Page 523 of 578 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 5775
    BH deluxes are on sale for $10 at Target this week, so I bought Starscream because, I don't know? I guess I like to torture myself. Actually, he's pretty alright. If it wasn't for that weird choice of lavender on him, he would make a pretty acceptable Starscream. Wacky alt-mode design aside anyway. My long term plan is to paint over those lavender parts, and tweek his colors so he's not so Prime Starscreamy. I can always use more Decepticons. His claw weapon thing is fine, but too big for him. Can't really pose with it well. I have plenty of spare microns from the AM line so I guess I'll be donating one to him. I think most of my Hasbro Prime figures have gained a micron at this point anyway.

Opened a few more while "cleaning" yesterday.

Blaster: I can't complain about him. He's light years beyond the other "Classics" Blaster we got. Not sure how much retooling was done from Soundwave/Soundblaster, but it's a solid sculpt. The arms could use a little work. Still good enough that I might get a Soundblaster to have one in vehicle mode as well. The gimmick is a little stupid, though. A-

Steeljaw: God, this is a turd. It's like they thought, "Man, Blaster is so much cooler than Grimlock. We need to put something in there that sucks so he averages out to be like Grimlock." Gappy, lacking detail, and unable to stay in position well. Most frustrating, it looks like the back should snap into his hindquarters, but it's impossible to do. If this were in a dollar store, I'd be less surprised--but he'd still be a ripoff. F

GDO Powerdive: I got him because, like Lugnut a year or so ago, he's a good "generic" to fill in my Decepticons, and looked good in the package. (And, at least Powerdive has a G2 pedigree, making him "canon.") Unfortunately, I couldn't see how insanely short his arms are until I took him out of the box. Okay, I guess they're technically not short, but they look it. Which is a major disappointment; aside from the arms, he's a solid enough robot. Alt mode is okay, but the paint was too wonky for me to consider displaying him in that position. B-
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    BH deluxes are on sale for $10 at Target this week, so I bought Starscream because, I don't know? I guess I like to torture myself. Actually, he's pretty alright. If it wasn't for that weird choice of lavender on him, he would make a pretty acceptable Starscream. Wacky alt-mode design aside anyway. My long term plan is to paint over those lavender parts, and tweek his colors so he's not so Prime Starscreamy. I can always use more Decepticons. His claw weapon thing is fine, but too big for him. Can't really pose with it well. I have plenty of spare microns from the AM line so I guess I'll be donating one to him. I think most of my Hasbro Prime figures have gained a micron at this point anyway.
    Thanks for the 411 on the sale. Had I gone out yesterday with my Smokescreen receipt, I would have had an easy time getting that $8.59 back, but today was 1 day over the 14-day Target adjustment limit, so I had to buy a different BH deluxe and return it using the $18.59 receipt (that was on their advice no less!), and that store didn't have any left so I had to go to a second store to make that happen.

I technically bought Starscream, but went right from register to return desk.

How are the Microns? I don't have any as I'm not importing anything right now, but those are pretty tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Opened a few more while "cleaning" yesterday.

Blaster: I can't complain about him. He's light years beyond the other "Classics" Blaster we got. Not sure how much retooling was done from Soundwave/Soundblaster, but it's a solid sculpt. The arms could use a little work. Still good enough that I might get a Soundblaster to have one in vehicle mode as well. The gimmick is a little stupid, though. A-
    Glad you kept and dig him. Blaster's only remolds are head, wheels, and chest facade, and weapon of course.
    Steeljaw: God, this is a turd. It's like they thought, "Man, Blaster is so much cooler than Grimlock. We need to put something in there that sucks so he averages out to be like Grimlock." Gappy, lacking detail, and unable to stay in position well. Most frustrating, it looks like the back should snap into his hindquarters, but it's impossible to do. If this were in a dollar store, I'd be less surprised--but he'd still be a ripoff. F
    There should be a lower rating than F for this figure. I'm guessing you don't have Ravage, he's an F and Steeljaw is WORSE slightly thanks to the color and remolded parts on the back.
    GDO Powerdive: I got him because, like Lugnut a year or so ago, he's a good "generic" to fill in my Decepticons, and looked good in the package. (And, at least Powerdive has a G2 pedigree, making him "canon.") Unfortunately, I couldn't see how insanely short his arms are until I took him out of the box. Okay, I guess they're technically not short, but they look it. Which is a major disappointment; aside from the arms, he's a solid enough robot. Alt mode is okay, but the paint was too wonky for me to consider displaying him in that position. B-
    Sorry to hear that, I have the original and the arms are frustrating, just never occurred to me to be frustrated with their LENGTH. Ok, now I know why, I just got my Highbrow and transformed him (he's hard to remember because of his odd transformation), and when I transform him I bend his forearms forward about 30 degrees which adds maybe half an inch of arm length and put the fists in line with the rest of the arm instead of way outside that. Still, overall ranking is alright.

