Page 521 of 585 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 5843
    Another quick note on Smokescreen:

it appears the electronet projector that slides over the missile is designed to fold its ends together to make an envelope-type shape, I guess to trap the tiniest minicons or something, one end has a notch and the other has a corresponding tab shaped to fit through it. It doesn't look good on the car mode, but in bot mode it looks much more reasonable than trying to wield a super-wide projectile around.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw Smokescreen the other day but didn't get him. I was afraid that stupid blue armor wouldn't come off.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

So I'm talking to a buddy about Grimlock, he said he saw it finally at the store and it looked bad enough that he passed, but he didn't know it was hollow. So I get mine out to help me describe, and inside the chest I see that there are 2 light pipe sections that are supposed to line up with 2 lower slits in the figure's chest, but it was designed wrong so they LIGHT UP NOTHING. They stay hidden behind the gold plastic. Super pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I saw Smokescreen the other day but didn't get him. I was afraid that stupid blue armor wouldn't come off.
    It's like a car bra, it comes right off, it's rubbery. If you see him again, he's probably worth getting unless you don't like fiddly figures.

Oh, and another odd deco thing about the left hood, not only is the lens over the headlights darker yellow than the right hood half, but the blue stripe is painted further down the nose where the right side's stripe starts a millimeter above the nose intake housing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My bad. I didn't know the distinction (aside from the one, which I guess is the actual Wikia, sucks).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

How do you guys feel about Hasbro / TF4 writer(s) creating all new characters - mostly for the Decepticon leadership I'd imagine?

Could they be cool, or must Galvatron arrive and be created from Megatron for you to like it?

In other words, could something new be cool?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

JT, "favorite car transformer" over the likes of Generations Drift, Blurr, Tracks, Wheeljack and it's still just a B?

Interestingly the Cyberverse Smokescreen got a few details right that the Deluxe does not - checkered flags on the doors, Autobot symbol on the hood and blue eyes as opposed to yellow.

And on the Deluxe, all the tabbing can be troublesome but at least not on the levels of trouble that come with DOTM Leader Sentinel and ROTF Leader Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So I'm talking to a buddy about Grimlock, he said he saw it finally at the store and it looked bad enough that he passed, but he didn't know it was hollow. So I get mine out to help me describe, and inside the chest I see that there are 2 light pipe sections that are supposed to line up with 2 lower slits in the figure's chest, but it was designed wrong so they LIGHT UP NOTHING. They stay hidden behind the gold plastic. Super pro.
    Are you talking about in robot mode?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I can't wait for the triple-changer Voyagers Springer and Blitzwing!

Those are my next Transformers purchases.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, "favorite car transformer" over the likes of Generations Drift, Blurr, Tracks, Wheeljack and it's still just a B?
    Favorite car in the transformers line, the bot mode has a few small issues and the transformation with the arms is just too much to give a higher rating. Wheeljack's not as nice a car, but he's not a miserable pain in the tailpipe to transform either. Still, the car mode is so very gorgeous.

Interestingly the Cyberverse Smokescreen got a few details right that the Deluxe does not - checkered flags on the doors, Autobot symbol on the hood and blue eyes as opposed to yellow.
    I noticed that about the Legion Smokescreen's checkered flag detail, but since I don't even like it on the CGI character, it didn't sway me.

And on the Deluxe, all the tabbing can be troublesome but at least not on the levels of trouble that come with DOTM Leader Sentinel and ROTF Leader Optimus.
    I dunno about Sentinel, but Optimus' troubles are with bigger parts tabbing together and stronger joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Are you talking about in robot mode?
    Yeah, but I'll show you what I mean too:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0536-.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	27219 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0537-.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	27220

Look at how much red plastic is on the tree that leads to nowhere, someone didn't do their job correctly by miscalculating how much shrinkage there'd be on that section. C'mon, this figure already has enough drawbacks without that!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Favorite car in the transformers line, the bot mode has a few small issues and the transformation with the arms is just too much to give a higher rating. Wheeljack's not as nice a car, but he's not a miserable pain in the tailpipe to transform either. Still, the car mode is so very gorgeous.

I noticed that about the Legion Smokescreen's checkered flag detail, but since I don't even like it on the CGI character, it didn't sway me.

I dunno about Sentinel, but Optimus' troubles are with bigger parts tabbing together and stronger joints.

Yeah, but I'll show you what I mean too:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0536-.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	27219 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0537-.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	27220

Look at how much red plastic is on the tree that leads to nowhere, someone didn't do their job correctly by miscalculating how much shrinkage there'd be on that section. C'mon, this figure already has enough drawbacks without that!
    I'm still not really following. I guess I'll have to compare to my figure at home.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!