Page 531 of 595 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541581 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 5945
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That's too bad, it seems like it'd be a crown jewel in a collection. $125 doesn't seem so crazy for a figure this big, it's not worse than an AT-AT or something.

Huh, kmart, what the heck is up with that? That's a weird find. How much were they there?
    $19.99!! Can you believe it?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

My problem with Metroplex is that even is big is it is it still does not look like a city.

I could design something that might retail for
    $500 but would be awesome

There needs to be a lot of roads in different types of functioning buildings like in a little matchbox city, all connected to it transforms
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm not dissing you, but I find it a little funny that you are so caught up on scale that you pass on a lot of TF's, given that the original line included a semi truck who was slightly smaller than a cassette tape.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    $19.99!! Can you believe it?
    Ugh, that's awesome, now I'm kicking myself for not dropping by the 3rd & Fairfax one the other day when I was nearby. Congrats on the get.

Citybots never really look like cities, they're bases, that's what I liked about the G1 figure and I think I'll enjoy it as much here. The official photo of the Generations city mode looks mistransformed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ugh, that's awesome, now I'm kicking myself for not dropping by the 3rd & Fairfax one the other day when I was nearby. Congrats on the get.

Citybots never really look like cities, they're bases, that's what I liked about the G1 figure and I think I'll enjoy it as much here. The official photo of the Generations city mode looks mistransformed.
    If it makes you feel any better, I think they painted Springer's tiny autobot symbol crooked. And there's a stress mark next to one of the pins in Blitzwing. There's a chance I may end up having to find another set at some point... But yeah, it was a pretty stellar get!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm not dissing you, but I find it a little funny that you are so caught up on scale that you pass on a lot of TF's, given that the original line included a semi truck who was slightly smaller than a cassette tape.
    Well, let's say you take something like a Matchbox City with all the "roads" (as plastic tracks) and put them on hinges so those parts form a pannel former (not to take away from all the "buildings" actually transforming into the main thickness of Metroplex's arms, legs, and body).

Then there are opening "parking" and "ramp" panels on the building parts that can park Cyberverse commander and legion class cars (and of course the airstrip runway and heliport), plus maybe even dirt construction sites that fold in to clean panneling for parts of Metroplex as a robot or battle craft whereas the "dirt tracks" can't be seen when he's in these other modes.

Then, as his battle mode with twin airstrip runways, I think Metroplex should be able to hold some kind of angular lower hull shape, like a twin strip aircraft carrier that would float. But he might also have rocket boosters in the back and aeroline extensions for flight so he could double as a spacecraft - even bigger and badder than The Ark.

You know, the Constructicons could even set up as spies on the Autobot base, at these construction sites or Off-Road areas, unaware that they are occupying space on one gigantic Autobot transformer.

There could even be a small race track arena where Stunticons could be caught off guard, AND a military base of operations where Combaticons and Arialbots could mix in disguise.

Then of course, Protectobots would just be stationed throughout the city.

Perhaps there'd be a water port (pretend) where Seaspray and other aquatic Transformers could be.

Yeah- I'd pay $500 or so for something like that (hopefully less - but with Hasbro not sparing any expense on these features (to include transforming anti-air-assault defense cannons). Maybe it'd even have a space port with launch platform?

Anyway, you'd fill this thing with Cyberverse Commander and Legion class figures - tons of them - to at least include the main characters and room for all the combiners in their separate robot / vehicle modes (land vehicles anyway - some Arialbots might not have as big of runway for all of them in City mode).

As to the scale issue? I'm not a grammar school / high school kid any more. My tastes have changed. Less so than so many people who completely outgrew Transformers and are not represented on ANY toy fan site. But more so than some of you who are not bothered by Soundwave still being the same size as Megatron and Starscream (whereas I think Starscream should be the largest, though Megatron's in control, and Soundwave be appropriately sized if you were to build his robot out of the parts you could scavenge from a larger satelite or a Mercedes Benz.

Meanwhile, I get what you are saying, JT, but Fortress Maximus and Omega Supreme are "bases," without question. So I'd prefer Metroplex be a city. For the Decepticons who get ambushed, he's that much more of a surprise being a true Transformer. I'd expect Maximus or Omega to have battle defenses either way.

As for the Decepticons? I'd have a new character (not Trypticon or Scorponok) created, or maybe two again, from a gloomy, polluted motor city like Gotham as it's portrayed in the Burton movies, and another that's a straight out military base. "Guantanimann" - LOL.

That'd be the fight of our times: Fortress Maximus vs Guantanimann! Sometimes I crack myself up. But I don't see why they don't use that. Transformers never have to take themselves too seriously. Look at Wheelie in either decade's representation.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A guy was getting Springer at Target today and was cool enough to let take a look. Got to be honest, I'm not feeling this one at $25 after tax. In robot mode, I actually think the GDO version looks better, and it's not like I transform them constantly.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A guy was getting Springer at Target today and was cool enough to let take a look. Got to be honest, I'm not feeling this one at $25 after tax. In robot mode, I actually think the GDO version looks better, and it's not like I transform them constantly.
    All do respect, Generations Springer is phenomenal. But you can play with mine before you decide. He's mis-transformed in the box.

Springer is on par to RtS Jazz and Generations Warpath in my mind.

G1 Galvatron made a guest appearance on yesterday's Doctor Who.

I finished the RID issues up to date last night. I'm not sure how I feel about the second half of this run, on one hand it was a real roller-coaster ride from issue 11 onto issue 16, but on another hand it didn't feel as special as the first 8 issues or so did. I think it's basically the reverse of MTMTE, although in a way they suffer the same "culminating the first 16" problem. I'll definitely be picking up issues 17 on both though, but not Spotlight Hoist which I hear suuuuucks.

If it makes you feel any better, I think they painted Springer's tiny autobot symbol crooked. And there's a stress mark next to one of the pins in Blitzwing. There's a chance I may end up having to find another set at some point... But yeah, it was a pretty stellar get!
    Yer breakin' my heart.

I am very surprised to hear that, I would suggest buying if you see it and then deciding afterwards though, not an easy figure to get probably.

All do respect, Generations Springer is phenomenal. But you can play with mine before you decide. He's mis-transformed in the box.
    How is he mistransformed in box?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Springer is on par to RtS Jazz and Generations Warpath in my mind.
    Huh, not sure what to make of that. RTS Jazz IMO is one of the more middling entries, undone by a lack of stability and paint, and a weird face. Warpath is pure KAPOW! though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.