Page 529 of 585 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 5843
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They didn't end up getting the cab out? It had an actual Powermaster in it, seems like an odd thing to leave behind, I guess they were afraid of Hasbro coming down hard. Shouldn't matter, they've already dipped their toes into trouble with the overall look and that head. Godbomber upgrade on this thing, huh? Kind of surprised anybody really wants it, the original was just kreoforming at its oddest, kreoform a robot, now kreoform armor onto an armor-wearing robot, now kreoform another trailer!
    Yeah, but what was shown was a Classics Prime with new parts anyway. And there was never really anything clear on how they intended to release it. People wanting it may actually BE a problem; although this kit has gotten mostly positive reviews, there's not a whole lot of buzz surrounding it. I think many people are ignoring it due to how bad Grand Patriot was. I think it is possible the God Bomber parts may never come out anyway, if this one doesn't sell through fast enough.

So I read RID issues 6 and 7 yesterday, some of the momentum coming off the first few issues felt squandered, but some of it carried through nicely. The Wheeljack-heavy story could have been clearer, jumping from timeline to timeline lost the idea of the "fun with science" deus ex machina field generator Wheeljack was building. Some real unique philosophical ideas here though, I'm glad to see RID gets to enjoy deep philosophical ideas too since MTMTE is paved with them.
    I got (and read) RiD Vol. 3 last night, which contains 10-11 and the Annual. It was great, but it's got to be the most confusing time travel story I've ever read, since it spans a range of possibly (but not absolutely certainly) hundreds of millions of years.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I got (and read) RiD Vol. 3 last night, which contains 10-11 and the Annual. It was great, but it's got to be the most confusing time travel story I've ever read, since it spans a range of possibly (but not absolutely certainly) hundreds of millions of years.
    I also got RID Vol 3 recently, showed up Monday, but I haven't made enough time to read it yet before running through issues 12-16 that I bought for just the occasion, been dealing with a lot of different things here and there since Friday. Will let you know what I think. Are you going to wait for Vol 4, or are you going to try to get into the floppies? I decided to go with the floppies and a buddy got me issue 12 that just showed up yesterday, while I tracked down 13-15 on my own.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was planning on going trade-only. Until today, I was only aware of two comic shops in the area (in Redlands and San Bernardino). Both of them treat you like crap if you have a kid or two with you. I've been actively ignored more times than I can count at those stores. I gave up on Regeneration One when I went in on release day and the clerk treated me like a half-wit and acted like I was making up Diamond's shipping list or something. (In fairness, I have been treated decently in Redlands, but it seems like the exception rather than the rule.) A friend has been sending me RG1 from Michigan, of all places.

I did discover today there is a comic shop in Hemet (who knows where in Hemet, and, even though it's not far, I try to avoid that city), as well as one that opened last year in Palm Desert (further, but with better stuff nearby, including The Living Desert). When I get a chance to check them out (probably toward the start of May), I might switch to floppies if they seem reliable enough.

When you read the time travel story, let me know. I think I got it, but want to clarify the order things happen in without going to the Wiki (and risking spoilers for future stories).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Anyone playing the Transformers Legends mobile device game?

I just started today now that it's available for iOS devices.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I was planning on going trade-only. Until today, I was only aware of two comic shops in the area (in Redlands and San Bernardino). Both of them treat you like crap if you have a kid or two with you. I've been actively ignored more times than I can count at those stores. I gave up on Regeneration One when I went in on release day and the clerk treated me like a half-wit and acted like I was making up Diamond's shipping list or something. (In fairness, I have been treated decently in Redlands, but it seems like the exception rather than the rule.) A friend has been sending me RG1 from Michigan, of all places.

I did discover today there is a comic shop in Hemet (who knows where in Hemet, and, even though it's not far, I try to avoid that city), as well as one that opened last year in Palm Desert (further, but with better stuff nearby, including The Living Desert). When I get a chance to check them out (probably toward the start of May), I might switch to floppies if they seem reliable enough.

