Page 505 of 593 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 5925
    I finally opened up GDO Cliffjumper and Springer. The packaging bubble totally obscured it and I ordered anyhow so I would not have caught it but his roof has a paint chip along with scratches making it nowhere near the quality of my SDCC Terrorcon CJ. QC flaws aside, it's still not as good as I was hoping for it to be.

GDO Springer's quality was much better. I have Tomahawk and didn't like it that much but somehow the Springer repaint seems like such a great improvement.

GDO Wheelie will be the next one I open.

In the meantime, I've started to add silver to a lot of FE Optimus' brown torso parts to get him to look more show accurate. The unpainted truck panels don't bother me so much as the unpainted ab area so I felt compelled to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hey, good to hear from you. Man, everybody's getting that Thundertron except me, i saw him a few days ago at Target but the deco didn't warrant my very sparse cash.

Except for Jetwing Prime, that is my want list as well. Jetwing Prime at $60 is pretty darn good, the big cannons and the buster gun, I may have to put that on my xmas list as well.
    I hope you and everyone else here had a good Christmas. Mine is still ongoing, with going to different family gatherings and such. I can tell you that my wife took the hint on that Jetwing Prime. I haven't had the chance to open it yet, but tonight it will happen.

I also found the FE Voyagers at TRU, so now the main thing on my want list is FOC Starscream.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You should look at their FB page. I've never seen so many complaints about poor service, particularly ones that go unacknowledged. They COULD have presented themselves as an upscale, collector-friendly alternative to Target and Walmart, but that ship sailed long ago. I'm surprised they're still around, and can't imagine they'll last too much longer. (Of course, K-Mart/Sears will still outlast them, probably, since it's the zombie store that refuses to die.)
    Today I got my first email in a long time from them about my rewards points. They're the xmas special rewards points, I got $15 of them, would have gotten $20 back had they not screwed me over on that order. My point here is that their REWARDS POINTS IN EMAIL EXPIRE IN 2 ****ING WEEKS!!!! Who the hell puts such a short turnaround on rewards points? They really are shooting themselves in the foot with such an awful online presence, I'm not surprised to hear their Facebook page is full of vitriol. I keep wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt and they keep pulling stunts like these.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I finally opened up GDO Cliffjumper and Springer. The packaging bubble totally obscured it and I ordered anyhow so I would not have caught it but his roof has a paint chip along with scratches making it nowhere near the quality of my SDCC Terrorcon CJ. QC flaws aside, it's still not as good as I was hoping for it to be.
    That's too bad about the paint mess on the top, have you considered asking for an exchange at TRU with one that's ok? What were you hoping it to be? I also found the mold disappointing, but I felt that way at SDCC CJ as well.

GDO Springer's quality was much better. I have Tomahawk and didn't like it that much but somehow the Springer repaint seems like such a great improvement.
    Drat, I talked myself out of buying that but could tell I'd probably feel similarly as Tomahawk has something a little off for me as well.

In the meantime, I've started to add silver to a lot of FE Optimus' brown torso parts to get him to look more show accurate. The unpainted truck panels don't bother me so much as the unpainted ab area so I felt compelled to do something about it.
    Share some photos?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I hope you and everyone else here had a good Christmas. Mine is still ongoing, with going to different family gatherings and such. I can tell you that my wife took the hint on that Jetwing Prime. I haven't had the chance to open it yet, but tonight it will happen.

I also found the FE Voyagers at TRU, so now the main thing on my want list is FOC Starscream.
    That's great, glad to hear you're having a lot of family time at this holiday. Yesterday I drove out to my cousin's place on the moon (Hesperia, but it feels like it could be the moon) and gathered with most of my family.

My mom got me Jetwing Prime at $60 on my hinting, the next day it went down to $52 but now it's back up to full price so at least it came in at a decent price. I haven't opened it yet, still recovering from the holiday insanity but it looks cool.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Opened up Jetwing Prime last night.

Cannons look good, although the orange tip design doesn't really help a collector-focused item like this - they should have used the same metallic orange and blue from the body of the gun to make it look like blued-steel instead of hot steel via orange plastic. The G1 trailer stripes on the wings look great. At first I didn't really get the colors on the gun body, but once attached to Prime's forearms it's a lot clearer - they're continuing with the existing forearm colors, which looks really good, except for the lighter blue which is just there to be a lighter color I guess. The barrels can be turned, but can't spin freely. The venting on the cannon tips is directional due to the manufacturing process, for OCD types this gets under one's skin. Surprisingly, the figure can easily hold the cannons without being attached to the backpack or even to the forerams via the clips.

