Page 526 of 584 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 5839
    Transformers I want that do not exist:

Leader Bonecrusher
    Leader Blackout / Grindor
    Leader Fallen
    Leader Megatron (military fuel truck)
    Leader Shockwave (DOTM)
    Leader realistic repaint Galvatron
    Leader realistic repaint Cyclonus
    Leader realistic repaint Scourge
    Leader realistic repaint Blitzwing
    Leader realistic repaint Springer (triple changing)
    Leader realistic repaint Ultra Magnus

Voyager Overload
    Voyager Crankcase
    Voyager "Dread 2"
    Voyager "Dread 3"

Deluxe Scrapper
    Delusxe High Tower
    Deluxe Dino

Scout Wrek-Gar
    Scout BumbleBee
    Scout Jazz
    Scout SideSwipe
    Scout Mudflap
    Scout Skids

Cyberverse Wheelie (RC truck)

I'm sure there's plenty more. Getting tired. "Listing stuff" is a good brain exercise though. And utilizing that exercise, I have determined that I am not awake.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Don't want to spoil too much, but Senator Shockwave would likely be FOC Shockwave (or Air Raid; the repaint would require less repainting, ironically enough) with a new head. Maybe a few other minor mods. Nothing so drastic as building an entirely new Transformer.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well I got around to opening BH Shockwave, and here are my thoughts:

-nice size and bulk, feels solid
    -the tank tread can be taken out and inserted in his gun for the classic "hose"
    -light piping on him is awesome, reminds me of the piping on the DOTM voyager
    -alt mode is odd, but I am keeping him in robot mode anyway

Overall I say it definately warrants a purchase, and is my new favorite voyager from the Prime line.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Um, I guess SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't yet read IDW's More Than Meets The Eye comic series...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Did you read the Shadowplay storyline? Nothing happened? Maybe in the frame sequence (though they're clearly setting up what I assume is Overlord busting out and going apesnot all upside everyone's heads). But that flashback. Holy crap, that last page reveal floored me so much, I wound up in the basement, and I don't even have a basement.
    <sarcasm> No, I skipped a quarter of the first year's run, issues 9 through 11, before picking it back up in issues 12 through 15. </sarcasm>

How far are you caught up to the series? I don't want to say anything more until I know. If you aren't aware, MTMTE and RID are currently both up to issue 15, with MTMTE getting issue 16 on April 24th (assuming it makes its street date, of course).

Anyway, spending 3 issues in a flashback that picks up threads from Chaos Theory, published a year prior and before I got back into the title, seemed like a really odd thing. I wasn't particularly blown away by Senatorwave, it was an interesting turn of events and had the twist of being forced to undergo empurata and altering his emotional behavior, but conspicuously leaving the character unnamed and then changing his coloring in issue 10 was SUPER problematic and made it obvious something was coming, and on reflection having the character play Professor X to the X-Men-Bots while still not having a name was quite a thing. Liked that Trailbreaker was an X-bot though, and setting up a lot of political and even religious foundation to get there was pretty cool.

BTW, have any of you ever attempted to customize Transformers? That seems like an insane amount of work, particularly with there not being a standard body style. But I want a Senator Shockwave figure so badly, and no way will it ever happen unless I do it myself....
    I have not. I a few of the guys on my boards have, but Senatorwave doesn't have a single part that looks like his pre-empurata self: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Unnamed_...Patternism.jpg
    to his regular self, where they change nearly every part:
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Shadowplay3-SenatorWho.jpg

I'll ruminate on what figure would make a good stand-in for Senatorwave, my first instinct is Drift with his wheels swapped out for wings, his shoulders altered for wings, his windshield chest removed (maybe replaced with a different figure's) and paint changes, but I feel like there's a better figure out there that I just can't quite remember.

Don't want to spoil too much, but Senator Shockwave would likely be FOC Shockwave (or Air Raid; the repaint would require less repainting, ironically enough) with a new head. Maybe a few other minor mods. Nothing so drastic as building an entirely new Transformer.
    First off, just a new head? Really?

Secondly, the head on FOC Shockwave is on a spring-loaded panel and is hinged, I suspect it's going to be a beast to find a head that'll remotely work with that.

Thirdly, FOC Shockwave is the design they are using in present-day RID, so it's already Senatorwave in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Well I got around to opening BH Shockwave, and here are my thoughts:

-nice size and bulk, feels solid
    -the tank tread can be taken out and inserted in his gun for the classic "hose"
    -light piping on him is awesome, reminds me of the piping on the DOTM voyager
    -alt mode is odd, but I am keeping him in robot mode anyway

Overall I say it definately warrants a purchase, and is my new favorite voyager from the Prime line.
    Me <-- Jealous.

Good to hear that he lives up to his promise.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I support and echo JetandHeels comments on Shockwave.

Darn, I did venture into spoiler territory there, didn't I?

I just read Volume 3 (which includes the Annual and the 3-part Shadowplay story). I've got to read it in paperbacks, so I'm a little behind, but I know a few of the major things in upcoming issues from solicitations. The only comic shops within driving distance both suck in ways I've never known a comic shop to suck before (and stay in business long); they're inconsistent on ordering the few titles I follow and won't do a pull list unless you get a ton of comics each month. (I've got a friend sending me Regeneration One as it comes out, since I don't want spoilers in what's essentially the conclusion of the comic that started me on comic books in the first place, but it's not cost effective to do that for more than a title or two.)

