Page 528 of 581 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538578 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 5805
    Just cracked open Planet X: Genesis. If it were released domestically, it would be easily worth $150, so I find the $300 import price about right. High quality plastic and packaging, beautiful product. Feels very solid and would easily pass as something Hasbro could have produced in their own factories, unlike most 3rd party (where they may be high quality but rarely feel exactly like an official Hasbro Transformer). Makes me wonder if it wasn't actually manufactured in one of the same factories that produces Hasbro products (sneaky Chinese - I kind of hope it is).
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    No kidding! He's as clumsy as the rest of those idiots!

He seems like what I expected them to do with the character, a little bit UM and a little bit Sentinel Prime. The comment about not liking "wrecker style" though is a tad dumb considering that UM works with the wreckers in several incarnations, INCLUDING this one (in the Exodus novels).
    "Aligned" continuity isn't so aligned it seems.

And the TFP 'Cons are looking a lot like a football team that routinely blows three touchdown leads. Ohhhh, two Autobot signals detected! Let's divert 50% of all Vehicon squadrons to capture one and 50% to get the other and leave the Darkmount with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    And the TFP 'Cons are looking a lot like a football team that routinely blows three touchdown leads. Ohhhh, two Autobot signals detected! Let's divert 50% of all Vehicon squadrons to capture one and 50% to get the other and leave the Darkmount with nothing.
    Well it was Starscream who launched it, so you can take it with a grain of salt. Was Megatron's biggest flaw in this series destroying dreadwing instead of Starscream? Why in the world would he save the loyal one instead of the one that has tried to kill him?

I saw that. "Held his own" is a dubious claim though, like Predaking he didn't really hold his own against a big group, he fought 1 or 2 guys and didn't die.
    Well not dying against a group is kinda holding your own, although what I really meant was any other Deception in this series would have retreated whereas Shockwave took the fight alone to the Autobots.

Some "ultimate Autobot hunter" Predaking is!
    No kidding! He's as clumsy as the rest of those idiots!
    In his defense, if it wasn't for some horrible writers plot twists, he would have stomped them all out.
    He had Bulkhead and Wheeljack until Magnus showed up.
    He would have torn Magnus's ship apart until Magnus flew into Beggar's Canyon and turned the ship upside down.
    He would have had Mangus a second time if not for the land bridge in the sky... "wink wink"
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    In his defense, if it wasn't for some horrible writers plot twists, he would have stomped them all out.
    I thought the skybridge trick was rather clever. Not sure why they've never used it before.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    WM. A bit out of your range, though. I'll keep mum on exactly which one; if I get a chance, I'll stop by there and see if he's still there.
    Thanks, I appreciate that a bunch. Figures it'd be WM, my WM is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Just cracked open Planet X: Genesis. If it were released domestically, it would be easily worth $150, so I find the $300 import price about right. High quality plastic and packaging, beautiful product. Feels very solid and would easily pass as something Hasbro could have produced in their own factories, unlike most 3rd party (where they may be high quality but rarely feel exactly like an official Hasbro Transformer). Makes me wonder if it wasn't actually manufactured in one of the same factories that produces Hasbro products (sneaky Chinese - I kind of hope it is).
    If it were released domestically, it'd be exactly $100 with a premium paint job or $50 mass retail, since it's the same size as Year of the Snake Omega Supreme. Glad to hear it feels like a TF product, that's one of the issues that usually keeps me away from 3rd party. Gonna buy a Dr Wu or whomever's replacement head when that comes out? It wouldn't be surprising if it were made at the TF factory, Hasbro by not owning those factories has to share factory staff with the other factory customers.

"Aligned" continuity isn't so aligned it seems.
    Yeah, but this is directly contradictory.

Standard crappy cartoon writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Well it was Starscream who launched it, so you can take it with a grain of salt. Was Megatron's biggest flaw in this series destroying dreadwing instead of Starscream? Why in the world would he save the loyal one instead of the one that has tried to kill him?
    Tony Todd was more expensive a voice actor on a character less recognizable?

Well not dying against a group is kinda holding your own, although what I really meant was any other Deception in this series would have retreated whereas Shockwave took the fight alone to the Autobots.
    Ok, but the end result was he sucked.

He had Bulkhead and Wheeljack until Magnus showed up.
    He would have torn Magnus's ship apart until Magnus flew into Beggar's Canyon and turned the ship upside down.
    He would have had Mangus a second time if not for the land bridge in the sky... "wink wink"
    See previous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I thought the skybridge trick was rather clever. Not sure why they've never used it before.
    They have used it before, on the Scraplets. The Autobot groundbridge isn't as accurate as the Decepticons', I guess would be the in-universe answer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey, whaddya know, I picked up a Beast Hunters Shockwave today. Whatever will I do with this figure from a line I don't collect?

(Just kidding. He's already spoken for.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If it were released domestically, it'd be exactly $100 with a premium paint job or $50 mass retail, since it's the same size as Year of the Snake Omega Supreme. Glad to hear it feels like a TF product, that's one of the issues that usually keeps me away from 3rd party. Gonna buy a Dr Wu or whomever's replacement head when that comes out? It wouldn't be surprising if it were made at the TF factory, Hasbro by not owning those factories has to share factory staff with the other factory customers.
    They are about the same height sure, but Genesis is waaaay more complex. I think $100 without a premium paint job would be more likely, there's no chance he would be $50. I think I forgot to mention when I got mine last month. It's a pretty solid chunk of toy. He can be difficult to pose, but its possible if you futz with his legs enough. The light gimmick is pretty cool, although you have to remove the lights to turn them off. They can be installed backwards for the most part and be push activated.. except for the port on his left leg. The light "barrel" refuses to go in backwards there for some reason.