The base figure looks alright, paint is very similar to the ROTF original down to the unpainted red lower window sills; the new forearms look alright, the kibble is restrictive but not as badly as the battle blades of the original. The abs of the chest are still pretty silly - robots don't do crunches - but the design work looks good enough to get a pass, and there's a tiny Autobot symbol painted in the upper portion. Still the same blinking green LED for the eyes, same dialogue too. The heelspurs get an extension that snaps on, gives the feet more of a beefy look, but it's a good thing the set is well-balanced because those heelspur extensions aren't quite tight enough to actually work as intended.

The buster gun is one of the things I was most looking forward to, and it's not quite as good as I hoped. It's formed by transforming and combining the 2 fuel tanks, the first one just slides a barrel out, the second one folds every single element around and around again to reveal a grip and some tech sculpting, then plugs sloppily onto the back of the first tank. Also, I am not sure the left hand can hold it due to the kibble. It's not bad, and it does give those grippy hands something to do FINALLY, but I was expecting it to be a little better.

The jetpack looks really good, they painted the turbine fronts red, there's a lot of sculpted detail, the silver of the wings and housings looks great - not sure why the whole figure doesn't enjoy that - and it holds onto the figure quite well. Because of the layout of the engines, the fuel tanks have to be removed which makes it impossible to put on ROTF Leader Prime, and there's a few modifications to the new figure that lock it in as well, but it's not terribly complicated. The wings ratchet from an upward attack angle down to the ground, while the housings they spawn from hinge forward/backward with 2 stops and then freely past those, the default pose being somewhat similar to the DOTM Cyberverse Optimus backpack. The main nozzles on the jet engines are limited-range ball hinges. The outer two rear engines have a panel which hinges open to securely store the fuel tanks, and those interior spaces have their own nice sculpting. The front engines have rubbery armatures which attach to the gatling cannons. The wings and cannons and even Prime have 5mm peg holes, the wings and cannons also sport 3mm system clips, and yet the figure doesn't look the worse for it.

Transformation is the same as before for the robot to truck but at least the battle blades aren't in the way to make the already-confusing transformation even worse. There really isn't transformation for the jetpack, the wings can be repositioned, the heelspur parts clip onto the back, and the gatling cannons fold back on their armatures to snap to the top of the jet engines, then the whole thing clips over the 5th-wheel and corresponding tabs and slots; unlike the Cyberverse jetpack, this one cannot position the wings upright at all, only down which makes them go past the bottom of the truck - thus, the only usable position is splayed all out, it's quite a sight with giant cannons and wings around this truck.

It wouldn't be Hasbro if the instructions weren't wrong about something: this one is wrong about where the folded-up rear fenders go when the backpack is attached, the instructions say to leave them hanging down but there's actually pegs on the backpack for them to attach to.

As a whole set, Jetwing Prime is very impressive and pretty cool-looking, the heavy arms and flight look take Prime to a new level. I don't know about $100-impressive though, it's a $50 figure wearing a nice big jetpack and huge cannons, but is that really worth another $50? Maybe if you didn't get this mold in its previous release, but the $60 was a much easier price to swallow (or rather, it didn't take as much out of my mom's gift budget ). Aside from a lack of the battle blades, this set renders the ROTF figure redundant.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got an email from them as well. I have a total of $20 in rewards points. Ten are good for the next two weeks, ten for two weeks after that. Plus some coupons for junk that's in no way related to anything I've ever purchased. Would it be asking too much to let me combine the rewards points, or to send coupons for something that I might possibly be interested in? I might actually spend more there, wonder of wonders! Oh, and, like every other promotion they run, the rewards certificates can't be used on video games.

Then again, the tracking part of their rewards program is so useless it boggles the mind. When the Palm Desert TRU closed, where I spent probably 1/3-1/2 of my TRU spending, they didn't email me that that location was closing and relocating to Indio, but they made sure near the same time to tell me a new store would be opening "near me"... in Victorville. So y'all in LA, don't be surprised if they email you to tell you about a new store in Bakersfield!

