Page 515 of 581 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 5809
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is it about Star Wars that is speaking to you right now? I'm a little underwhelmed there also.
    Over the last year and a half, I bought more Transformers than anything else. It is my 2nd favorite franchise, behind Star Wars of course. I visited my parents a few weeks ago and was going through some of my collection that I had in storage there. As I was looking through things, it helped re-kindle my love for SW. I really enjoyed the vintage collection and now I'm determined to fill in the gaps that I missed. Also seeing that the new 6 inch figures are coming out has helped boost my excitement. I almost feel bad that I "ignored" Star Wars for so long, but that is something that I am going to remedy.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    That's about standard for a 3P fairly complex deluxed sized figure lately.(In this case by "fairly complex I mean compared to what iGears mini-warriors line has turned into.) The FP "Insecticons" were only $5ish cheaper when they first came out, and those lacked the third mode needed for a combiner that these have. At the very least its not Perfect Effect crazy deluxe prices.. like their $100 Arcee motobot.
    I get that it's a standard price, but those figures usually are sharper and more complex than what these look like. I haven't seen the third-modes on these guys, that I suppose could really change my mind, but I'm doubtful.

All true, but JT is right to flinch. That's a high price if it isn't something you can't live without. That just happens to be how I feel about it - ha! I'm an idiot...
    You can't live without 'em? Wow! Seriously, I cannot understand why Hasbro utterly refuses to tap that collector market, it's like they're throwing away money. And then they get mad at the third party guys when they refuse to use their own IP in that way - if Hasbro hadn't completely ignored the smaller collector market, there wouldn't have been this demand for these third party items!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I really enjoy Transformers, but honestly right now I am a bit underwhelmed . I want MP Soundwave but I will wait for a Hasbro release. The Beast Hunters stuff isn't really my thing, even though I got Wheeljack and he is really neat. I think after I get FOC Grimlock and Blaster I will take a break. I am focusing more on Star Wars now anyway.
    I feel you. Outside of the MP's and a handful of third party, I'm not that drawn to anything either. Just out of curiosity, what is it about Star Wars that is speaking to you right now? I'm a little underwhelmed there also.
    I'm hoping Hasbro will have some 2nd half of the year products to dazzle us collectors. I feel similarly, I want MP Soundwave, FOC Grimlock and Soundblaster, and Beast Hunters Smokescreen... and that's kind it, not a lot to look forward to. But like Chaddy said, with SW there's absolutely nothing to look forward to until after Comic-Con.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I want Grimlock, no question. I want to see Kickback in person before judging. (I'd say I want him, but I wanted Magnus until I saw him.) Beyond that, unless there's a serious change, I'm done for a while. I've no interest in their repainting Fall of Cybertron characters as different "Fall of Cybertron Expanded Universe" characters that are so loosely based on G1 characters that they may as well not have bothered. And the price is way too high for the size and quality.

Unlike J&H, I'm not going back to SW. The long dry spell, particularly coming on the heels of things I just don't care about like Clone Wars and Legacy, hasn't exactly killed my interest, but made me far more selective. The $12-and-rising cost has only cemented that.

I guess they sorta timed the return of G.I.Joe fairly well, though I suspect that it's going to fizzle, with stores being clogged by Waves 1-2, and none of the better stuff from later waves getting a wide release. (Certainly doesn't help that better versions of many 1-2 figures have been confirmed for later waves, and that stores already got and sold out of 1-2.) But, again, twice what they cost five years ago for sacrificed articulation and accessories is not a recipe for total success.
    I don't even want Kickback, I've seen enough pictures to tell me a sad story there.

I want to like the FOC Wreckers, but I do agree with your point, it's pretty loose and quite costly. I also agree with being more and more selective with Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Over the last year and a half, I bought more Transformers than anything else. It is my 2nd favorite franchise, behind Star Wars of course. I visited my parents a few weeks ago and was going through some of my collection that I had in storage there. As I was looking through things, it helped re-kindle my love for SW. I really enjoyed the vintage collection and now I'm determined to fill in the gaps that I missed. Also seeing that the new 6 inch figures are coming out has helped boost my excitement. I almost feel bad that I "ignored" Star Wars for so long, but that is something that I am going to remedy.
    Sounds like you didn't buy much Star Wars then, as there simply wasn't much TF to buy in 2012.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

All true, but JT is right to flinch. That's a high price if it isn't something you can't live without. That just happens to be how I feel about it - ha! I'm an idiot...
    Oh yeah, I certainly don't fault anyone for not picking up a lot of 3P stuff.. but I too am an idiot.

I'm getting MP Soundwave in the next month or so.. I had some Christmas money left over and decided I didn't want to wait... but I do have to wait until TFSource gets their second shipment in. I will certainly give you guys my thoughts on him when he comes in!

I recently acquired some older Lego sets and was quite surprised by the amount of money they fetch on the after market. $110 for a boxed 111 piece General Greivous Chase set? Uh, OK! I've sold a couple of more sets since and almost have enough money to get that ridiculous WfC Omega Supreme.

Lego sets sure do skyrocket in price on the secondary market. I've thought about getting the Executor and keeping it MIB for a few years.

I bought FOC Magnus recently just to use the TRU rewards. The sword looks great with Prime Voyager Magnus btw. And I guess I never did post photos of my repaints of him and FE Optimus.

A buddy of mine texted me earlier to let me know he found FOC Blaster and Grimlock. He hid them for me, so as soon as I'm off work I will be headed that way to get them. That will pretty much do it for me on TF's for a while.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I found Blaster and Grimlock today at TRU.

They both look great. I want both.

But not at TRU's full price, not when I know there will either be a sale or they'll be cheaper at Target.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Can't imagine turning my nose up at Grimlock for $2 more than Target, or were they back up to $27?

Target had the new Cyberverse vehicle sets, no electronics and they didn't even give the Smokescreen ship windows on the side of the cockpit, so I'm going to wait and see. Also had the new Voyagers, both look really chintzy.

Steve is live-updating on the TF news coming out of Hasbro's Toy Fair presentation: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Actio...89549157730985

Cyberverse Cmdr is getting a Shockwave as well. Everything else so far hasn't dazzled me.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just announced 24" tall FOC-inspired Metroplex. They are showing it in person. I can't wait to see what the photos look like. $125! Light up eyes, triple-changer, Scamper, sounds with phrases, sounds pretty pimp!

Also, confirmed MP Soundwave and he'll come with 5 cassette minions! TRU still exclusive on MP line, also getting Acid Storm, big whoop IMO.

I'm not usually given to such memes, but looking at the pics of Metroplex, all I can think is "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" and "I KEEP THROWING MY MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!"