When you read the time travel story, let me know. I think I got it, but want to clarify the order things happen in without going to the Wiki (and risking spoilers for future stories).
    Neither shop has a pull file? I mean, it sucks to be treated like crap, but paying customer is paying customer, a pull list should make the process streamlined. That is pretty bad that the guy didn't know about ReGeneration 1 and treated you so badly. If things are super bad, I can start getting your floppies on my pull list and mailing them to you, I suppose.

I read RID vol 3's first story, RID #10, and to be honest I really didn't like it much. Not only is the expression of the time jumping concept too labored for the medium, but I very much disliked the art style. As for the story, what little there actually was, I think I got it but it required A) knowing too much backstory to speak for itself; and B) accepting that it wasn't so much of a story as a bridge to another story. Read here to see stuff that seems familiar and yet not entirely what you think happened: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Syndromica_%282%29

I haven't read vol 3's Annual story yet, but it looks... interesting.

I did however read MTMTE #16, and it also unfortunately contains art I don't care for, but it's on top of a very linear story dealing with the aftermath of things that I won't spoil. It's a fanboy controversial issue for sure though, and I think it's too bad the fans can't just grow up about this one as it's cliche but not dishonest, just foreign to the way things have been in TF before. Not a great MTMTE issue but not terrible, like a MASH episode that's more somber and introspective.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If things are super bad, I can start getting your floppies on my pull list and mailing them to you, I suppose.
    I hope things never get so bad for me that I want you to put my floppies on your pull list *zing*
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I hope things never get so bad for me that I want you to put my floppies on your pull list *zing*
    Wow, that was really corny.

You reading the comics Chaddy?

I haven't been. I didn't come in early on and I'm so confused by the RID vs Spotlight vs regeneration vs Mtmte titles. Feels like too much to catch up on. Plus, i got burned by the dreamwave era, so i'm not inspired to jump back in.

If there were a simple to follow guide as to which books relate to which continuities, i might start with a few TPB's to see if I like it.

The original Marvel continuity is Classics, UK Classics, Regeneration One, and the first volume of G.I.Joe/Transformers. (Look for the newer versions of the Classics trades, though; the originals couldn't reprint any issues with Spider-Man or Circuit Breaker.)

The paperbacks for the IDW-verse are a bit complicated, but not too terribly bad (not as bad as G.I.Joe, which restarts at #1 every year). The first chunk is anything written by Simon Furman with a title ending in "-ation," along with all the Spotlight trade paperbacks and Stormbringer. The New Avengers crossover fits in here, but skip it. It's OOP, overpriced, and awful. The "-ations" paperbacks go in a particular order, with Stormbringer after the first ("Infiltration," IIRC), and the Spotlights fill in holes and add detail to characters. I wouldn't skip them, though. There's also Megatron: Origin, which was a Dreamwave leftover that was tweaked to fit in IDW.

The first soft reboot comes with All Hail Megatron. It was messy as hell, and they had to include four issues called "All Hail Megatron: Coda" and a miniseries called Maximum Dinobots to make it fit (mostly) in place.

After that is the ongoing series, which lasted about two years, and the Bumblebee and Ironhide paperbacks. (The paperbacks for the ongoing include a Galvatron miniseries as well.) Last Stand of the Wreckers and Drift fall in this period somewhere, but it's not too important to pin down exactly where. Somewhere in here is the IDW crossover, Infestation, which I would say skip, but it has some important developments for two main characters.

The second soft reboot ends the war (we think) and sees the RiD and MTMTE ongoing series. The Spotlights have been restarted, and are being collected, but the paperbacks are under a different name for some reason.

If you're interested, I can cross-check all my paperbacks and give you the proper reading order. Or IDW seems to be taking some of the older trades out of print (they're still easily available, except for the New Avengers one) and releasing thicker ones called The IDW Collection or something like that.

Dreamwave's stuff is still in limbo, but Vols. 2-3 of G.I.Joe/Transformers contain the four crossover volumes from Devil's Due. (I'd assume a fourth would come out if the rights to the Dreamwave-published series ever work out.)

JT, they apparently do pull lists... but not for someone getting only a couple of titles.
    Tommy, close your eyes.