Page 509 of 585 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 5849
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Spotted TF: Generations FOC Voyager-class Soundwave in the wild today, passed. Chest is so deep and looks out of scale, I'll wait until I see Soundblaster and decide then.
    I noticed that too, until I stood the WFC and FOC side by side. The WFC has a deep chest as well.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I definitely want Beast Hunters Smokescreen and most likely Ripclaw.

Other than those and FOC Grimlock, there's not much Hasbro anything to really look forward to for months.
    Aside from Ripclaw, who I doubt I'll bother with although she looks cooler than the dragony things in the line, that's my list as well. And maybe FOC Soundblaster. And maaaaaaaybe the FOC Wreckers (remolds of the Combaticons).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I noticed that too, until I stood the WFC and FOC side by side. The WFC has a deep chest as well.
    Yeah, but it seems like the FOC figure's shoulders are set further forward and the head is smaller to create the proportional issue I had.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hit up Culver City TJ Maxx and found more TFP Ultra Magnuses (Magni?), another Thundertron and Star Hammer for $13 each, and Dlx Rumble for $7 each. I decided to splurge and get Ultra Magnus and Rumble.

Rumble is better than I expected despite the kibble on the shoulders. It's not terribly recognizable as Rumble (or Frenzy) IMO, but it does have a nice look and there are a few good touches from the original character. Good uses of deco, paint and clear plastics.

Ultra Magnus is ok, the transformation is pretty good despite a notable kibble shell on the back, vehicle mode is very chintzy and the lack of paint makes it look like a toddler toy, robot mode is alright although has proportion issues. I thought I grabbed the one with both eyes painted right, instead I set that one down and picked back up the one with a notch unpainted in his right eye, smooooooth.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I haven't opened my Ultra Magnus yet.

Not planning on getting the character, but doesn't the mold they used for Smokescreen remind you guys of Jazz an awful lot?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'll probably want Beast Hunters Shockwave as well (even though TFP voyagers have tended to be disappointments more often than not) but that still doesn't make for very much that's worthwhile in Hasbro's pipeline.

Hey guys. Just wanted to check in and give an update.

I was fortunate enough to find all of the FOC wave 3 last week. The main one I wanted was Starscream, and I am thrilled to have him. A note of caution though: be careful when bending his knees. Some people are reporting that his knees are so tight that when they attempted to bend them the pin inside broke. I have been lucky enough to not have this problem so far, but still it warrants repeating so others will be aware. Having said that, I love, love, love this figure. Everything about him impresses me, from the G1 homage in colors to the light piping. If you are a fan of SS like I am, get this figure.

*I know that some don't share my enthusiasm for FOC SS, but I wanted to find it so bad and when I did it was a moment of great victory for me personally. I may be incorporating some of that feeling into how I feel about the figure itself, but nevertheless I still think its great.

Ultra Magnus is cool. The colors, new head, and sword make it more interesting than Prime.

Sideswipe is okay. If you have FOC Jazz then you get the idea. He does come with a pretty big gun though, which is a nice touch.

Air Raid is nice. I was going to pass on him but his colors really grabbed my attention and his sword is pretty sweet.

Kickback is one of those I will keep in bot mode. Tried to get him into bug mode and it looked kind of weird. Not sure if I did it wrong or whatever, but he looks neat in robot mode and I like him.

JediTricks, I know you mentioned this several days ago, but I share your opinion on the buster gun from Jetwing Optimus. It is nice and all, but I had a dog of a time getting it converted and then it kept coming apart. Once I finally got it right I gave it to my regular ROTF Leader Optimus and haven't touched it since.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I came across all the Combaticons in Target this morning. The only ones that tempt me are Brawl and especially Blast Off. I may buy them down the road. Blast Off looks fantastic in robot mode and Brawl makes a pretty cool Deluxe Class tank. I don't really have a desire to build Bruticus. I have fond memories of the G1 I had as a kid and this is not the same thing by a long shot. Brawl and Blast Off are bigger this time though, and that appeals to me, not the FOC asthetic for Swindle, Onslaught, and Vortex.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I picked up Beast Hunter Soundwave. It's of cheaper quality than the TF:Prime one. The connections are not tight in vehicle/beast mode. the wings easily disconnect and the head has to be forcefully joined. I probably should have passed on him as it basically is the same figure as TF:Prime in different colors.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I picked up Beast Hunter Soundwave. It's of cheaper quality than the TF:Prime one. The connections are not tight in vehicle/beast mode. the wings easily disconnect and the head has to be forcefully joined. I probably should have passed on him as it basically is the same figure as TF:Prime in different colors.
    I bought him for Ravage, and then gave Ravage to the original Soundwave.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

That's a great idea. The ravage chest plate looks better and then I can place laserbeak on his hand.