Page 506 of 578 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 5778
  1. #5051
    I hadn't looked at a map; I assumed west-east because it's all along the I-10. The Indio issue is that it's on the far side of Indio, and the other side of the freeway (most businesses are a few miles to the south side, this shopping center is north), requiring most of the drive to be on surface streets complete with stoplights and such, and there's nothing in Indio otherwise. At least the Palm Springs-Cathedral City-Rancho Mirage-Palm Desert-Indian Wells corridor is solid businesses (though, like I said, several of the good ones closing has hurt the area as far as toy runs go, so I've not been out there at all in 6-12 months... will probably in the next few days, though, since the after-Christmas clearances are awesome there for some reason).

    Beaumont WAS the fastest growing city in the country prior to the housing crash. We were supposed to get an awful lot of businesses, including at least one full-sized shopping mall and a Target or two. Yeah, that didn't happen. (One mediocre Walmart, a horrible K-Mart that frickin' closes at 7, a small Best Buy, a small Kohls, Ross, and some drug and grocery stores are about it.) Those plans went down the drain with housing costs. A good chunk of my neighborhood is folks who've been or are being foreclosed on, and there are a lot of rental properties. I suspect it'll be like Moreno Valley and take two decades to recover, and never fully. If we didn't owe considerably more than the house was worth, I'd be quick to move somewhere more populated.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  2. #5052
    I found Springer today. I fought hard on him, but eventually passed. I've always wanted a Springer, but there is something "unnatural" about him not being a triple changer.

    I, too, received 4 TRU coupons that valid dates are in different time periods. It really stinks that you spend the money, overpaying in most cases, just to get the rewards, them can't use them together. Also, I received three 5 dollar coupons and one 4 dollar coupon. What gives there?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

  3. #5053
    JT, I'll post a photo or two of my FE Prime repaint when I'm done. And I can't return GDO Cliffjumper because he was an online purchase and I've never even seen a single GDO deluxe at my local stores. Also since it was online, I think they'd only give me store credit.

    TRU reward point coupons have always had a narrow window in which to use them so although it may not be "fair", it's nothing new at all.

    Opened up GDO Wheelie and FOC Starscream. Wheelie is great and is a better representation of the mold than RTS Jazz. The vivid colors and paint apps really did wonders. FOC SS is above average but maybe not as great as others make it out to be - the small size of the aircraft is a bit underwhelming.

    I found some of the latest wave of Kreo micro changers at Target (I think I'm the only one that likes these?) and the box is not randomly packed at all - it was all Hook, Dirge, Airachnid, Slingshot and none of the others. if not for code decipherers I would have wasted money.

  4. #5054
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I hadn't looked at a map; I assumed west-east because it's all along the I-10. The Indio issue is that it's on the far side of Indio, and the other side of the freeway (most businesses are a few miles to the south side, this shopping center is north), requiring most of the drive to be on surface streets complete with stoplights and such, and there's nothing in Indio otherwise. At least the Palm Springs-Cathedral City-Rancho Mirage-Palm Desert-Indian Wells corridor is solid businesses (though, like I said, several of the good ones closing has hurt the area as far as toy runs go, so I've not been out there at all in 6-12 months... will probably in the next few days, though, since the after-Christmas clearances are awesome there for some reason).

    Beaumont WAS the fastest growing city in the country prior to the housing crash. We were supposed to get an awful lot of businesses, including at least one full-sized shopping mall and a Target or two. Yeah, that didn't happen. (One mediocre Walmart, a horrible K-Mart that frickin' closes at 7, a small Best Buy, a small Kohls, Ross, and some drug and grocery stores are about it.) Those plans went down the drain with housing costs. A good chunk of my neighborhood is folks who've been or are being foreclosed on, and there are a lot of rental properties. I suspect it'll be like Moreno Valley and take two decades to recover, and never fully. If we didn't owe considerably more than the house was worth, I'd be quick to move somewhere more populated.
    Beaumont sounds a lot like the promises made to where my cousin lives in Hesperia. IMO, these cities trying to make boomtowns out of service-only industries are a mistake, you need real industry to drive growth, not just long commutes to areas that have them.

