Page 545 of 588 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549555 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 5875
    Have you guys seen the 12" Prime figures? Ugh, Horrible. The mold is bad, no articulation, It looks like someone scaled up a McDonalds toy.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Have you guys seen the 12" Prime figures? Ugh, Horrible. The mold is bad, no articulation, It looks like someone scaled up a McDonalds toy.
    That's being kind. The McD toys transform.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Ah, but I *did* get in line for MP SW! Friday of the con, I left my hotel at 4:30 am, got into line shortly before 5 am, got to EE shortly after 9, only to learn of the raffle distribution.

We were told to return at 11 for the results and so I did. Only it took until 11:30 or so and that's what caused me to miss the Hasbro SW panel.

The one thing I'm not really liking is the quality of the minions/cassettes. Rumble's and Frenzy's accessories especially. Pegs on the guns are slightly misshapen and take a slight bit of work to fit onto their backs. It shouldn't be mold degradation already, should it?
    Ok, well you got one DESPITE waiting in line. That's really crappy how they did that, they should be more aware of the situation than to jump in crazy like that.

I like the minions but not the pricing Takara wanted, they're "good for US scout class" good, not "insane crazy MP pricing good". I am not having any trouble with the gun pegs, are you using the right ones? There are 2 pegs on each weapon, the peg folds in and out to reveal bigger and smaller pegs for back or gun. If it was just 1 of yours like this, I'd say a misfire, but all 4 makes me thing "user error" over factory error - that said, it IS possible that yours were molded on a bad day, but I haven't seen any other complaints of this so it'd be more widespread if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I'm not experiencing that problem on mine. Mine is actually pretty freaking awesome. Given everything in the package, I'm putting him up as tied with MP-10 Prime for best MP figure. But it's a subjective thing - I don't feel like it's a hands down opinion.
    I like Soundwave, but MP Prime is better because it delivers more detail and more transformation, it's a more "whole" experience. Soundwave is a little simple in spots, cheaps out on transformation in a few places and throws out the book on the back transformation, and the cassette ejection system doesn't work as well as it should. Not a bad figure at all, just not MP Prime v2 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    That's generous even. I don't get it, Hasbro makes an edict to all their boys toys brands, make small cheap figures, make 12" cheap figures, make them not suck, and ONLY the Star Wars brand has delivered remotely, the other brands all fall on their faces for some reason.

That's being kind. The McD toys transform.
    Yeah, but can the McD toys act as a wooden spoon? These look like they could.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, but can the McD toys act as a wooden spoon? These look like they could.
    I stand corrected.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

So I got dem Wreckers. Their decos are glorious, despite not really being appropriate character wise in most cases. I am enjoying them more than I thought I would considering I have waaay cooled off on Bruticus.

It occurred to me on Saturday, that with the reveal of Fansproject's Roadbuster, I will probably own "better" (and much more expensive) versions of all of these characters should an Impactor turn up at some point. Guess I can leave these five in combined mode after that.

All five are up on amazon for $14.99 right now.

I stand corrected.
    I almost suggested they'd make good school paddles, but that's just not appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    So I got dem Wreckers. Their decos are glorious, despite not really being appropriate character wise in most cases. I am enjoying them more than I thought I would considering I have waaay cooled off on Bruticus.

It occurred to me on Saturday, that with the reveal of Fansproject's Roadbuster, I will probably own "better" (and much more expensive) versions of all of these characters should an Impactor turn up at some point. Guess I can leave these five in combined mode after that.

All five are up on amazon for $14.99 right now.
    AAAAH! You're killing me, I so didn't want to get them, but Impactor finally getting a figure, it's hard not to be tempted by that one after such good showings in the comics. I can't justify $75 for the set, but I may pull the trigger on Impactor. I would have bought Whirl up until Botcon revealed the Voyager coming.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Finally fixed my Metroplex. Someone suggested that the electronics might be batty because the batteries aren't reaching the contacts once the door closes. I added a small pad of aluminum foil inside the body and it worked just fine. Still going to leave it battery-free for the time being, but glad to know it works now.

Sort of.

Found TFPBH Prowl (dlx) and bought him. The head is very different and very unique, almost Animated in its cartooniness. The rest of the body though is too similar in deco to Smokescreen for my tastes, and using purple instead of blue for the siren light and windows makes no sense to me.

Finally fixed my Metroplex. Someone suggested that the electronics might be batty because the batteries aren't reaching the contacts once the door closes. I added a small pad of aluminum foil inside the body and it worked just fine. Still going to leave it battery-free for the time being, but glad to know it works now.

Sort of.
    Congrats! I thought I suggested something like that, buddy, guess it takes more advice to get the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Congrats! I thought I suggested something like that, buddy, guess it takes more advice to get the ball rolling.
    Did you? I thought you said something about loose contacts which made me think I'd need wiring and sodering skills. If you did, great advice! It worked! Lol.

Did you? I thought you said something about loose contacts which made me think I'd need wiring and sodering skills. If you did, great advice! It worked! Lol.
    First thing I suggested was batteries being bad, I think second was not making contact, and then the next post was loose contacts and soldering. Or maybe not, who cares. Credit for something inconsequential, yes!

It's really odd that your battery hatch would allow the batteries to be loose where nobody else is having that issue, when I get mine I'll take a close look at what's going on in there.