Also they packed only one of his red tipped missiles (just like how deluxe Arcee only came with one blade). I did find a suitable weapon for him, though, in Arcee's giant blaster - too big for her but perfect for Ultra Magnus.

Also, GDO Springer, Cliffjumper and Wheelie arrived from TRU.com but I'm going to save them for Christmas to open up.

Slightly mis-transform Lazerbeak, and he's a pretty cool-looking "space condor."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks for the info on FE Bulkhead, I guess I'll start looking for him soon.

FOC Starscream evaded me by a matter of seconds, I had him in my cart at HTS but by the time I got to checkout he had sold through. I hate their system, it's totally boneheaded. Ben Yee posted his review today, and while he cheerleaded it as he often does, his images tempered my frustration at missing the figure, it doesn't look so good that I should kick myself for not getting in.