If they had given the alt mode a more drastic color instead of military green, I think I would have bought Powerdive to go with Highbrow. Actually, maybe if I see him again I'll buy him anyway, his new head looks good and also has the movable helmet the way Highbrow does.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I technically bought Starscream, but went right from register to return desk.
    You know, I'm actually considering returning it. Thinking about it, I've rarely followed through on my repaint ideas in the past, so it's probably a waste of money despite the mold being decent.

How are the Microns? I don't have any as I'm not importing anything right now, but those are pretty tempting.
    I'm probably not the best person to ask for a balanced opinion, because I have become a micron addict. Why no, I did not buy a lucky draw version of Hades, the Ratbat guy from Darkness Megatron. That did not happen. (It totally happened.)

Anyway, attempting to be objective, they range from mediocre to pretty cool. The micron that comes with Wildrider (who is also probably the best looking figure unique to the Arms Micron line) is probably my favorite. It turns from an elephant to a pretty convincing grenade launcher. Others are not as successful, such as Wheeljack awkward looking sword. The Autobot versions tend to be boring in their bot modes, but generally have pretty good to acceptable weapon modes. The Decepticon versions come off better since the animal alt modes are a bit more visually interesting. Speaking of cons, both versions of the combiner sword are pretty great, and do not suffer from the connection issues that the Armada Star Saber had. On the other side, the combiner shield from the single pack microns is a pretty cool match with BH Voyager Prime. The red and blues being a close, if not exact match from figure to shield.

It was an interesting take on the minicon gimmick, and I'm kinda sad to see it going away.

There should be a lower rating than F for this figure. I'm guessing you don't have Ravage, he's an F and Steeljaw is WORSE slightly thanks to the color and remolded parts on the back.
    Oh, no, no, no. I ain't paying five bucks each for things that are obvious crap. Steeljaw was essentially a freebie; I can live with him. I might get Ramhorn if I see him, since I have this weird love for the character and you said he's the one cassette who doesn't blow goats, but I won't lose sleep if I don't.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I found FOC Starscream today. It looked like a nice sculpt so I bought him. However upon taking another look at him, it appears that he has a hollow chest much like Grimlock. I haven't made a decision on whether or not to return him yet. As I like the robot mode, I might just hang onto him.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

You know, I'm actually considering returning it. Thinking about it, I've rarely followed through on my repaint ideas in the past, so it's probably a waste of money despite the mold being decent.
    Can't do worse than the paint that's already on it, that's the fugliest Starscream I can remember in terms of deco. And ten bucks.

I'm probably not the best person to ask for a balanced opinion, because I have become a micron addict. Why no, I did not buy a lucky draw version of Hades, the Ratbat guy from Darkness Megatron. That did not happen. (It totally happened.)

