Page 540 of 586 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 5856
    Wow. Thanks for all the info about that, Chux!

Sounds like a great storyline.

I was never opposed to the dead "re-energizing" in Transformers because in 1987 it brought Optimus Prime back and kicked Rodimus to the no parking zone!

That needed to be done!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Picked up Generations Air Raid, who is clearly Fireflight, but also I don't care. Body does a good job pretending not to be Shockwave, the colors look snazzy although a bit dark for an Autobot. Weapons are alright, the gun's bayonet blade is way overkill though. The combined sword looks alright, the cardback shows the twin-barreled gun in it as well but that doesn't help whatsoever. Not a must-have set but not a bad buy during downtime for $13.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I suspect that, though the RG1 zombies weren't entirely unaffected by the trend in zombie fiction, but they provided a way for Megatron to have a loyal army to conquer Earth while Prime was paying no attention. The Transformers on Earth at the end of the original series were Fortress Maximus; Galvatron (frozen under ice); Megatron, Ratchet, Shockwave, and Starscream (who were fighting each other when the Ark re-crashed); and a lot of deactivated Decepticons (and a few Autobots) in the Ark's cold storage. Given that two of the Decepticons on the Ark were known traitors and another (Ratbat) was a former Decepticon commander who was more effective in the past than Megatron and might not be keen on following his orders unless he was brain-dead, it made sense in the context.
    Not sure why Megs needs an army anyway though, starting over with a small force of spies and saboteurs is good enough IMO. Better than silly zombies.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Not sure why Megs needs an army anyway though, starting over with a small force of spies and saboteurs is good enough IMO. Better than silly zombies.
    Because comic book Megatron, especially when written by Furman, is completely insane and kind of a douche. He rebuilt Ratchet into his transport, since he couldn't kill him, and made Starscream self-aware but unable to act on his own simply to torture him.

If he had any sense, after exploiting Ratchet's and Shockwave's know-how, he would've rebuilt a select handful of Decepticons, or at least repaired his brain-dead army to the point where combiners could combine, things like that. He also should've made it a top priority to find out where the hell that weird purple stranger that he sensed a kinship with had gotten off to....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Because comic book Megatron, especially when written by Furman, is completely insane and kind of a douche. He rebuilt Ratchet into his transport, since he couldn't kill him, and made Starscream self-aware but unable to act on his own simply to torture him.
    I'm not a Furman true-believer, I guess. I think there should be more limitations on Transformers, disguise is part of their evolution, their very nature, it's a defense for weaknesses and for subterfuge, not everything should be a blitzkrieg.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

His nuttiness goes back to the (frankly, one of the worst damned comics ever, regardless of the surprisingly impressive creative talent) first issue, where Megatron's master plan is to turn Cybertron into a mobile war machine to lay waste to the other planets in the galaxy... and then this is never mentioned again.

Some sort of non-canon crossover between Marvel G1 Megs and IDW G1 Megs would be really quite interesting....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Picked up Generations Air Raid, who is clearly Fireflight, but also I don't care. Body does a good job pretending not to be Shockwave, the colors look snazzy although a bit dark for an Autobot. Weapons are alright, the gun's bayonet blade is way overkill though. The combined sword looks alright, the cardback shows the twin-barreled gun in it as well but that doesn't help whatsoever. Not a must-have set but not a bad buy during downtime for $13.
    I like Air Raid. I passed on him many times because of the Shockwave Mold but picked him up on sale and was very glad I did. I currently have him fighting FOC Starscream on my bookshelf.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

His nuttiness goes back to the (frankly, one of the worst damned comics ever, regardless of the surprisingly impressive creative talent) first issue, where Megatron's master plan is to turn Cybertron into a mobile war machine to lay waste to the other planets in the galaxy... and then this is never mentioned again.

Some sort of non-canon crossover between Marvel G1 Megs and IDW G1 Megs would be really quite interesting....
    And this is unfortunately why I can't take the Marvel run seriously. I roll my eyes at Marvel G1 Megs. IDW G1 Megs wouldn't even make time for that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I like Air Raid. I passed on him many times because of the Shockwave Mold but picked him up on sale and was very glad I did. I currently have him fighting FOC Starscream on my bookshelf.
    Yeah, I think comments like that were what convinced me to pick him up when I saw him for $13 the other day. Air Raid vs Starscream is a good call.

Putting Shockwave and Air Raid together wasn't good at my house, all the similarities started shouting at each other, and then since I have Blitz & Springer on the same table, Shockwave's diminutive status reared its ugly head. I replaced him with TFP Voyager Shockwave and things seemed much better, except for poor little Air Raid.

That brings me to a thought, do you guys find it difficult putting characters in Deluxe scale next to characters in Voyager scale when the characters aren't meant to be behemoths?

On comics, I finally finished TF Spotlight: Hoist, and what a half-told story that was. How was this a spotlight exactly? This was like a lost issue of MTMTE which was ok, but the story felt like it was missing something even there, and the interesting ending lacked impact. This felt like a Spotlight that needed another 2 pages.

The Spotlights have always been filler to set up new arcs or give background. They're rarely important to the title character.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That brings me to a thought, do you guys find it difficult putting characters in Deluxe scale next to characters in Voyager scale when the characters aren't meant to be behemoths?
    That completely annoys me. I currently have Bruticus, TFP Shockwave, FOC Soundwave (Voyager), FOC Starscream, and FOC Air Raid on the same shelf. The Voyager figures are 2/3rd the height of Bruticus. I have no idea where to display Springer due to his size, especially since it seems he could have easily been done in the deluxe scale.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I got my 2nd Springer and Blitzwing at Target.

Now I'll look for or order 1 more set so I can display them in all modes.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.