Page 510 of 565 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 5648
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    That's a great idea. The ravage chest plate looks better and then I can place laserbeak on his hand.
    Precisely.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Ross has gotten into the TFP action, I picked up another Vehicon and Sergeant Kup for $6 a piece (cheaper than TJ maxx!).

Also, I have an extra TFP Rumble for $7 if anybody wants it, otherwise it's going back to TJ Maxx.

--

FOC Grimlock has been spotted at an Arizona TRU! And on markdown for $20! Luuuuucky!

--

Japanese FOC Bruticus looks sooooooooooo much better than US SDCC-exclusive:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...images-176714/
    to hell with you Hasbro, that's the last straw! I paid $110 for game-accuracy and you give me mass-retail quality screwups, then Takara goes and releases this, why did I pay you anything for this collector exclusive? WHY DO YOU SUCK HASBRO?!?

Still, deco can't hide massive design flaws.

--

Kup is not a bad TFP figure, I thought it'd be a lot worse. It's odd to see a TFP character with a nose. Kup in alt mode is not that much bigger than the Ironhide Cyberverse Commander figure, like maybe 2/3rds, and it's clear by the head that this was supposed to be the same Ironhide character. Alt mode is a pickup truck, and like G1 Kup, on this figure there's no bottom to the bed, it's hollow to the ground, but here it's a bit of a drawback and even plugging the accessories into the bed doesn't cover it up. That and the cheap wheel design are the only real negatives to alt mode (unless you count the facade windshield on the truck belly).

Transformation is pretty interesting and differs in a few big ways from the Cyberverse version, but the hood having to be stretched past the headlights is super frustrating and it often pops out of its hinge. That said, the hood just sticks out a country mile in official bot mode, so putting it back on the hinge backwards looks way better - albeit Legoformed (Kreoformed?). It's a little more fiddly going back to alt mode because of a demanding order of things, but still not bad.

Bot mode is about twice as big as the Cyberverse figure, and not as wide or bulky. The truck fenders still block the view of either side of the head though. The figure has good articulation and lots of detail, but very little paint unfortunately. The lower legs are the part I don't like looking at, they're not terrible but the design could be more attractive. The 2 twin stubby cannons have good detail and are hollow on the bottom to accommodate some kibble on the forearm, they can be combined to create basically a long tube-gun with a large bore, or individually be held or pegged to the outside of the forearms although those holes are pretty loose.

I saw this exact same figure at West Hollywood Target the same night times 3 at $18.29, that's INSANE for what this is, even at $15 is hard to swallow, but overall it works within the lower budget better than earlier TFP RID figures.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'll probably want Beast Hunters Shockwave as well (even though TFP voyagers have tended to be disappointments more often than not) but that still doesn't make for very much that's worthwhile in Hasbro's pipeline.
    Same here, all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Hey guys. Just wanted to check in and give an update.

I was fortunate enough to find all of the FOC wave 3 last week. The main one I wanted was Starscream, and I am thrilled to have him. A note of caution though: be careful when bending his knees. Some people are reporting that his knees are so tight that when they attempted to bend them the pin inside broke. I have been lucky enough to not have this problem so far, but still it warrants repeating so others will be aware.
    Nice finds, my Starscream indeed had that problem and the left knee hinge broke the outer knee part, not the pin. The joint is now stupidly loose, dangling whenever I pick him up, but the leg is still attached. I'm looking to replace him, but hate hearing this is a repeated problem - wouldn't want it to happen on my next one as well. The part on his outer knee broke without ANY resistance either, not even a pinky's worth of force caused it to break, it snapped free so easily.

Surprisingly, I see he's available on Amazon right now so I ordered a replacement, will return the original to TRU for the $17 and change.

They also have FOC Ultra Magnus, Air Raid (under the name Fireflight), and Sideswipe. $15 a pop plus tax.

Having said that, I love, love, love this figure. Everything about him impresses me, from the G1 homage in colors to the light piping. If you are a fan of SS like I am, get this figure.