Anyway, attempting to be objective, they range from mediocre to pretty cool. The micron that comes with Wildrider (who is also probably the best looking figure unique to the Arms Micron line) is probably my favorite. It turns from an elephant to a pretty convincing grenade launcher. Others are not as successful, such as Wheeljack awkward looking sword. The Autobot versions tend to be boring in their bot modes, but generally have pretty good to acceptable weapon modes. The Decepticon versions come off better since the animal alt modes are a bit more visually interesting. Speaking of cons, both versions of the combiner sword are pretty great, and do not suffer from the connection issues that the Armada Star Saber had. On the other side, the combiner shield from the single pack microns is a pretty cool match with BH Voyager Prime. The red and blues being a close, if not exact match from figure to shield.

It was an interesting take on the minicon gimmick, and I'm kinda sad to see it going away.
    Oh, yeah, you are a bit biased. I liked minicons, especially the ones that turned into vehicles AND weapons. I'll have to keep a lookout for cheap Microns then.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Oh, no, no, no. I ain't paying five bucks each for things that are obvious crap. Steeljaw was essentially a freebie; I can live with him. I might get Ramhorn if I see him, since I have this weird love for the character and you said he's the one cassette who doesn't blow goats, but I won't lose sleep if I don't.
    Ramhorn & Eject are worth buying to go with Blaster, Eject is an adequate mold and Ramhorn is quite cool. Steeljaw is so bad it's actually bringing Blaster down.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I found FOC Starscream today. It looked like a nice sculpt so I bought him. However upon taking another look at him, it appears that he has a hollow chest much like Grimlock. I haven't made a decision on whether or not to return him yet. As I like the robot mode, I might just hang onto him.
    Starscream's chest isn't hollow, his back is a big empty box but he's got a sculpted lower spine inside so it's not a total ripoff like Grimlock, there's an attempt to make it look like a whole robot plus a big empty box on the back, if you removed the box you'd still have a passable robot (with no arms, becuase they're connected to the box, but they could be fictionally connected to the collar instead and then it'd still work). I can see not wanting to get burned, but I personally don't feel burned by Starscream the same way I do with Grimlock.

Speaking of FOC Grimlock, his dino arms can hold his sword above the grip, I dunno if they intended it this way or it was just an accident, but it gives him passable sword storage in robot mode.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Starscream's chest isn't hollow, his back is a big empty box but he's got a sculpted lower spine inside so it's not a total ripoff like Grimlock, there's an attempt to make it look like a whole robot plus a big empty box on the back, if you removed the box you'd still have a passable robot (with no arms, becuase they're connected to the box, but they could be fictionally connected to the collar instead and then it'd still work). I can see not wanting to get burned, but I personally don't feel burned by Starscream the same way I do with Grimlock.
    Yeah, I meant hollow insides, but typed the wrong thing. I decided to keep him as I liked the robot mode to well. His upper body is a great representation of the game, however, I do not care for his legs.The reminded me of the Kenner a new hope Leia;
    bulky. Transformation is odd. Following the instructions, I never thought I would end up with a ship and it seemed wobbley. But then you connect the legs and voila, nice looking ship. I do wish the head would have been hidden better though.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I guess I should add: The biggest negative on the microns mentioned above are the stickers. They are extremely hit and miss in terms of the cut of the sticker matching the part, or peeling on curved surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Yeah, I meant hollow insides, but typed the wrong thing. I decided to keep him as I liked the robot mode to well. His upper body is a great representation of the game, however, I do not care for his legs.The reminded me of the Kenner a new hope Leia;
    bulky. Transformation is odd. Following the instructions, I never thought I would end up with a ship and it seemed wobbley. But then you connect the legs and voila, nice looking ship. I do wish the head would have been hidden better though.
    Ah, ok, that makes more sense. Glad to hear you like him enough to keep.

I do agree with you on the legs, they're bulky and sculpted very simply.

I felt the same way about the transformation the first time, and you are so right about the head just flopping down, looks not great.

I guess I should add: The biggest negative on the microns mentioned above are the stickers. They are extremely hit and miss in terms of the cut of the sticker matching the part, or peeling on curved surfaces.
    Yeah, I just saw that, I haaaaate stickers so that'd drive me crazy. Takara needs to get away from that sticker thing, I know they're saving a lot on paint apps but they've got to be eating it on sales from looking so bad.