Page 508 of 593 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 5922
    Ben Yee posted his review of Beast Hunters Bumblebee:
    http://www.bwtf.com/toyreviews/prime...ers/bumblebee/
    I was stunned to see that THIS IS MOSTLY A NEW MOLD!!! Why use the same horribly flawed crapfest of the original RID mold only make it even worse?!? Yes, you kept a handful of inconsequential parts - thighs and forearms mostly - but you also kept the terrible neck that can't seat properly and the screwy torso transformation that comes apart easily and is hollow and just awful all around! Oh but you also made it worse by taking out all the clear bits and removing several paint apps, making it look like Armada Hot Shot mated with a burly owl to create a screwed-up offspring.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I found FOC Soundwave today. There were four available at Meijers with no other new figures. There was no price tag on the shelf so I took it to a scanner. To my surprise, it was $17.99, an easy buy. heres my quick review.

I really like the look of the robot mode. It has the look and feel of the game. No clunky parts or poorly constructed joints. the arms are double jointed for decent displaying. The only turn off is his chest looks bigger than it should be. But that's with a purpose, as it looks like it could fit three or four discs. (I don't know for sure, I haven't found those yet) The ejecting gimmick doesn't really work though. The ejection button only opens his chest up, not spit the disc out. You have to manually slide the lever in to the back of his chest to actually pop it out. And then it doesn't transform the disc unless it hits just right. Laserbeak isn't bad for what it is. It's not as realistic as you would like, it doesn't have legs to stand on, and there isn't a way (at least from what I can tell) to display him on soundwaves shoulder. Also, and this is a big kicker, the gun that is on the box and instructions doesn't come with the figure.

Vehicle Mode is the downfall to this transformer. It's not an interesting vehicle to begin with. The transformation is easy yet clunky. The really problem is the chest piece looks too small in vehicle mode, especially compared to the WFC Soundwave. In addition, the chest piece doesn't stay in place. there are two three sided slots for the piece to fit into, only its loose due to the fact you can eject the discs in vehicle mode.

Overall, I give Soundwave a B-. The robot mode is an A-, the vehicle is a C-. Like the others who have commented on Soundwave, it wasn't really needed as the WFC Soundwave was good enough. Considering no other video game transformers are this size, it seems the only reason for this figure is for the disc ejecting function.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Nice find at Meijer, I wonder why we don't have them out here in SoCal.

Too bad about the vehicle mode and the lack of ejection. I believe the chest is designed to hold up to 3 disks, that's what I've read from several sources.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You can put a bird on his shoulder by swinging the panel out and kinda wedging it in there. It doesn't lock in or anything, but is stable enough for display.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    You can put a bird on his shoulder by swinging the panel out and kinda wedging it in there. It doesn't lock in or anything, but is stable enough for display.
    I'll have to try that. I currently have laserbeak resting of Bruticus' shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Too bad about the vehicle mode and the lack of ejection. I believe the chest is designed to hold up to 3 disks, that's what I've read from several sources.
    It disc was hard to get in the ejector as well. I thought I was going to break it trying to jam it in.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Yeah, I mentioned him above I think, linked to the other 2 but didn't think to link to Smokescreen. This is way better than the Takara piece using Knock Out's body - that made no sense at all, surprised you bought it. I like this character a lot, but that didn't represent him to me. This new piece I suspect wasn't made for Beast Hunters, the alt mode has none of the trademark changes, instead relying on a clip-on accessory to do that. I bet they made the mold for last year's line and just held it back.

I posted the other two as they were more recent in hand pics. Smokescreen... I guess I'm just a sucker for the microns.

Ah, you know what, I linked to those pictures in a different thread and only thought I linked to them here. My bad.

I like the idea of Microns a lot, just not the pricetag.

Spotted TF: Generations FOC Voyager-class Soundwave in the wild today, passed. Chest is so deep and looks out of scale, I'll wait until I see Soundblaster and decide then.

Also spotted TFPBH dlx Soundwave with itsy bitsy guaranteed-to-be-lost Ravage.

I definitely want Beast Hunters Smokescreen and most likely Ripclaw.

Other than those and FOC Grimlock, there's not much Hasbro anything to really look forward to for months.