*I know that some don't share my enthusiasm for FOC SS, but I wanted to find it so bad and when I did it was a moment of great victory for me personally. I may be incorporating some of that feeling into how I feel about the figure itself, but nevertheless I still think its great.
    Glad you found him. It's a good figure but IMO too simple, there's not enough sculpted detail, the figure isn't sharp enough, and they cheaped out on the design. So good, could be better.

Sideswipe is okay. If you have FOC Jazz then you get the idea. He does come with a pretty big gun though, which is a nice touch.

Air Raid is nice. I was going to pass on him but his colors really grabbed my attention and his sword is pretty sweet.
    I'm on the fence about these 2, I had an Air Raid in my hand but passed due to the $17 pricetag for a repaint that doesn't look a thing like he does in the game. But they both do look good and have new accessories.

JediTricks, I know you mentioned this several days ago, but I share your opinion on the buster gun from Jetwing Optimus. It is nice and all, but I had a dog of a time getting it converted and then it kept coming apart. Once I finally got it right I gave it to my regular ROTF Leader Optimus and haven't touched it since.
    I've since done it 3 times, it's a little clearer once you've gone through it a couple times and attached it to LC Prime's hand where the kibble lays against the forearm to suggest (albeit poorly) that it's a gun spawning from his forearm. But yeah, definitely could have been better, glad it wasn't the only new thing in this set.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I came across all the Combaticons in Target this morning. The only ones that tempt me are Brawl and especially Blast Off. I may buy them down the road. Blast Off looks fantastic in robot mode and Brawl makes a pretty cool Deluxe Class tank. I don't really have a desire to build Bruticus. I have fond memories of the G1 I had as a kid and this is not the same thing by a long shot. Brawl and Blast Off are bigger this time though, and that appeals to me, not the FOC asthetic for Swindle, Onslaught, and Vortex.
    Blast Off has terrible shoulder design, he's not fun to pose due to that, and as a shuttle he's a lot of compromises to make him less fun.

Brawl on his own isn't that fun a toy as the tank has no wheels and lots of gaps. Not terrible, but not worth your time either. Save your money.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Japanese FOC Bruticus looks sooooooooooo much better than US SDCC-exclusive:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...images-176714/
    to hell with you Hasbro, that's the last straw! I paid $110 for game-accuracy and you give me mass-retail quality screwups, then Takara goes and releases this, why did I pay you anything for this collector exclusive? WHY DO YOU SUCK HASBRO?!?
    Bruticus with four Brawl appendages is pretty neat though.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Thanks for the reviews, JT.

I wanted a CYBERVERSE sized Kup (the character). Perhaps if I find the discounted (Deluxe TFP?) figure it would look nicely in scale with my Titanium Ultra Magnus? (An approximately Voyager class sized figure.)

Now I figured out what to do about the Michael Bay movies:

1) They do not reboot the first 3. They count.
    2) Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave die quite permanently in Chicago (as does Sentinel Prime) and "Combaticons" Brawl, Vortex (Blackout, Grindor), and Onslaught (close enough to Megatron's TF3 Alt form).

So how do we make an interesting movie without the above characters? Well we can. We have the characters.

First - don't make this a sequel. Make it take place DURING ROTF or DOTM.

Second - have it be a mission that must be completed for Optimus Prime or Megatron, or mission(S) for both that must be achieved to achieve the results of the established movies.

Third - the cast:

Decepticons:

a) Galvatron - he is an entirely separate character from Megatron and has his own ambitions to be The Fallen's No. 2 and then take over. His alt-mode could be something Cybertronian and terrifying.

b) Cyclonus - Galvatron's first lieutenant and air commander - he is in his G1 character but turns into an F-18 Hornet to be realistic to an earth disguise. His personality and loyalty to Galvatron, and perhaps The Fallen is as it would be were he the G1.5 character.

c) Scourge / the Sweeps - they are sea and land operable hovercraft, current military look

d) Blitzwing - a triple changer that can join Cyclonus on air attacks

e) Astrotrain - just like his G1 form. His transformation is incredible to get the length for the locomotive with maybe an extra cargo car.

f) Swindle - need a small Decepticon. There won't be other Combaticons perhaps. Or there will be and Astrotrain will form Bruticus with them (don't need or might be able to go with 2 space shuttles, but the size dictates that he will be the main body of Bruticus instead of Onslaught).

g) Combaticons: Blast Off will be the largest and form the body. Onslaught, Vortex, Brawl, and Swindle will be the limbs. New characters might need to be added like Devastator went to 7 Constructicons instead of 6. Bruticus could add a Harrier jet or two - perhaps reimagined Thundercracker and Skywarp?

