Page 504 of 581 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5806
    Finally saw the Bruticus figures. I only picked up two, stupidly...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I saw swindle today in Walmart
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Are the Combaticons difficult to find overall? Wouldn't know it in the IE. They're not exactly common, but I've seen them (particularly Brawl and Blast Off, for some reason) quite a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think there's still Omega Prime or other Prime characters besides Optimus and Sentinel, though isn't there (Chuxter?)
    Can't speak for every continuity, but in the original Marvel series, the Matrix listed its holders in this order (apparently counting Primus, who it was the essence of): Primus, Prima, Prime Nova, Sentinel Prime, Optimus Prime, Deathbringer, Thunderwing. Then Optimus Prime restored it to good (after it flirted with evil with those last two, becoming the Dark Matrix) and opened it in the maw of Unicron, killing both and presumably destroying the Matrix. In later text stories, Simon Furman inserted Primon before Prima. (Currently, Bludgeon wants the shattered corpse of Thunderwing, likely for residual, tainted Matrix energy. In the split-off Generation Two continuity, Megatron and Starscream both possessed the Matrix, but only Starscream did anything with it.)

In IDW, the first confirmed Prime is Nova Prime (who passes on the Matrix before leaving to explore an unknown region of space so he can go bad and come back as Nemesis Prime--very long story), then Sentinel Prime. It's a bit blurry after that, with Nominus Prime and Zeta Prime presumably coming immediately afterward, then Optimus Prime.

The whole thing with Hasbro declaring "The Thirteen" to be the same in every universe really screws things up because, well, it just don't fit.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Are the Combaticons difficult to find overall? Wouldn't know it in the IE. They're not exactly common, but I've seen them (particularly Brawl and Blast Off, for some reason) quite a few times.
    I haven't seen them lately anywhere, but I think that's just holiday rush, there was a time early last month where I saw them a few times.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Saw Soundwave/Laserbeak, Ravage/Rumble, and Frenzy/Ratbat today. There were quite a few of each. Honestly, for what they're charging, these are crap, plain and simple. Soundwave's the only passable one, but even the BOGO sale at TRU couldn't compel me to buy him since I have the earlier one, and an update would need to be a true improvement and not just a bigger figure with a lousy gimmick.

Did I miss something, and FOC is actually geared toward kiddies who like auto-transform gimmicks? These seemed like they should be full-on "grownup" figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I talked myself out of getting FOC Voyager Soundwave and GDO Megatron or Power Dive, TRU's BOGO 40% sale notwithstanding.

Just like Chux, I'm content with WFC Soundwave and I'd rather use that money on something else like the new Lego Tumbler + BAT set.

I got Voyager Ultra Magnus, Deluxe Vehicon, and (2) Cyberverse Mirage.

The Voyager jets are kind of nice, but I'd like something with forward swept wings that reminds me of Cyclonus, unless it can really BE Cyclonus.

G1.5 Decepticons now need some love, and ALL G1.5ers need Cyberverse.

I know Springer (as a Deluxe repaint) is coming out.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I found most of the Combaticons at Wal-Mart: 2 Swindle, 1 Vortex, and 1 BlastOff, and 1 Onslaught (he's not the center commander any more, but Brawl is?!?) Guess his movie star promotion helped and Michael Bay got him a promotion for playing "Devastator."

Anyway, I did not purchase these, and I wasn't too impressed with them either. Except...wait for it...Blast Off looks pretty cool. I might have to purchase him singularly. It's a better-than-decent sculpt and alt mode as well.

Scale-wise, I think he'd make a great Astrotrain stand-in next to Cyberverse Legions and Commanders.

Picked up FOC Blast-Off from Amazon for $12, it's not bad, the paint looks better than the SDCC version by leaps and bounds. I haven't integrated it to the gang yet though.

Ordered FE Voyager Bulkhead and OP at bogo 40%, then TRU goes and cancels it saying they sold out. WHY DID YOU LET ME ORDER IT THEN!?!? Yeesh. TRU not having a good week with me, I received a $5 Rewards cert that had expired 2 days prior, I call them and they're like "you could have printed it" even though I didn't know that and they haven't been emailing me my totals, said they couldn't do anything for me. Forget them.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Saw Soundwave/Laserbeak, Ravage/Rumble, and Frenzy/Ratbat today. There were quite a few of each. Honestly, for what they're charging, these are crap, plain and simple. Soundwave's the only passable one, but even the BOGO sale at TRU couldn't compel me to buy him since I have the earlier one, and an update would need to be a true improvement and not just a bigger figure with a lousy gimmick.

Did I miss something, and FOC is actually geared toward kiddies who like auto-transform gimmicks? These seemed like they should be full-on "grownup" figures.
    I agree, same thing happened to me, these sets just aren't looking good enough to warrant the line or the insane price or the huge sacrifices in design for a "drop on the ground to make a thing happen" gimmick. I think Hasbro is afraid they're losing transforming robot market share to Bakugan and is trying these and Bot Shots to catch that tiger by its tail. But the price on the tapes is just a huge NO for me, even with that sale.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I talked myself out of getting FOC Voyager Soundwave and GDO Megatron or Power Dive, TRU's BOGO 40% sale notwithstanding.

Just like Chux, I'm content with WFC Soundwave and I'd rather use that money on something else like the new Lego Tumbler + BAT set.
    Same here on both ends, I passed up Soundwave since I already have WFC version that's to scale. I considered Soundblaster but it's really not an inspiring set.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I found most of the Combaticons at Wal-Mart: 2 Swindle, 1 Vortex, and 1 BlastOff, and 1 Onslaught (he's not the center commander any more, but Brawl is?!?) Guess his movie star promotion helped and Michael Bay got him a promotion for playing "Devastator."

Anyway, I did not purchase these, and I wasn't too impressed with them either. Except...wait for it...Blast Off looks pretty cool. I might have to purchase him singularly. It's a better-than-decent sculpt and alt mode as well.

Scale-wise, I think he'd make a great Astrotrain stand-in next to Cyberverse Legions and Commanders.
    Brawl is officially a leg, Onslaught is the core commander still.

We already have an actual Classics Astrotrain in this same scale.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ordered FE Voyager Bulkhead and OP at bogo 40%, then TRU goes and cancels it saying they sold out. WHY DID YOU LET ME ORDER IT THEN!?!? Yeesh. TRU not having a good week with me, I received a $5 Rewards cert that had expired 2 days prior, I call them and they're like "you could have printed it" even though I didn't know that and they haven't been emailing me my totals, said they couldn't do anything for me. Forget them.
    You should look at their FB page. I've never seen so many complaints about poor service, particularly ones that go unacknowledged. They COULD have presented themselves as an upscale, collector-friendly alternative to Target and Walmart, but that ship sailed long ago. I'm surprised they're still around, and can't imagine they'll last too much longer. (Of course, K-Mart/Sears will still outlast them, probably, since it's the zombie store that refuses to die.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.