    Sorry to hear you're underwater on your place, that's rough to get stuck there. Hopefully they get high speed rail or something out there to make it pay off, they're talking about the Vegas to LA train ending in Victorville instead of LA so that's the current hope for that area, yours needs something like that too, maybe a resort east of Yucaipa where your area would be the only real service.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I found Springer today. I fought hard on him, but eventually passed. I've always wanted a Springer, but there is something "unnatural" about him not being a triple changer.

    I, too, received 4 TRU coupons that valid dates are in different time periods. It really stinks that you spend the money, overpaying in most cases, just to get the rewards, them can't use them together. Also, I received three 5 dollar coupons and one 4 dollar coupon. What gives there?
    I hear ya on Springer.

    The current coupons are part of their 10% rewards for Christmas, so you probably spent $190 for that month but not $200, hence the last coupon would be $4 instead of $5.

    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, I'll post a photo or two of my FE Prime repaint when I'm done. And I can't return GDO Cliffjumper because he was an online purchase and I've never even seen a single GDO deluxe at my local stores. Also since it was online, I think they'd only give me store credit.
    You are correct about online returns to store being store credit.

    TRU reward point coupons have always had a narrow window in which to use them so although it may not be "fair", it's nothing new at all.
    Yeah, I guess I forgot since they STOPPED EMAILING ME MY REWARDS FOR OVER A YEAR.

    Opened up GDO Wheelie and FOC Starscream. Wheelie is great and is a better representation of the mold than RTS Jazz. The vivid colors and paint apps really did wonders. FOC SS is above average but maybe not as great as others make it out to be - the small size of the aircraft is a bit underwhelming.
    FOC Starscream was via online, right? I haven't heard any in-store sightings on him, would like to get him but your review sounds like how it looks in pics so I don't want to burn a lot of gas or pay too much for it.


    I'm thinking of selling some of my SDCC exclusives, TFP Zombie Cliffjumper and the GI Joe Shockwave vehicle, but am not sure what to do since they're both open.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  5. #5055
    JT, I'd be interested in Shockwave Hiss if I weren't so strapped for cash right now.
    Is there a way to change your rewards to snail mail delivery? That's how mine usually come.

    Yes, FOC Screamer was from HTS and I wouldn't waste gas tracking him down. It's a bit of an exaggeration to say he replaces Classics SS. If anything, the cannons w. rotating barrels are the highlight here.

  6. #5056
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    ...yours needs something like that too, maybe a resort east of Yucaipa where your area would be the only real service.
    Curiously, there is a resort just north of Beaumont that's an historical attraction as well, but it's not a big draw. Their service sucks; my wife wanted to go to the 5-star restaurant there and asked about the ingredients since I have food allergies, was told that her email would be forwarded to the chef, and never heard back despite following up a few times.

    I'm thinking of selling some of my SDCC exclusives, TFP Zombie Cliffjumper and the GI Joe Shockwave vehicle, but am not sure what to do since they're both open.
    I know I owe you for a Nom Anor already, but I might be interested in Shockwave. I was kinda strapped for cash when SDCC rolled around, but, the more I look at it, the more I like the appearance of it. (Not to mention that it looks like there's jacksquat G.I. Joe coming anytime soon, and TF is dropping in quality really, really quickly so I might cut those out, so it's not like I have tons of other stuff to spend it on. My collecting energies and money have been going toward Thomas the Tank Engine, because both kids love it, there's a lot of the same vibe with exclusives and variants and pack-ins (but without the insanity of Hot Wheels), and, well, it's not like I have much of anything to get in any of the lines I buy to look for).

    BTW, forgot to respond about Brawn. I figured he was a Bulkhead from the look of him. It doesn't bother me as much, maybe because I don't have or have much interest in a Bulkhead. Good to hear, though, that I don't have to hit up TRU to find him, at least not yet.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  7. #5057
    I found FOC wave 3 as well as Beast Hunters wave 1 at my local TRU today. I figure there won't be much else that I'd want from there in the next few weeks so I used 3 of my rewards coupons on Kickback and Lazerback. That brought them down to around $11 for each. Good thing I found those because I might have been tempted to use the coupons on FOC Soundwave.