Look - it might have to change the "cannon," to fit in the Michael Bay universe - which in many ways I DO perfer - though not how he handled Wheeljack and Mirage - mostly the former. Arcee as well - possibly.

But let's go to the Autobots:

the Leader will be Ultra Magnus. He works for Optimus Prime (who doesn't have to be in the movie but for a cameo - and the Autobot characters might mention the "death of Prime" during the course of the events they experience and Magnus could wonder whether he should rendezvous with Ironhide and SideSwipe during ROTF and take command, or mind his duty on the mission for this movie. Good conflict for the character.

Kup - Ultra Magnus would choose the Autobot with the most experience to be his first lieutenant. Kup will be an old pick-up. What else?

Springer - the best Autobot warrior on the team. His military background would give reason for him to be a defecting former Decepticon. Gives him both war experience and an edge. His triple-changing might or might not be needed. Helicopter mode for sure.

Hound - will be Springer's war buddy. Jeep as always. Could be a Humvee as reimagined though.

Trailbreaker - fits in with the off-road, all-purpose nature of the rest of this crew.

The story might focus on the Autobots above with Springer and Hound being leads like BumbleBee (alive and probably in Washington D.C. or Egypt at this time). Ultra Magnus would be the detached but heroic leader in the "Prime role."

Available Autobot cars might also include Hot Rod (not a Cybertronian mode), Sunstreaker (with concerns for his brother Sideswipe also serving in Egypt or somewhere), Blurr (another earth mode car, not Cybertronian but talks fast like his G1.5 character). Smokescreen and Tracks.

Hot Rod could be a central character, but I think I've imagined a better story for Springer / Hound / Ultra Magnus.

I think "my version" of Galvatron (though I'd like him to be built from Megatron though it doesn't seem to be an option at this point) is still pretty awesome and makes the Decepticon leader of this cast pretty darn cool.

HUMANS?

A new military cast with CIA opertatives - and possibly other Sector 7 agents.

If it were affordable and as a joke, I'd add a cameo by Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as the Men In Black (Cars). John Turturro's character would be busy.

The "Michael Bay movie sexy chick?" I'd make her or both of them CIA and / or infantry military, possibly Sector 7, (which would be "officially disbanded at this point") but play the women seriously.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Bruticus with four Brawl appendages is pretty neat though.
    Yeah, reminds me of PCC that way though, too much repetition on a theme.

In the US we'll have 4 releases of each Combaticon, so you'll be able to do that with SDCC, mainline, G2, and the mainline Wreckers version.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Was there a U.S. store that picked up Masterpiece Soundwave yet?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Was there a U.S. store that picked up Masterpiece Soundwave yet?
    Not yet. Toy Fair is in a couple weeks. But odds are, it will be TRU, announced at Botcon, and held for Christmas.

You know, the Japanese release is like $175. So, still, $110 would've considered a discount.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...67&mode=retail

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    You know, the Japanese release is like $175. So, still, $110 would've considered a discount.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...67&mode=retail
    From HLJ they're only $133.15 for the 5, tho' they're saying list price for the 5 would be $166.40:
    http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT47596
    http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT47595
    http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT47594
    http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT47593
    http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT47592

I saw a fan mode using Skystalker as a chest plate for Bruticus but of course, I can't locate where my Skystalker is.

I'd like to complete my Kreo micro changers wave 1 set and they're even a part of Target's Valentine's section but every store I've visited has had empty shelves.