Seriously, you are the only person I know who reads this title who doesn't consider it one of the best books currently being published. I'm not complaining--to each his own, just an observation.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I support and echo JetandHeels comments on Shockwave.
    Torture! And now Hasbro's showing that wave 3 voyagers won't have him, instead another pass at shelfwarmer prime, Ultra Mag the repaint, and Grimwing the green goblin.

Darn, I did venture into spoiler territory there, didn't I?

I just read Volume 3 (which includes the Annual and the 3-part Shadowplay story). I've got to read it in paperbacks, so I'm a little behind, but I know a few of the major things in upcoming issues from solicitations. The only comic shops within driving distance both suck in ways I've never known a comic shop to suck before (and stay in business long); they're inconsistent on ordering the few titles I follow and won't do a pull list unless you get a ton of comics each month. (I've got a friend sending me Regeneration One as it comes out, since I don't want spoilers in what's essentially the conclusion of the comic that started me on comic books in the first place, but it's not cost effective to do that for more than a title or two.)

Seriously, you are the only person I know who reads this title who doesn't consider it one of the best books currently being published. I'm not complaining--to each his own, just an observation.
    Ugh, yeah, you are definitely into spoilers for anybody reading the TPBs. For the floppies though, it's frustrating because I don't want to ruin what is news from 4 months ago, much less the solicitation for the upcoming 16th and 17th issues.

Sorry to hear your local shops suck, and that their pull list policy is garbage. I can't understand a shop that turns its nose up at loyal sales, I haven't asked my shop yet, I keep planning to, but I'll be disappointed if they pull that same stunt as they're right up the street and seem pretty cool otherwise.

Do you own a tablet? If so, maybe you might want to read the books on Comixology for $2 a pop instead, I'm considering doing that right now because I can't find RID 12, hoping to find it before the RID vol 3 TPB hits next week or so (it's the annual and issues 10, 11) - I already picked up 13-15, and 16 is shipping with vol 3. Plus, I signed up for the Marvel free 700 digital first issues promotion, also Comixology, so it seems like a good system.

MTMTE is deeply flawed, it's entertaining but it's like M*A*S*H in that it has a setting which doesn't drive it forward so it's mostly just interpersonal antics and drama, only MTMTE is less driven by its framing method than even that classic sitcom. And burning a whole season of books on Shadowplay was wasteful, that story really didn't need 3 issues to tell itself.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just to torture you some more, JT, you could have had Shockwave from HTS

I just opened mine up last night but haven't transformed him yet. I'm going to see how he looks with FOC Soundwave.

About MTMTE, I'm starting Vol. 3 of the trades and am still not sure how I feel about the series. Interpersonal antics/drama is what I get in reading Fables and I'm still adjusting to that sort of sensibility for the TF universe.

Started RID vol 2 last night, issue 6 is the first I read from it, and it's such a left turn to go from Cybertron to this Orion Pax vs Jhiaxus' creations storyline that it parallels MTMTE's 9 through 11 run in a way. Sucks to be Wheelie though, I'm sure I'll find out in issue 7 for sure.

BTW, issue 6 of RID - 2 characters "killed" only not to be killed. We've been debating this phenomenon furiously on my boards, IDW has a bad habit of pretending to kill characters only for it to either be reversed by the end of the issue or retconned. It's getting pretty bad when even Ore comes back to life.

Loaded Comixology app onto my tablet last night and downloaded a bunch of free comics, including AHM #1 and ReGeneration 1 #80.5 (the FCBD cover), several GI Joe comics, and the very first Batman story ever ("Bat-Man" as he's called there, at least he uses Judo-type moves and hides in shadows and is a detective). I don't know how I feel about reading comics on a screen yet, but the experience is as good as I could expect. First time I've ever felt that my 8.9" tablet screen could be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Just to torture you some more, JT, you could have had Shockwave from HTS
    I know, he came up right when I was broke, right in that tiny period while I was still waiting to get paid. In hindsight, I should have gotten 2 of him from them and gotten one to you guys, it looks like HTS is charging $20 while Amazon will be charging $25 should they ever get wave 2 in.

I just opened mine up last night but haven't transformed him yet. I'm going to see how he looks with FOC Soundwave.
    Father and son?

About MTMTE, I'm starting Vol. 3 of the trades and am still not sure how I feel about the series. Interpersonal antics/drama is what I get in reading Fables and I'm still adjusting to that sort of sensibility for the TF universe.
    This is how I felt at first about the line, but I liked the writing for the characters and the thought put into the background elements - the lore and religious beliefs and such - enough to offset it, and now I'm either going to pick up issues at my local shop or read digitally on Comixology.

Have you read AHM before? Prepare for disappointment, no matter how low your expectations may be. It's crap. They don't even try to fit it in with what came before, and had to attach the four-issue "Coda" and the Maximum Dinobots miniseries to explain what the hell was going on. They never did explain how in the name of Primus Bombshell had fought Blaster thousands or millions of years ago, when AHM makes a point that he's brand spanking new.

(Frankly, though, "For All Mankind," the first volume in the ongoing that followed it, was ten times worse. That succeeded in doing what even Pat Lee and the Dreamwave BS with Grimlock becoming a Decepticon couldn't, make me drop TF comics altogether. Obviously, I got back into them, as a friend wouldn't stop telling me the ongoing got infinitely better in Volume 2, and it did. Now, I'm in a minority--it seems everyone else hates the entire series; me, just the first arc.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.