I also picked up the Xovergen Trailerforce Masterarmor in the same order as Genesis. (That was a big *** box from CapturePrey!) I was quite surprised by it; its quality is MUCH higher than the last figure from them, the Grand Patriot. There are a lot of weapon options and ways to mess around with the supermode head. A big problem with this before I got it was how high the head stuck out. I was able to get the head to sit down more using classics Prime and leaving a panel out. I'm pretty happy with it, although I also think it's not quite worth the asking price for it. ($170ish before shipping)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Hey, whaddya know, I picked up a Beast Hunters Shockwave today. Whatever will I do with this figure from a line I don't collect?

(Just kidding. He's already spoken for.)
    Wooooooooo! Thanks man! I mean, "who is it for?"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    They are about the same height sure, but Genesis is waaaay more complex. I think $100 without a premium paint job would be more likely, there's no chance he would be $50. I think I forgot to mention when I got mine last month. It's a pretty solid chunk of toy. He can be difficult to pose, but its possible if you futz with his legs enough. The light gimmick is pretty cool, although you have to remove the lights to turn them off. They can be installed backwards for the most part and be push activated.. except for the port on his left leg. The light "barrel" refuses to go in backwards there for some reason.

I also picked up the Xovergen Trailerforce Masterarmor in the same order as Genesis. (That was a big *** box from CapturePrey!) I was quite surprised by it; its quality is MUCH higher than the last figure from them, the Grand Patriot. There are a lot of weapon options and ways to mess around with the supermode head. A big problem with this before I got it was how high the head stuck out. I was able to get the head to sit down more using classics Prime and leaving a panel out. I'm pretty happy with it, although I also think it's not quite worth the asking price for it. ($170ish before shipping)
    I haven't seen one in person yet, but based on the photos it doesn't look more complex in terms of part numbers or assembly, and the design doesn't have to combine in halves or combine with Energon Optimus or transform into anything terribly complicated, doesn't have sound effects and internal wiring or safety-testing (that lighting wouldn't pass). Keep in mind, Metroplex is twice as big and will be $125. So I think $50-$75 if it was Hasbro seems likely.

Dang, you went 3rd party crazy in that order! That's the one that turns Classics Optimus into Powermaster Prime, right? How tall is it, all told? How solid is it? You didn't get the actual Powermaster Prime cab they made to go with it, right, you only got the armor and used regular Classics Optimus, yes?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I haven't seen one in person yet, but based on the photos it doesn't look more complex in terms of part numbers or assembly, and the design doesn't have to combine in halves or combine with Energon Optimus or transform into anything terribly complicated, doesn't have sound effects and internal wiring or safety-testing (that lighting wouldn't pass). Keep in mind, Metroplex is twice as big and will be $125. So I think $50-$75 if it was Hasbro seems likely.

Dang, you went 3rd party crazy in that order! That's the one that turns Classics Optimus into Powermaster Prime, right? How tall is it, all told? How solid is it? You didn't get the actual Powermaster Prime cab they made to go with it, right, you only got the armor and used regular Classics Optimus, yes?
    I think you overrate the Energon one. Genesis has far more going on in terms on engineering and transformation. You may have a point with Metroplex, but without having it in hand its difficult to compare complexity.

I think 3rd party is almost my main focus these days. They are for the most part more interesting to me than what Hasbro has been doing. That and I wanted to add something else to the Geneis order since it wasn't going to bump shipping up heh. This "not" Powermaster Prime is roughly equal in height to the original Masterpeice Prime. They haven't actually produced a cab for it, at least not yet. I've tried my G2/G1 cab and the classics voyager. Don't have an original PM OP to pop in there. There's a teaser for a Godbomber style upgrade, which isn't too surprising since this one comes with parts traditionally associated with that combo.

Oh and someone has Springer and Blitzwing in hand..! Springer gets high marks but Blitzwing has some flaws unfortunately.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-springer.html

---

I had to remove the link to Blitzwing's post due to adult language.

I don't have Blitzwing yet but I can see he's got something mistransformed in the upper body, there are chest panels, shoulder bits, and back elements not lining up, which may explain why the shoulders aren't locking down. Also, he's clearly missed something as he got the nose to work after complaining about it.

I don't even understand the complaint about the faces, the head swivels and the faces rotate vertically, what's the problem?

I grant that the rubbery material and the tab-n-slot biceps are a bring down, but some of those complaints seem overboard.

Springer looks pretty good no matter what.

Like I said, I haven't seen Project Genesis yet in person, I'm just judging based on the photos of it next to the Energon Omega Supreme.

They didn't end up getting the cab out? It had an actual Powermaster in it, seems like an odd thing to leave behind, I guess they were afraid of Hasbro coming down hard. Shouldn't matter, they've already dipped their toes into trouble with the overall look and that head. Godbomber upgrade on this thing, huh? Kind of surprised anybody really wants it, the original was just kreoforming at its oddest, kreoform a robot, now kreoform armor onto an armor-wearing robot, now kreoform another trailer!