Biggest kicker was being able to order stuff online from the store with free to-home shipping that's not on their regular website or that would be subject to major shipping charges. ADVERTISE THAT S***!!! THAT'S A BIG DEAL!!! If I can go in there and say, "You have every SW figure from this wave except Obi-Wan," and then they can order it for me, that's a pretty good edge over the competition.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chux, we'll have to visit again. I go out to Palm Desert to see my Grandpa and will be doing so again in only about a week or so for his 95th birthday.

I go by Banning and Beaumont. I usually do not stop for toys as there is little I want to buy.

I am considering Springer however.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Ugh, they can bite me. I didn't notice the 3rd rewards coupon was only good for the 12th through the 27th, what the hell is wrong with them?!? If they're trying to get customers into their stores more often, why pull this crap? Why not do a better job with promotions, a more satisfying job enticing the customers by offering more sales and rewards that last a reasonable time? And like you said, why offer us collectors all these baby-related and bike-related coupons when your sales tracking rewards program should be telling you what I would and wouldn't be likely to use? Why not do a better job stocking products in a timely manner? Why not do a better job focusing on collector items during the off-times when mainstream markets aren't buying? Because they suck. They have a slow-to-respond executive staff that simply isn't paying enough attention to the actual problems with the company and its inability to connect properly with the consumer.

Victorville is 100 miles from Palm Desert. Just because they're both part of the Inland Empire doesn't mean they're in the same neighborhood. GEEZ!

Another thing about the store: As you're probably aware (though I doubt anyone outside SoCal would be), the Coachella Valley is a mostly east-west horizontal line of smaller cities, stretching over 30 miles from Palm Springs to Indio. About 20 miles to the west is Beaumont/Banning/Cabazon, and the same distance to the east would be the (mostly scary and deserted) towns around the Salton Sea. Their one store was located pretty close to dead center, in Palm Desert. They closed it to move to the far eastern end of Indio. That added about 30 minutes to my drive there. A lot of folks from the western end of the Coachella Valley were ****ed. (Me, I can just go to Redlands or Riverside instead. With TRU, two Circuit Cities, Borders, and my daughter's favorite restaurant closing, it pretty much made the gas prices outweigh the general appeal of the CV for me.) They essentially killed off their business from half the area to move into what's mostly seen as the "ghetto" end of town that many people simply won't go to.

Oh, and the new store is about half the size of the old one and has the slowest service I've encountered. I went once, and stood in line for twenty minutes. Four lanes open, none moved in that time. I just left. Screw 'em.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Found Hot Spot (finally!) at the Moreno Valley TRU. They had one. My $10 in rewards certificates made him $14 even after tax.

I left thinking, "Sweet, unless that Megatron or the FOC cassettes see pretty drastic clearance markdowns, I'm done with TF for a while."

Then I saw Brawn listed as "Also Available" on the side of his package.

Dammit.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Coachella Valley is almost perfectly Southeast to Northwest, as are Beaumont and the Salton Sea area in line with that. Pretty sure that area was originally named "the middle of f***ing nowhere" until the 20th century. The map says that Palm Desert and Indio are only about 13 miles edge to edge, but in the middle of nowhere there aren't any useful high-speed routes I suppose. Your drive is INSANE for... EVERYTHING it appears, the idea that Riverside and Redlands are closer is nutso. I can't only guess rent is why TRU couldn't make a go of that Palm Desert store, since the new one is in a more ghetto area. And none of that is remotely near Victorville! "Inland Empire" is such a load of a location, might as well just call it "Southern California 2: more beach, less ocean!"

GDO Brawn is merely TF:Prime Bulkhead with Brawn's head, it doesn't really make much sense and it's certainly not on shelves yet, don't bother looking until you hear credible news otherwise, I suspect we won't ever see that one make it to shelves.

I returned Swerve finally and because it was 3 days past the 90 day limit, they could only give me the lowest sale price, $2 less than what I paid for it, on a gift card, but I was sick of having him around and nobody wanting to buy him off me so I took the ten bucks. Used that return credit plus 2 of my reward dollars to pick up a few Nerf N-strike things and a Hot Wheels Light Speeders Back to the Future Time Machine that turns out to be an error car with a wrong wheel on the front. Stupid variation crapola, I just wanted this piece normal. It was the ONLY Light Speeders car on the whole aisle too.