    Meanwhile that case of Kreo micro changers I saw at Target got picked clean within 2 days. Unless several people picked it over, someone's going to end up with around 10 Dirges and Airachnids.

  8. #5058
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, I'd be interested in Shockwave Hiss if I weren't so strapped for cash right now.
    Is there a way to change your rewards to snail mail delivery? That's how mine usually come.

    Yes, FOC Screamer was from HTS and I wouldn't waste gas tracking him down. It's a bit of an exaggeration to say he replaces Classics SS. If anything, the cannons w. rotating barrels are the highlight here.
    Mine usually come snail mail as well, and late at that, so they can't get mail to me and they can't get e-mail to me. They suck at life.

    Thanks for the 411 on FOC Screamer as well as the advice. Classics SS is not a great figure, so if it can't replace that then I definitely will just buy when I see.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Curiously, there is a resort just north of Beaumont that's an historical attraction as well, but it's not a big draw. Their service sucks; my wife wanted to go to the 5-star restaurant there and asked about the ingredients since I have food allergies, was told that her email would be forwarded to the chef, and never heard back despite following up a few times.
    That's weird, maybe they need to get their promotional stuff together better.

    I know I owe you for a Nom Anor already, but I might be interested in Shockwave. I was kinda strapped for cash when SDCC rolled around, but, the more I look at it, the more I like the appearance of it. (Not to mention that it looks like there's jacksquat G.I. Joe coming anytime soon, and TF is dropping in quality really, really quickly so I might cut those out, so it's not like I have tons of other stuff to spend it on. My collecting energies and money have been going toward Thomas the Tank Engine, because both kids love it, there's a lot of the same vibe with exclusives and variants and pack-ins (but without the insanity of Hot Wheels), and, well, it's not like I have much of anything to get in any of the lines I buy to look for).
    Ok, well Bran has first dibs since he mentioned it prior, then you. It is a very nice-looking set, I just don't have any place for it to go. I have the box and all the packing materials too, but it's currently on the loose. Thomas, huh? I wonder if there's an aftermarket for that stuff, seems like kids all love it for a few years and then outgrow it with a sharp cut, should make for a lot of stuff to get from days gone by, and it's not like that line changes significantly. Surprised to hear it does pack-ins and variants.

    BTW, forgot to respond about Brawn. I figured he was a Bulkhead from the look of him. It doesn't bother me as much, maybe because I don't have or have much interest in a Bulkhead. Good to hear, though, that I don't have to hit up TRU to find him, at least not yet.
    I was hoping to have found FE Bulkhead by now, the mold it's based on, but with that having passed me by I may be hunting for Brawn as a replacement and will let you know if I find that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #5059
    JT, it's okay, Chux can have a crack at HISS Shockwave.

    And the more I transform FOC SS, the less I like him. From his profile, you can see how hollow the body is and there's no attempt to conceal it or any partial coverings that might take the focus away from it.

    I haven't opened up FOC Kickback but will do so later on.

    Beast Hunters Lazerback, I kind of like. The vivid colors seem to make him more suited for Animated or even BW than TF Prime. The transformation is rather standard for a beast former - pull the hind legs down, push front legs together to form the torso, flip front claws for robot hands and flip the dragon head back to reveal bot head. One weapon forms the tail while the other goes onto the dragon back and it's done mostly seamlessly which is such a refreshing break from mech tech style weapons. In alt mode, the chest area is hollow and there's a small triangular hole where his spark chamber would probably be but that's much more forgiveable than the hollowness of many other recent molds. Overall I'd put Lazerback in the B/B - range.

  10. #5060
    Nah, figgy, you called it first, you've got dibs. I somehow missed that in your post.

    I must admit, if I don't find anything great when my second batch of R' Us rewards coupons are good, I might break down and buy the "cassettes." $12 for the lot of them isn't as bad as $22.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO